General GF questions- NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD PLS (use stickied)

Remove this Banner Ad

P2, Cat 5, just gone thru. CBA M Card. Registered for standing room option.
Things I learned. My ballot number of 500ish and early as possible rego was irrelevant/of no consequence.
Things I'd be interested to know for next year (and the year after that, and the year after that....). Did everyone in P1 and P2, who chose to exclude standing room, get a ticket.
Sadly easiest and less stress way to get a ticket is to get a full afl membership with club support

I FEEL ******* SICK!

Sitting here waiting for news of my P2 tickets and get an email saying that somebody had tried to access funds from my account and that it was beyond my daily withdrawal limit of $500. I had no idea I had a limit on my card as I don't use credit cards as a rule and made sure that I had more than enough to cover for my tickets today. I suspect that my tickets just got put into a digital dustbin.

I think I'm going kill myself.

Tell them to extend the limit and see if they do it again. Ring Ticketek tomorrow.

I'm priority 3 $285 taken out is that category 5? Also if there is some1 that has 1 ticket in a better category that didn't want to do that much I'm happy to swap and give you the price difference
There is four of us with category 5, I've lost me seating plan, do u no which level we are on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still haven't had anything. It's now panic stations.

Got nothing yet either ... went for two batches of 2 tickets ... my Dad has been to every Vic final since 1954 and doesn't have a ticket yet :0

Is this a Gumtree type deal?

If you're handing over cash (bank transfer), always do the deal in person. You're already putting your faith in a total stranger's word, at least have a look at the goods first.

Even with PayPal, you need to be careful, I haven't looked at the specific terms and conditions for years but there may be some PayPal terms that disqualify buyer protection on things like vouchers and event tickets.

Tread carefully. You think missing the grand final is the worst thing in the world? Missing it, and being out of pocket for up to a grand for the privilege is a million times worse. Being humiliated at the gate as you try to enter AND giving up the opportunity to have watched it with close friends on TV or having sacrificed experiencing the atmosphere of being immersed in a 10-000-20,000 strong genuine Bulldog army at the Whitten Oval is also a massive opportunity cost.
Facebook deal yeah

Can't meet in person and don't know anyone who can. Will review PayPal terms but fairly confident they help in these scenarios.

They have given me a photo of the ticket (no barcode).

The only other thing I could think of was for them to give me a photo of their license which they have agreed to.

Not fool proof, but not sure a scammer would give me that to pass onto authorities. So hopeful I have minimised the risk

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

General GF questions- NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD PLS (use stickied)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back