Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, I had such high hopes for Lang. I'm just so disappointed. I honestly thought when this guy came on the scene that he would be a 200-game player for us. He had class and time with the ball in hand. I really hope this doesn't come back to bite us. Another 1st round pick that hasn't worked out :(

Just having a look at the Carlton list, the player I could be tempted with is Blaine Boekhorst. Drafted 2014. Has that speed we need especially losing Motlop. Worth a punt IMO, just as likely to succeed as a late pick. And lets face it, he is kind of at the same stage of his career as Lang.

A future 2nd feels overs, a future 3rd seems unders.

Agree hmm. I think a 2018 2nd rnd of some sort gets Ablett done so i would try to work that in.

There’s not many on Carlton’s list they’d trade who we’d want for Lang. Maybe a 3 way trade:
Lang to Carlton
Anthony Miles to Geelong
Carlton pick to Tigers

If ghs doesnt get games for us neither would miles.

FFS, GHS could captain that club.

In fact, they don’t deserve someone of his character. **** em.
Completely agree -

He's quality person and good footballer and because of that they had no idea how to handle him so they rejected him.

****ing clowns - and I hope it bites them full in the arse.

Go Catters

There’s not many on Carlton’s list they’d trade who we’d want for Lang. Maybe a 3 way trade:
Lang to Carlton
Anthony Miles to Geelong
Carlton pick to Tigers

I'd actually embrace Miles. I know we have enough contested ball and inside mids but he and Ablett will allow Danger to spend more time forward. But then where does the pace in the midfield come from? Hopefully Cocky and Parfitt can build up their fitness..

According to Drainpipe ... the starchamber have drawn a line in the sand... they have awoken from their slumber and suddenly..shock horror.. gee our best players are getting a bit old..Perhaps on 2 years left in a couple of them... So outcome We have to add a few kids for the next gen ...

Obviously I agree as I have been saying go to draft and no to other clubs troubled souls. To me our main role that id have concerns about is ..KPF. Its ok to say they like Buzz and Sav.. but they have to be questionable as to having enough talent... Most other positions..especially mid..I think we can cover and add ... for example.. we could tried to get Hopper ... but KPF... very tough. Traditionally we have been lucky with FS's.. but without FS KPF.. this will be the role we will have to somehow solve.. and if they estimate 2 years for Hawkins then the clock is ticking.

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 9.44.40 am.png

And we will look rotten if we get this wrong, and we don't get him back to the club.

It will send the message that we have abandoned the son of a former Legend. Ablett left us, sure, but he needs us now. Let's give him a second chance to "right the wrongs".

Frank Costa said that the club will "throw their arms around him" during this time. Yet Stephen Wells is more interested in what pick we get rather than the welfare of the Ablett family, or getting a former "favourite son" back to his grieving family. It sends mixed messages.

One of the many things I have always loved about our club is that we care about each other. Leaving Ablett high and dry because we want to hold out for GC to bend over, or want to use the No. 19 pick (which the AFL made pick 19 so that we can do the Ablett deal easily) to get a trainwreck like Stringer, or a lazybones like Watts, who have both nominated other clubs anyway, just because they are ten years younger, would be a disgrace, and make me feel a bit ashamed about the character of the club.

Do the deal now, give them pick 19,get Gazza back, and let's go to the draft. We don't lose any picks we started trade period with, we don't lose any players (we lost Motlop, but he was going anyway), and we get back a two-time Brownlow Medallist, multiple MVPer, multiple AA, matchwinner, two-time premiership player, and someone who actually performs well in finals. If his shoulder is right (and I back our medical team over the Suns' one to give him the best treatment), then Ablett will have massive upside, in memberships, interest, and possibly our chance at another premiership.

The difference is - Frank Costa does not work for or represent the club - Wells does.

GO Catters

That's the risk you take when you go into this time of year with a few players out of contract.

People last year talked at how replaceable Caddy was. Well Lang must be considered in the same category then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too. Wells greatest strength is maximising mid to late draft picks. It's what he does so well. So get Watts + a mid draft for 21(?), and go to the Draft with 19 and the others*
*35 for GAJ

If Wells' strength is to maximise mids and late draft picks, (and he did well getting stars in the 30's and later to assemble our premiership sides) then it doesn't matter if we give up an earlier pick, like 19 or 22 for Ablett, since we can still get young stars with our later picks, then.

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but why hasn't Jack Watts committed to Power if they're the only team interested? Is he waiting to see if Geelong changes its tune?
I think its more waiting to see if Melbourne change their tune - Wells wont come up - but IMO Watts would want the Demons to come down to meet the GFC requirements.

Go Catters

According to Drainpipe ... the starchamber have drawn a line in the sand... they have awoken from their slumber and suddenly..shock horror.. gee our best players are getting a bit old..Perhaps on 2 years left in a couple of them... So outcome We have to add a few kids for the next gen ...

Obviously I agree as I have been saying go to draft and no to other clubs troubled souls. To me our main role that id have concerns about is ..KPF. Its ok to say they like Buzz and Sav.. but they have to be questionable as to having enough talent... Most other positions..especially mid..I think we can cover and add ... for example.. we could tried to get Hopper ... but KPF... very tough. Traditionally we have been lucky with FS's.. but without FS KPF.. this will be the role we will have to somehow solve.. and if they estimate 2 years for Hawkins then the clock is ticking.

View attachment 429041

8 of 44? And our best players... Hardly an irresponsible list profile.

The difference is - Frank Costa does not work for or represent the club - Wells does.

GO Catters

He used to, and the team used to have some character and integrity.

If we don't look after Gazza during this tragedy, and give him his wish to play for us, then it doesn't make us look good, that we don't look after someone in need, someone who in the past gave us many highlights, and won us games, and would actually make us a better side, then maybe some of that character and integrity is gone.

They both would’ve played if fit this year or at the club. We’re not going to get a guaranteed best 18 for Lang. But someone to help with depth and push for a spot

I disagree on Miles quality . But its irrelevant Miles manager said he wont move unless he is guaranteed best 22 and we won't do that.

No one really. Id want charlie curnow but no chance.

Really cant see that happening. In a way I really do not want anymore Carlton players... but the ones id like..we would not be able to get.

Whats the story with Glass McCasker? He was one at the champs a couple of years ago that looked OK down back? Anyone seen him play VFL?

He used to, and the team used to have some character and integrity.

If we don't look after Gazza during this tragedy, and give him his wish to play for us, then it doesn't make us look good, that we don't look after someone in need, someone who in the past gave us many highlights, and won us games, and would actually make us a better side, then maybe some of that character and integrity is gone.

I respectfully disagree.

So you are happy to let a champion retire under those circumstances?

So you are happy to chase people like Stringer and Watts, who don't want to play for us, and have issues, instead of a champion player, who, at 34, could still run rings around Stringer or Watts, and has shown us how he plays in finals, when most of our list has failed at that the last few years in finals.

Maybe footy is an outlet to Ablett. Maybe he needs to play to deal with his grief. My dad used work to grieve when I lost my brother. Work can be an outlet to deal with things sometimes (I'm sure that is foreign to you).

You won't forgive him, will you? Many here will never forgive him for leaving in 2011. You people won't let him forget it. Fine. Then stay away next season.

In fact, you should pledge that if the Cats get Ablett, you won't follow them. Then, good riddance. I want him back, and possibly help us win a flag. Imagine Dangerfield, Selwood, Ablett and Duncan in the midfield? We will be better with him.

You want him to fail, don't you?

I didn't hear any of you complain about getting Dangerfield "at any price", even though he isn't an 18-year-old. If Ablett was 24 instead of 34, would you want him then?

I hope Gary Ablett proves each and every one of you people wrong.
This is incredibly childish posting. Like a eight year old who just wants to see his favourite player back regardless of what it costs and regardless of his age. Its almost like you dont understand the difference between the numbers 24 and 34.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back