Preview GF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know why Baker was brought in. It's not rocket science, he is clearly brought in to ruffle some guys up. Absolutely dirty tactic from the Saints
If thats the case then all that will happen is a load of free kicks and 50m ps our way right? Go Pies. we should be all over this mob!

Davis needs to play like its his last game because if we lose this game, Leon will miss his chance for a premiership with this team, Dick will replace him next year.

If Baker does something dirty, tell Brown to pick Presti up and throw him at Riewoldt, we all know Presti won't play dirty, this way Presti will get suspended but he will probably retire after this anyways :).

Here's a thought. If Kosi moves into the ruck and St Kilda have Riewoldt as the only real tall in the forward line, do we try pull a big suprise and move Reid into the forward line to exploit their lack of talls?

I know what you are thinking but I wouldn't.

Reid really has never since playing for the Pies frankly looked great as a forward. Played as a forward in his junior years, but I certainly wouldn't.

His rebound from defense is outstanding and his pin point kicking over 55m is sensational. He can play mid size also so I'd keep him down back for the duration of the game regardless of matchups.

Also if you have L.Brown, Cloke + Dawes up forward. Too top heavy.

Good changes. Davis came out of nowhere in the Melbourne match to kick a freaky goal to get us over the line, just harass all day and try your best Leon!

Overall if you want to look at it this way, theres one change from the team that we fielded against the saints earlier in the year which is Goldsack OUT Cloke IN

In that sense, thats a massive massive upgrade on the team that played.

As much as i really dont trust davis's ability to perform on the big stage this is our best team

As for the Saints...i dont know what theyre playing at dropping mcevoy, other than theyre going to come in and try to rough us up and intimidate us

Overall if you want to look at it this way, theres one change from the team that we fielded against the saints earlier in the year which is Goldsack OUT Cloke IN

In that sense, thats a massive massive upgrade on the team that played.

As much as i really dont trust davis's ability to perform on the big stage this is our best team

As for the Saints...i dont know what theyre playing at dropping mcevoy, other than theyre going to come in and try to rough us up and intimidate us

Maxwell missed that game as well.

Just saw that the Saints had a closed training session today. That can only mean one thing. They didn't want anyone to see how their injured players trained.

Not like they would be working hard on tactics this late in the game that they didn't want anyone to see.

Baker is in for the rotations.

They reckon they have to keep pace with us up to 150 and if they have an extra ruckman, they can only turn over 3 players to get that number.

I dunno how I feel about the changes. I guess it will all unravel. I really like Nate and Goldy, and thought it was really really stiff on Nate to be dropped. Hasn't put a foot wrong since he played continual games.

I'm worried, and hoping that this setback means they will come back stronger in the future, not seek greener pastures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker is in for the rotations.

They reckon they have to keep pace with us up to 150 and if they have an extra ruckman, they can only turn over 3 players to get that number.

Not that i actually care how they set up because i think it benefits us.

But if they go with one solo ruckman someone like Kosi or Blake has to go with Leroy...

If its Kozi, then they lose from the forwardline

Just look at the Leroy vs Hawkins matchup of last week

It just doesnt seem right, maybe a late change

Not that i actually care how they set up because i think it benefits us.

But if they go with one solo ruckman someone like Kosi or Blake has to go with Leroy...

If its Kozi, then they lose from the forwardline

Just look at the Leroy vs Hawkins matchup of last week

It just doesnt seem right, maybe a late change

Blake will follow Leroy everywhere including into the ruck.

Blake is a lot better than Hawkins.

There is no doubt Baker is in to "rough up" our boys. You can also just about guarantee he will try and clean up somebody. This is his "last hoorah". He would have been told to do whatever it takes, fairly or not. There is no other explanation as to why he has been selected, being out of the game for 3 months.

We must not get unsettled and must stay completely focused and in control at all times. He will most likely go to Dids, so Dids needs to be smart.

Baker's a bum of a player, if we move the ball in with any speed he is shot.

Blake to follow Leroy makes for hilarious viewing. Jolly's going to drift into the forward and go smack down on their ass.

You'd think McEvoy will play.

But I love how the Saints need to try something out of the box because they don't trust what's got them to the GF is going to be good enough. F***** love it!

I have no issue with Presti. I WANTED Presti in. Perfect in.

But how many times in 10 YEARS of finals does Leon have to do nothing before Mick wakes up? What happened to horses for courses? So after Leon costs us a flag, will Mick FINALLY get rid of him?

Because I'm dying to know where this optimism for Leon comes from. Even against the Bulldogs when we smashed them, Leon did nothing. So I just don't get it.

I'm just flabbergasted beyond belief.

ME TOO !!! totally gutted. He has done nothing to warrant a place in the GF team. Has done nothing in over 15 finals games...

Even with Presti, love to guy but GEEEZZZ the game is so fast etc and being out for 5 weeks is just too risky...

If Baker starts fights, holy shit i don't know what will happen when The Anvil, Swan, DAWES and Cloke will do?

If Baker goes for Didak, I have no doubt that one of these players, most like Browny, will knock him out.

Game on

I have no issue with Presti. I WANTED Presti in. Perfect in.

But how many times in 10 YEARS of finals does Leon have to do nothing before Mick wakes up? What happened to horses for courses? So after Leon costs us a flag, will Mick FINALLY get rid of him?

Because I'm dying to know where this optimism for Leon comes from. Even against the Bulldogs when we smashed them, Leon did nothing. So I just don't get it.

I'm just flabbergasted beyond belief.

ME TOO... changes have shattered me !!! Why tinker with a winning formula ? Also why are we all so ****ing scared of Reiwolt ?? Like Maxwell said, " he can't hurt us if the ball doesn't get to him" !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back