Preview GF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

So IF we lose we all going to say we lost it at the Selection Table?

I don't think so. We won't lose because of Leon, but I just don't think he was the best selection. I don't feel he will have a great influence, particularly offensively. But I do feel that Goldsack was the better choice.

We still have 22 players v 22 players and our best 22 with or without Leon is still better based on form to this point.

Don't want a Close Game I want a Blow Out Either Way

If we are to win I do feel we need to blow them out in the 1st quarter. If St Kilda are close at quarter time I would be worried frankly. They run out games far better than anyone here seems to give them credit for. They consistantly come back and finish with very strong 2nd halves.

If we win like we did against Geelong I won't be disappointed. I'd be stoked with any win, but I do want to see St Kilda's best on the day along with our best. Far more satisfying that way.

The thing with Baker is that he will play with heart and give it everything his little old body can muster.

Will be interesting to see how the veterain goes. I think he might exceed expectations and surprise a few with a solid game.

I expect Baker to come out and play this like his last game.

Baker is the one player where it doesn't matter if he hasn't played for 3 months. He is not the athletic type anyhow. He there there to annoy 1 player... Didak. If he succeeds, then they go a long way to winning the game!

The question is, why didn't he play last week or finals week 1?

To those who dont like the selection of Leon, thats fair enough, but Im going to trust Mick and Bucks with the selection.

So even if you arent a fan of the choice, cheer even louder for him on Saturday! Help him to be the inspirational player we know he can be.

I agree wholeheartedly with this, but I will feel so unbelievably sorry for whoever our 23rd player was if Davis dogs it in the Grand Final when a consistent option would've played a solid game.

In a home and away game I'd risk Neon, but not a Grand Final.

Right ins for me.

The St Kilda supporter is right I reckon. They might throw Kosi in for a bit but I'd think Blake would do some work also.

The Saints might try to go in shorter also with only Riewoldt up front as a tall target to try and affect our structure but I think we have the flexibility to cover it. Presti would take Riewoldt and Reid could probably play on a mid as he is mobile enough.

Either way if they change up their forward line to mess with our structure then I think they are playing into our hands which is a plus.

To Smash a Few Pies and Try to Injure them.

Like going after Dids Shoulder:mad:

If he tries that then I want Didak to knock him out Barry Hall style. I dont care if he misses the first 2 months next year as long as we win the flag this year. I actually hope everyone just goes to him and gets stuck into him. The bloke is nothing but a dog he is worse then Barry Hall.

Baker is the one player where it doesn't matter if he hasn't played for 3 months. He is not the athletic type anyhow. He there there to annoy 1 player... Didak. If he succeeds, then they go a long way to winning the game!

The question is, why didn't he play last week or finals week 1?

If Baker does play on Didak I would recommend to move Didak into the midfield and push him up the ground. Make him run Baker off his feet because he now does have the ability to do this.

Why Baker didn't play. Word has it that players have a habit of having a great 1st game back, but then their 2nd game back is never close because their body just can't recover in that time because footy is just such a taxing game. Myth? Trust? Maybe it is a personal thing? At Bakers age perhaps this was the right approach. It has been said this was the logic taken with Baker. It certainly isn't the wrong one, but it will be interesting to see how Baker copes with the pace of the game after such a long period on the sidelines.

Will be very interesting to see how he performs. I do feel he will play better than many here think. But certainly a risk.

Davis should be told to just tackle and harass the Saints backmen. They look average when the pressure is put on them.

I am 100% sure that will be the message from Mick and Bucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope that if that little runt Baker is out there trying to injure our players, we get free kicks, which result in goals... Or if we arn't getting the free kicks, big bad Leeroy to line him up and send him off for the rest of the game...

go PIES!

Here's a thought. If Kosi moves into the ruck and St Kilda have Riewoldt as the only real tall in the forward line, do we try pull a big suprise and move Reid into the forward line to exploit their lack of talls?

I'm not impressed with the changes. Anyone who has seen my posts knows i'm not a fan of Leon, he has let us down twice and it had better not be a third. First in tackles in F50 yes, also top 20 in AFL for most free kicks against!

It also worries me not having Goldsack and Brown in, as Presti might not be 100% and if goes down, especailly early, we're in trouble!

However if Presti holds up we should be right.

And as far as i'm concerned Leon needs to kick at least 3 goals at crucial times early in the match (or later if its close!) to pay back the Pies for his poor GF and finals performances over the years. If we win the GF i want him to have earned his damn premiership medal!

I'll be more than happy to eat my words and put number 1 on my back if he fires up and we win. Those conditions met I will also never slag him off on this board ever again!

Yep. You can't win a flag with 21 players. You need 22 contributors.

This is rubbish. Almost every year from each premier there have been 1-2 players who have done pretty much nothing. Croad injured his foot in the first few minutes of the '08 GF and the Hawks rolled home.

I just hope that if that little runt Baker is out there trying to injure our players, we get free kicks, which result in goals... Or if we arn't getting the free kicks, big bad Leeroy to line him up and send him off for the rest of the game...

go PIES!

As we have seen this year, umps favour certain player. Fortunately for once this will work for us... the microscrope will be on Bakers every move. Therefore whoever is on him, (dids most likely), must pester him in the same manor, we will always get the free.

I have no issue with Presti. I WANTED Presti in. Perfect in.

But how many times in 10 YEARS of finals does Leon have to do nothing before Mick wakes up? What happened to horses for courses? So after Leon costs us a flag, will Mick FINALLY get rid of him?

Because I'm dying to know where this optimism for Leon comes from. Even against the Bulldogs when we smashed them, Leon did nothing. So I just don't get it.

I'm just flabbergasted beyond belief.

If that happens Didak will get a jab and just come straight back on. His shoulder won't make a difference to his kicking and he still can run Baker off his legs.

Look at Luke Hodge in the 08 grand final. Broken ribs. Comes back on. Lifts his team. Inspiration.

I think if any St Kilda player does something dirty and our player comes back it might just inspire the team to bigger and better things. This is what the players have been playing for their whole life, they will do whatever it takes to get back on the field, to help rotations and help the side win.

Out of ones pain comes inspiration. Seems to happen just about every grand final and it wouldn't surprise me to see a pie go down, get back up and win the game.

Here's a thought. If Kosi moves into the ruck and St Kilda have Riewoldt as the only real tall in the forward line, do we try pull a big suprise and move Reid into the forward line to exploit their lack of talls?

Jason Blake will follow Leigh Brown into the ruck and play in the ruck when Leigh plays.

Davis should be told to just tackle and harass the Saints backmen. They look average when the pressure is put on them.

Davis is a match winner just at the last time Collingwood played St Kilda.

Plus it allows Didak to push up into the middle and get more of the pill.

Get on Didak to win the Norm Smith now.

Agree. And he usually comes up well after a spell. Worried about Presti but if he's fit then he's the more experienced version of Brown (feel sorry for the kid though).

Thinking about it I like the side they've picked and assuming both sides line up as selected then we've, again, got a well balanced 'horses for courses' side.

Can't wait.

Yep. You can't win a flag with 21 players. You need 22 contributors.

You make it sound like he's going to tank in the game! Get a grip.

If anything the Saints are playing with 21, Dawson is a spud.

We have our own enforcer to deal with that. If Baker tries something, I expect the Anvil to steamroll him and put him in hospital.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview GF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back