Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm that nervous its not funny. Swans are a very capable side but I have to say I think our best footy is the best in the comp. If we play our best we win. Hopefully the experience from last year drives us to victory.

I feel our prep is lot more settled, calm and clear. Oscar out and Fort in. We announced it few days ago. Neale's injury was much more publicized before prelim but this time everyone knows he's being managed so not that much air time.

Swans so far feel a bit haphazard to me, Logan McDonald foot injury, Mills fit but not selected, should they go with Fox or bring Adams back in etc. Feels like a lot of things are still moving or up in the air. I think they may be a bit off overall.

Last edited:

I'm that nervous its not funny. Swans are a very capable side but I have to say I think our best footy is the best in the comp. If we play our best we win. Hopefully the experience from last year drives us to victory.
A 2003-like Grand Final performance would be great.

This is my big worry for the moment. Just how many guys are sore out there. I really hope we have just one more big effort in us.

Ignore it all, it's just the media chasing clicks. They keep playing up the Neale thing when he and Fages have said it's no different than its been for months. No-one wants to get injured in a training session before the GF, and of course plenty are nursing at this time of year. Nothing to worry about, keep the excitement pumping 🦁🦁🦁

Just landed - crispy 12 degrees. A bit different to Brisvegas. Love it. Can't wait to get settled in and have a beer at the Roar Deal pod later on.

Will you be the guy in the Lions cap?

I feel our prep is lot more settled, calm and clear. Oscar out and Fort in. We announced it few days ago. Neale's injury was much more publicized before prelim but this time everyone knows he's being managed so not that much air time.

Swans so far feel a bit haphazard to me, Logan Morris foot injury, Mills fit but not selected, should they go with Fox or bring Adams back in etc. Feels like a lot of things are still moving or up in the air. I think they may be a bit off overall.
Logan McDonald, gave me a scare there :)

This is my big worry for the moment. Just how many guys are sore out there. I really hope we have just one more big effort in us. Will have as much time as you need to rest up after the game.

Are we really surprised that training is light? No need to run around when you're a bit sore. Rest and recover all week and fly into it on Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my big worry for the moment. Just how many guys are sore out there. I really hope we have just one more big effort in us. Will have as much time as you need to rest up after the game.

I wouldn't worry at all. They're ready 😎

My heart can't take the close ones. Way too stressful
I agree. All the neutral supporters say they want to see a close game. I don’t, I want to thrash them.

The AFL shelling out 5 million dollars for Katy Perry is a waste of money. I would much rather the AFL put that money towards the fans by subsidising access to food and drink at the MCG. In these tough economic times, that amount would enable 1,000 fans to buy a pie, small chips and a light beer.

Complete waste on such an average talent as Katy Perry. If we were talking Springsteen I'd be all for it. Or how about 100K on an Aussie artist and the rest to charity - perhaps the MND charity. Not like Katy needs the money, just sold her tiny catalog for 225 M.

Can we
Lions supporters who are attending on Saturday can you please just sing Take me home, Country Roads when Charlie goes near it to get the boys fired up?!
We'll be singing it at the Stones Cnr loud and clear.
Getting there at 12:30 , really going to have to stick with mid strength beers .
Here we go.
Almost Heaven , West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains , Shenandoah River .
Straight to the Chorus
Country Roads take me home to the place I belong .
No worries.
I know ther's an extra line there in the verse , but I think that's what we do at the Gabba?

If we play our best, we win. Problem is, we are a bit banged up, so how close to our best can we realistically get? I cannot deal with another Brisbane loss after how much our footy teams lost last year on the big stage, all in heart breakers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back