General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind him when he's on with Dr Turf and Richo, even though I hate horse racing. But him deliberately arguing the unpopular side of a debate, particularly against flogs like Ralph, Denham and Connelly and usually about rules, for three hours a day wears thin for me.
Richo is one of the best, if not best media performers across all sports coverages atm imo.
I know a guy who was friends with him at de la salle and he reckons when they would run 400's at footy training back in the day at school he would call them like a horse race.
The blokes got heaps of personality without coming across like a smart ass flog like 90% of the others

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Anyone heading down today? Should be a fair few dees players playing

Hey buddy. Did you get a load of that nerd?

Being a nerd and going to the library
giphy.gif

anyone catch Nate Jones on the couch tonight? what did he say?
Just grilled about being a co captain, Jack Watts, Gawn/Spencer and the expectation on melbourne this year. Played a pretty straight bat on all fronts, its super obvious he has had massive media training over the off season.

Just grilled about being a co captain, Jack Watts, Gawn/Spencer and the expectation on melbourne this year. Played a pretty straight bat on all fronts, its super obvious he has had massive media training over the off season.

Was very honest about the co-captaincy too which I liked.

Also was asked to rate Hogan/Petracca/Oliver, he went with:

1. Hogan
2. Oliver
3. Petracca

Reckon that'll be a nice little sting for Trac this week :D

anyone catch Nate Jones on the couch tonight? what did he say?

Spent a bit of time talking about St.Kilda and teams that have historically had the wood over us. Says only he and a couple of others really would have memories of it. So many new players to the club that weren't there during the bulk of those periods.

Talked about sharing captaincy (took it badly at first but understood decision and came around to it).

Talked about Jack Watts. Said he was only about 10% off what he needed to be and Nate was annoyed at him for coming back that way, has been great since and expects him to play round 1.

Was asked about Gawn/Spencer. Says Gawn can play anywhere and Spencer has really done a lot to prove himself.

Was asked to rate Hogan, Petracca, Oliver. Went Hogan, Oliver, Petracca

Last edited:

1. Hogan
2. Oliver
3. Petracca

I think players are now being trained to give away some info that is interesting and noteworthy but doesn't paint the club or other players/coaches in a bad light. I've noticed a few players opening up about some things, generating a couple of articles and then that essentially being the end of it.

The worst thing a player can do when asked to come on for an interview is give away nothing at all. Since then the media will just poke, prod and speculate on a bunch of non-answers.

1. Hogan
2. Oliver
3. Petracca

Hard to argue with him. Throwing Hunt in the mix would of been interesting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Francis is much better doing the 12 til 3 slot by himself. Marko and the Ox is easily the best combination imo

I really like Francis... maybe its because even though he's a smug little bugger, he actually has a brain and does the work on sports journalism, and the wider news in general. But his recent pairing with The Ox was a disaster.... maybe he got too shmancy at the ABC.

Also agree on Allen and The Ox.... however i reckon The Ox would do better with a more stoic partner to bounce off..... one who is less of an entitled flog with stocks on himself. I know its left field.... but what about Sam Pang?

1. Hogan
2. Oliver
3. Petracca

I gotta agree with that order.... although I reckon Truck has a hidden 5th gear that he might one day kick into. Haven't seen it yet, but if he does the work and finds it he could blow the competition apart.

I gotta agree with that order.... although I reckon Truck has a hidden 5th gear that he might one day kick into. Haven't seen it yet, but if he does the work and finds it he could blow the competition apart.
I'd say we saw it in the JLT. His championship ranking for that game was insane

I really like Francis... maybe its because even though he's a smug little bugger, he actually has a brain and does the work on sports journalism, and the wider news in general. But his recent pairing with The Ox was a disaster.... maybe he got too shmancy at the ABC.

Also agree on Allen and The Ox.... however i reckon The Ox would do better with a more stoic partner to bounce off..... one who is less of an entitled flog with stocks on himself. I know its left field.... but what about Sam Pang?

Yeah i didnt like Francis with the Ox, so i was suprised at hiw much i liked him, by himself.

Yeah Sam Pand would be interesting, but i reckon Sam Pang would need someone a bit more stoic as him and the Ox are both a bit of a jokers

1. Hogan
2. Oliver
3. Petracca

Yeah i reckon Trac is the kind of guy that would get pissed off with that and it would spur him on to be the best of the lot

Yeah i didnt like Francis with the Ox, so i was suprised at hiw much i liked him, by himself.

Yeah Sam Pand would be interesting, but i reckon Sam Pang would need someone a bit more stoic as him and the Ox are both a bit of a jokers

What about if SEN threw the chequebook at Santo Sam & Ed for a footy based radio show? Only problem is that only Sam knows anything about AFL.

What about if SEN threw the chequebook at Santo Sam & Ed for a footy based radio show? Only problem is that only Sam knows anything about AFL.
Why not get the whole late show crew together or at least the good ones

Am I the only one who dislikes Sam pang?

So are we going to play round 1 without a back of jumper sponsor? find it hard to believe we are finding it so hard to get a sponsor on board.

So are we going to play round 1 without a back of jumper sponsor? find it hard to believe we are finding it so hard to get a sponsor on board.
RIGHT?! I was concerned a few weeks ago about this, and nothing has happened since, it's very concerning. Given how out of control the hype is currently, I can't understand how this hasn't been resolved and announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back