General AFL Discussion - Carlton Supporters ONLY 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne are a disgrace of a club especially Scully for what he is about to make in $ they couldn't do it for Jim Stynes and book a final place. It's most likely Stynes last time, he may see them make the finals with the stomach cancer. I don't think it's a good sign when it's in the stomach.
is that you Carro?
The only bit that should not be deleted is the final line

To be honest, if we slide to 5th I'll be 100% confident of facing whoever finishes 8th. We'll be playing a home final against a mediocre side who scraped into the 8th (I mean, look at the contenders for 8th: Essendon, Sydney, Melbourne, North:eek:)

But yes, there is a hint of truth about wanting to see us in Perth:D And to be honest from what I saw yesterday, playing here won't be too much of a disadvantage. We worked the wide expanses beautifully and the Bluebaggers matched the Freo crowd for loudness (though I'm aware Finals atmosphere will be more intense)
There always a chance at Subiaco if we win week 1 but the following week will be the tough task after playing there. Top 4 would could upset Collingwood as we are due for a win and our best we can win then have a Preliminary against either Geelong or Hawthorn.

Tony Shaw says Essendon can come from nowhere to win the flag
"If they can keep that intensity they can win premierships, they can win (the premiership) this year," Shaw said on Melbourne's 3AW radio on Sunday.

"Essendon can win the premiership this year if they keep a level.

"I'll tell you why, because this game has been built on one thing and (there are) three or four really good sides who do it well, that defensive pressure.

"You do that for a length of time and you can beat anybody in the competition and I'm serious about that."
Tony Shaw says Essendon can come from nowhere to win the flag

tumblr_lpidr20HZM1qjz4cro1_500.jpg

I just think placing our fate in the hands of perennial failures such as Fremantle and Melbourne is facepalm-worthy. Our games against the Eagles and Dogs put doubt in my mind as to whether we're worthy of top 4, this Friday is a chance for redemption.

Anyway, I can understand your view (although saying something is 'unCarlton' is on the same level of wankiness as people who say something is 'unAustralian') and it's not like I don't want Carlton to finish as high as possible, I'd be over the moon if we finished 4th and destroyed the filth in the first week.

Thats probably a fair enough call I'd say. Should have replaced uncarlton like with weak/pessimistic. Which I think is not a characteristic of the CFC or their supporters. Generally speaking of course.

I see your view also that it's a more realistic outcome.

Its not relying on them for me. .

It's more wait and see if they can win there games.

If we make it we deserve it. If not we don't.

If they do good luck to them they deserve it.

There are still many possible outcomes. There is still a chance of a WC v Freo elimination derby, or a Hawks v Bombers elimination and a Carlton V Geelong Qualifying final. Likely? No, possible of course. But the likely elimination looks to be a Carl V Sydney final.

My question is, being a Carlton "home" final, would a Carl v Syd game be at Ethihad? With Ess v Saints, Coll v WC and Geel v Hawks as the other games, my guess is we might have to play at the dome.

I'm really liking Bryce Gibbs at the mo , he;s been fantastic the last few weeks. :thumbsu:

Anyone else think he looks like Matt Damon

He's had a far better season than he did last year. He's as damaging as he was in late 2009 but seems a far more rounded footballer.

Either way, I think the biggest difference in his game has been a change of direction from the MC more than anything. He's incredibly solid in defence but is clearly at his most damaging forward of centre. Doesn't have the penetration to be a real weapon coming out of defence but his perfectly weighted passes are a thing of beauty when going inside 50.

My question is, being a Carlton "home" final, would a Carl v Syd game be at Ethihad? With Ess v Saints, Coll v WC and Geel v Hawks as the other games, my guess is we might have to play at the dome.

This possibility is really starting to shit me quiet frankly..we finish 5th, St Kilda and Essendon have finished below us and by a fair way...we have 45,000 members, by the time you factor in medallion club and AFL members not all of our 45,000 members will have the opportunity to buy a ticket to our first final in Melbourne in nearly 10 years...think about this for a second..where is the fairness in this?? We are the 5th best side in the comp we have earnt the right to the tell the AFL that we want our home final at the MCG to fit all our supporters and members in, Saints and Bombers don't deserve that right because they have finished below us by 3 or 4 wins...

The Essendon members can blame their players for not being good enough to win the right to have a home final and they can then fight it out with the Saints members for the 35k or so tickets that will be left over at Etihad after the medallion, AFL and corportes have taken 15k after all the Saints have not been good enough to finish in front of us and all their home games are at Etihad..

If the AFL says you have won the right to a home final but you don't have the right to play it at the venue that will fit all your members in and that also doubles as your home ground for a good portion of your home games well then the AFL can go and get ****ed because we have won the right to choose where we play the ****ing game by being light years in front of St Kilda and Essendon for the majority of the year!

And i hope to dear god the club puts this on the record should it eventuate... we want the MCG we have won the right to play there as it is our co home ground and we want to fit our supporters and member in, Saints and Dons haven't won the right..****em!

Do you think if Collingwood finished fifth and had to play Sydney they'd play at Etihad...no chance they'd fight tooth and nail to make sure fairness was upheld and so should we..

Jeez. How some people have a job in the media, I have no idea. Here's a direct quote from the Fox Sports News Eagles and Demons game report:

"But it's the Eagles who are heading for the finals, and this clinical victory means the top four is still within reach."

Absolutely clueless. They're rightfully in fourth place. It's as though they're setting it up for a 'Carlton shockingly dropped out of the top four just before the final round' call. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez. How some people have a job in the media, I have no idea. Here's a direct quote from the Fox Sports News Eagles and Demons game report:

"But it's the Eagles who are heading for the finals, and this clinical victory means the top four is still within reach."

Absolutely clueless. They're rightfully in fourth place. It's as though they're setting it up for a 'Carlton shockingly dropped out of the top four just before the final round' call. :rolleyes:

No, I agree with the way they are reporting it.

We are 4th, we have the wins on the board, they dont. Yet.

A bye to us does not guarantee they will win the game they have in hand, they have to go and win it first. Much the same way that the team batting first in a game of cricket has a "lead" of 100 runs even though they are all out for 100 on a batsmans paradise, the other team still has to go and get those runs.

Until the bye and we know if they win their game that week, we still have more wins.

Thats why the AFL ladder should be sorted by % of wins like basketball or match ratio as it was a few years ago, it will stop all this false bullshit reporting by the journo's who know nothing.

Also think ties for positions should decided on a head to head ratio also, even though it would be hard with the current uneven draw I still think its better then teams building % against sub standard teams who they might get to play more often then some others do!

I don't have a problem with the AFL scheduling an Ess v St.K final at the MCG. What I do have a problem with, is that if they schdule a Carl v Syd game at Etihad, considering we have finished higher than both Ess and St.K and deserve the right to play the game where we want to. And I have no doubt if we had that right, we would choose to play the Swans at the G, as we play a more superior game style at the G and the Swans recent record playing at the MCG is really poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back