Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW just bought my roar deal tickets for thursday. Get in before the sell out. That and the Friday open training were the highlights of last year.
I think I missed the last ticket. 😫

If anyone hears of a Roar Deal ticket that can’t be used (and I wish that on no one!), please PM me.

Maybe i’ll just go hide in the toilets in my McMorris cap before the event…

And forget Hawthorn this year too.
I think the Lions have been the most amazing team this year from where they come from at the start.
Quite an incredible turnaround.
I was at yesterday’s game, and the Bulldogs vs Hawthorn EF. What we brought yesterday was better than Hawthorn in the EF. While it’s difficult to compare due to different opposition, but our boys in that form would have beaten Hawthorn. We’re too hard.

Tough watch. Jerry should be very proud of his role he had getting us back into this season. He was huge for us earlier in the year moving into the middle. Go win it now mate.

Thanks for sharing. Such raw emotion. Looking forward to seeing him have a blinder next Saturday. He’s been a huge part of our resurgence this season.

If we do get up I think this run eclipses the bulldogs in 2016 in terms of winning from outside the top 4. Yes they finished lower but played two games in their home state including the GF against a higher ranked team

Plus the week off got them players back they wouldn't have otherwise.

And the GF umpiring.................🤮

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the emotional high of last night I woke up this morning with my excitement slightly tempered. Last year my mindset heading into the grand final was so optimistic it almost didn't occur to me that we could lose.

I guess that's normal with the excitement of seeing your team make the grand final for the very first time. You feel almost invincible. But after coming from the grand final loss last year I know the consequences of us losing back to back grand finals could be devastating. The playing group might not be able to mentally recover this time if that happens.

After the emotional high of last night I woke up this morning with my excitement slightly tempered. Last year my mindset heading into the grand final was so optimistic it almost didn't occur to me that we could lose.

I guess that's normal with the excitement of seeing your team make the grand final for the very first time. You feel almost invincible. But after coming from the grand final loss last year I know the consequences of us losing back to back grand finals could be devastating. The playing group might not be able to mentally recover this time if that happens.
Understandable about it could affect them mentally. Maybe.
But we are adding Kiddy Coleman, McCarthy, Doedee and Levi to this squad next season..

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Massive effort from you lot to get back here after last year, especially from where you were earlier this season and then doing it the hard way from outside the top 4. Plenty of respect from this opposition supporter. Good luck on Saturday, hope it’s the belter it promises to be.

I was at yesterday’s game, and the Bulldogs vs Hawthorn EF. What we brought yesterday was better than Hawthorn in the EF. While it’s difficult to compare due to different opposition, but our boys in that form would have beaten Hawthorn. We’re too hard.
I agree totally. Lions are stacked with talent across every line.
Best team in the comp in my opinion and I believe the Lions will put on a clinic next Saturday.

Why is this thread only three pages long Lions fans?
You’re about to win another Premiership.
Last night was the best game of the finals and both teams played the highest level of footy we’ve seen this year by some margin. Sydney and their fans will be very nervous.

Why is this thread only three pages long Lions fans?
You’re about to win another Premiership.
Last night was the best game of the finals and both teams played the highest level of footy we’ve seen this year by some margin. Sydney and their fans will be very nervous.

They will be and they should be but they aren't spuds either. They have had a bit of an armchair ride through the season in many ways and we might run out of puff, we've had several hard back to back games. That will definitely steel us and if we are in at three quarter time, I expect us to win it. How much petrol have we used though?

Losing your ruck is never ideal either.

Of course we'd recover and be stronger again next year.

If we lose we deal with it.

Like many others I'm over the moon that we're there again. We've got the opportunity through hard work and resilience. Just give it our absolute best which we will and what will be will be.

They will be and they should be but they aren't spuds either. They have had a bit of an armchair ride through the season in many ways and we might run out of puff, we've had several hard back to back games. That will definitely steel us and if we are in at three quarter time, I expect us to win it. How much petrol have we used though?

Losing your ruck is never ideal either.
Lions will be running on adrenaline and look super fit and will out pressure and outrun the Swans all day.
The way to beating Sydney is to out pressure them. The Pies had them down by 5 goals at 3 quarter time at the SCG before stopping and getting run over. And the Pies weren’t exactly world beaters this season.
And while I feel very sorry for Oscar, his loss won’t hurt you too much. Grundy isn’t a good tap ruckman and the Lions will be able to rove his hitouts all game.
You’ll be fine.
Lions by plenty on Saturday and another flag.

Fort v Smith is THE big discussion. When did Fort last play a 2s game? 3 weeks ago? Might make Smith a better option. Grundy isn’t a monster but has a tank.

Payne grabbed his knee late so a bit of a concern. He was a bit shaky overall but a good match-up for the not so mobile Logan McDonald.

Neale looked totally fine.

Hippy ran and competed well, kicking clearly off; didn’t even go for a goal from 50m from a set shot, was desperate to pass. So we know what we hope from him; compete and link up.

Mills seems to the be the only issue for them.

This will be a thoroughly deserved flag if we get up; will have knocked off 3 of the 4 top 4 either away or neutral, and all of them close to full strength while we have had some key outs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back