Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
I just don’t see how Glenorchy stay in the league after what will happen to them this year. Having an underage system with extreme low numbers will hinder them also.
North Hobart went through something similar but had many underage players and still it’s taken 5 years to get where they are.
They have to make their club more appealing and I believe dropping to the SFL would do so. The old notions of playing in the best league possible have to be balanced with what’s best for the players you have left. How many Glenorchy players would play in the VFL team? Kamaric? Maybe/maybe not. Gunther if back yes. Grace if back and aligns with them yes.
Just my opinion.

Well Clarence are the only club making noises about leaving the State league.

Maybe they are broke?

Tips R1

North Launceston v Glenorchy by 110
Launceston v North Hobart by 35 (be very interested to see where the Demons are at here)
Lauderdale v Kingborough by 15 - without doubt game of the round, fair chance to head down and watch this.

Also, thank god all games are being live streamed this year.

Tips

North Launceston by 120

Launceston by 50 ( I think NH would beat anyone else in round 1 apart from Launceston)

Tigers by 20 ( I believe Lauderdale will take longer to gel, but get better through the year)

Tips

North Launceston by 120

Launceston by 50 ( I think NH would beat anyone else in round 1 apart from Launceston)

Tigers by 20 ( I believe Lauderdale will take longer to gel, but get better through the year)
If Lauderdale only just beat North Shore i think the Tigers could win by a lot more.

That's still probably going to affect all clubs at different times, for a while yet.
You would think that the new ‘sub variant’ will cause a fair bit of chaos in the next 3 weeks then settle down again for a while, like New Years/Early Jan when it came in.

You’d think (hope) the isolation rules will change soon enough too.

You would think that the new ‘sub variant’ will cause a fair bit of chaos in the next 3 weeks then settle down again for a while, like New Years/Early Jan when it came in.

You’d think (hope) the isolation rules will change soon enough too.
Yes it may. I don't think anyone knows when & how much it'll settle down.

Some people will get long covid, others may get repeated bouts of covid symptoms.

The vaccine will reduce the severity of infection, not necessarily repeated infections.

Their is a risk for the 0-5 age group although most won't get much of an infection. Still, some will struggle with it. That remains a concern for young families.

We still don't know what sort of flu season we may or may not get!!!

With the upcoming AFL team that will be announced what are the opinions of people on how it will affect the senior clubs of the TSL?
For me:
I don’t believe an AFL club here will improve the standard, playing numbers or viability for any of the clubs.
For sure junior clubs will get more numbers through but the fact remains that playing football is becoming less and less important to young men. Work, house prices, injuries and other activities are just some reasons. I just don’t think more 17/18 year old boys will keep playing just because there’s an AFL team. More like they’ll go to watch the AFL team at home or interstate.
I believe a VFL and VFLW will be introduced to replace the TSL. This means that clubs won’t even have a seat at the table let alone funding.

There will be no pre season guide, filming, paper reporting will be minimal and so will tv coverage.
Regional clubs in VIC for example are on their knees and there are 10 teams in VIC.
Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don’t see how Glenorchy stay in the league after what will happen to them this year. Having an underage system with extreme low numbers will hinder them also.
North Hobart went through something similar but had many underage players and still it’s taken 5 years to get where they are.
Difference being North Hobart have had outstanding youth aged teams in recent years and due to many having to play Seniors before their time have been largely whipped in recent years, Glenorchy haven’t had that quality of youth teams coming through so with that comparison there could be dark times ahead.

Launceston to mess with Hobart heads pumping NH as the best from the south, North to emphatically underline the long year ahead, and a competitive game at Lauderdale...Tigers are usually rubbish away...the other Bombers will want to make a statement after a disappointing 2021...

Launceston to mess with Hobart heads pumping NH as the best from the south, North to emphatically underline the long year ahead, and a competitive game at Lauderdale...Tigers are usually rubbish away...the other Bombers will want to make a statement after a disappointing 2021...

North Hobart best team from the South?

Trying to work out COVID casualties from the team lists…
bombers missing Magro and Bundy will hurt. Interested to see how Marlin gets on. Nh missing Dale, Quirk, Caswell, French i think?

Remove this Banner Ad

General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back