Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Where we're killing it in clutch moments of late is that our forward line has gelled and they're all playing selfless footy to get the best end result. Who would've thought Charlie would become a great role player, which is what he is now. The combination of Cal and Charlie is awesome . Play for each other and share the spoils.

Hipwood's injury has forced him into a blocking/linking/defending role and each week he's getting better at it without the pressure of having to score goals.

Bailey was gifted some opportunities that he mucked up yesterday but he just looks as if a big game is around the corner. Getting into the right spots , needs more composure and awareness. The good thing is the defensive aspects of his game around the ground have improved.

Winners are grinners . We were a scintilla off losing our last 2 games being behind on the scoreboard with little time on the clock .I feel as if we've gotten a get out of jail free into this GF, not that we haven't earnt it ,but we could've so easily been done and there's a positivity of nothing ventured nothing gained.

Where we're killing it in clutch moments of late is that our forward line has gelled and they're all playing selfless footy to get the best end result. Who would've thought Charlie would become a great role player, which is what he is now. The combination of Cal and Charlie is awesome . Play for each other and share the spoils.

Hipwood's injury has forced him into a blocking/linking/defending role and each week he's getting better at it without the pressure of having to score goals.

Bailey was gifted some opportunities that he mucked up yesterday but he just looks as if a big game is around the corner. Getting into the right spots , needs more composure and awareness. The good thing is the defensive aspects of his game around the ground have improved.

Winners are grinners . We were a scintilla off losing our last 2 games being behind on the scoreboard with little time on the clock .I feel as if we've gotten a get out of jail free into this GF, not that we haven't earnt it ,but we could've so easily been done and there's a positivity of nothing ventured nothing gained.

I felt totally different about Bailey getting run down last night compared to the pies game. Yep, he didn't get round stewart, but him taking the game on was one of the big things to getting us back in it.

It also wasn't one of those where he didn't bother looking around and got caught napping, it was deliberate and Stewart just nailed a great tackle. He breaks that tackle at speed and he has a straight shot in to goals.

Sorry to intrude friends but this really pisses me off.

You guys and Fagan have to go public and make as big a fuss about this as possible.

Absolutely unacceptable and small minded by the AFL.

I felt totally different about Bailey getting run down last night compared to the pies game. Yep, he didn't get round stewart, but him taking the game on was one of the big things to getting us back in it.

It also wasn't one of those where he didn't bother looking around and got caught napping, it was deliberate and Stewart just nailed a great tackle. He breaks that tackle at speed and he has a straight shot in to goals.
Not only that, from memory he didn't have a heap of options up forward. At best a 50/50, at worst the ball comes straight back out.

Joe was superb in the ruck last night and our forward line looked so dangerous when we moved ball quickly , do we have anyone at all that could chop Joe out for 5-8min a 1/4 in the ruck and we play a more mobile player than Fort, I would love Lyons to play but realise that won't happen,

Yeah for sure ,It wasn't that. It was the two he missed that with a little more composure he would've swallowed.

He's playing as well as he has all year and is made for the style of game we're now playing.

Like others I've knocked him often enough but in the sort of game we and the Swans will play against each other I'm having a sneaky bet on him for the Norm Smith.

Not only that, from memory he didn't have a heap of options up forward. At best a 50/50, at worst the ball comes straight back out.

It was one on one 50m away deep inside 50, and the cats player was in front and had control of the dangerous space. Would have taken an unreal kick or just trying pure chaos ball and grubbering it along the ground.

As martinson said missing the easy shots in the second quarter were a bigger problem for Zac.

My #1 most hated moment of the day was Harris running into a 2v1 in our favour and spoiling backwards, directly to Henry who'd stayed seagulling out the back. Awful judgement.

First of all,

1. Congrats to Brisbane on making the Grand Final.

2. After 7 rounds Geelong were 7-0. Thier next 18 games saw them be 9-9. In contrast Brisbane were 2-5 (big injury list too), they then proceeded to get on a role and be 15-3 plus one draw.

3. The win against Geelong in the Preliminary Final at the MCG I reckon is the Brisbane Lion's best Finals win outside of their Premiership wins in 2001, 2002 & 2003.

4. As a Richmond supporter, I see Trent Cotchin works with Brisbane. What role does he play and has it been a positive for the club?

All the best for the Grand Final week build up and on Grand Final day. Enjoy the experience.

4. As a Richmond supporter, I see Trent Cotchin works with Brisbane. What role does he play and has it been a positive for the club?
Just a mentor type role to help our leaders in the group improve their resilience and believe in themselves. It's a FIFO role every few weeks in Brisbane while also helping out on game-day at Melbourne games.

Triple Tigers Premiership Captain Joins Lions
Tigers' flag skipper to head north in mentor role with Lions
Cam Rayner on the impact Trent Cotchin has had on him in his time at Brisbane & overcoming quiet starts to games.

I don't, and have never, rated Grundy. He's an overpaid gazelle afaic.

Hence, with that said, Fort in doesn't bother me overly. It sucks for Oscar right now, for sure it must be said.

We remain equally capable of defeating the Swans with or without O - we are greater than the sum of our parts :)

Just a mentor type role to help our leaders in the group improve their resilience and believe in themselves. It's a FIFO role every few weeks in Brisbane while also helping out on game-day at Melbourne games.

Triple Tigers Premiership Captain Joins Lions
Tigers' flag skipper to head north in mentor role with Lions
Cam Rayner on the impact Trent Cotchin has had on him in his time at Brisbane & overcoming quiet starts to games.

I hope Cotchin has helped the team, he's a wise man, was a great captain for Richmond, led from the front. Good to see Brisbane recognising his effoets as a player. Battle hardened and more importantly Finals hardened. He'll probably play a role during GF week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was one on one 50m away deep inside 50, and the cats player was in front and had control of the dangerous space. Would have taken an unreal kick or just trying pure chaos ball and grubbering it along the ground.

As martinson said missing the easy shots in the second quarter were a bigger problem for Zac.

My #1 most hated moment of the day was Harris running into a 2v1 in our favour and spoiling backwards, directly to Henry who'd stayed seagulling out the back. Awful judgement.
I noticed multiple players did that during the game... Spoiling towards goal and inevitably we were wrong sided. I'm not sure if it was nerves or brain fades but we were rarely set up that way... Oscar did it a few times as well.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I noticed multiple players did that during the game... Spoiling towards goal and inevitably we were wrong sided. I'm not sure if it was nerves or brain fades but we were rarely set up that way... Oscar did it a few times as well.

I was trying to work out what was going on because most times we had the numbers and yet it ended up with not one but a couple of the opposition forwards swooping on it.

We were always taught if you're going to punch it away punch it hard over the boundary. We seemed to be punching it into space.

Was such a massive difference in composure from our back 6 in the third and early part of the 4th. Thought they lost their heads a little bit in the last couple of minutes.

I was trying to work out what was going on because most times we had the numbers and yet it ended up with not one but a couple of the opposition forwards swooping on it.

We were always taught if you're going to punch it away punch it hard over the boundary. We seemed to be punching it into space.
it was very very swirly winds and the ball moved around late so it is was a bit more understandable than normal

View attachment 2118649

Zorko will be on 277 games to end the year so if he manages to play a full H&A season next year he will hit 300 by the last game.
Was trying to figure out how he did it - drawn GF is the answer but a) imagine being the only player to play all your team's games in a premiership year these days! and b) the grand final rematch having 123 more points scored than the first go seems crazy too! NM almost equalled the entire score from the first game themselves (151 points after an initial 76-76 draw).

Footy on Nine

"We want to keep him involved as long as he wants to be involved." ❤️
Brisbane Lions footy Manager Danny Daly on how the club hopes to support the injured Oscar McInerney through the week after his heroics in the prelim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back