Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose motlop or menzel but bring in an FA then we lose the compo pick for them. So i can't see us bringing in an FA unless its an A grade gun who is worth losing compo for.
That is making the assumption that the compo is going to be A grade as well...

He played ten games this season coming off an ACL as a 23 year old emerging player. A bit of perspective.
You said "Played 10 games" there you go you've written him off as well for 2017 that's my point he is too good a player to be written off this year by Scott and now you. Not required so let him go and get something back. Win win

Don't think Lang will amount to a good footballer. At best all I can see is a Matt de Boer, Nick Suban and David Mackay type player.

What's he worth on the market? Pick 35?
Pick 35 is optimistic.

You said "Played 10 games" there you go you've written him off as well for 2017 that's my point he is too good a player to be written off this year by Scott and now you. Not required so let him go and get something back. Win win
Thurlow was playing VFL this year - lots in the MF - to get him into another position in the game.
He was really slow out of the blocks after the ACL, and then this year who exactly was he going to displace in the back 6?
2E, Hendo, Kolo ( who was OOC and likely to look elsewhere if not given games to develop - which he has done well) Bews, Mackie?

I dont see a certain spot for him this year, but now that Mackie and Domsy are out, I can certainly see him getting a shit load more next year.

Go Catters

Don't think Lang will amount to a good footballer. At best all I can see is a Matt de Boer, Nick Suban and David Mackay type player.

What's he worth on the market? Pick 35?

Lang,
He's a fringe player, one of Wells' big mistakes, he hasn't improved in many years with more opportunities than the most get (being a first rounder) so no excuses.
Don't like saying it, but it's true, he has his odd day every year to keep the hopefuls hanging, but overall delivers very little.
I believe he's a waste of time on the list, l'd rather we give someone else a go.
A pick 35 would be great for him.
Blows me away Jeremy McGovern was a rookie pick 44.
I like Thurlow he has been bog in the two's finding space for him is the issue l think.

Lang,
He's a fringe player, one of Wells' big mistakes, he hasn't improved in many years with more opportunities than the most get (being a first rounder) so no excuses.
Don't like saying it, but it's true, he has his odd day every year to keep the hopefuls hanging, but overall delivers very little.
I believe he's a waste of time on the list, l'd rather we give someone else a go.
A pick 35 would be great for him.
Blows me away Jeremy McGovern was a rookie pick 44.
I like Thurlow he has been bog in the two's finding space for him is the issue l think.
Thurls would be Best 22 right now if not for injury and would be on around 50 matches rather than the 29 or so he's played.

Oh dear. He did not write him off at all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thurls would be Best 22 right now if not for injury and would be on around 50 matches rather than the 29 or so he's played.

Thurlow's cool for mine l can see the possibilities there last game 25 possessions and bog for most who were there.
Could play wing and backup Stewart and Touhey HBF, has both pace, size and quality disposal.
Think he's got a fair bit to offer.
As for Lang, you don't hold onto a prior 1st rounder as backup or fringe, you trade while he's worth something.
Seen enough in his 43 games.

Look Lang has been a disappointment so far for us
Selected in the first round it is clear that Wells had made a mistake
But Lang's best position is the middle
Last season Lang put together a good string of form when he was given time in the middle. This season he has been hampered by injuries
I'd give Lang one more year, he's on relatively low $$$

Look Lang has been a disappointment so far for us
Selected in the first round it is clear that Wells had made a mistake
But Lang's best position is the middle
Last season Lang put together a good string of form when he was given time in the middle. This season he has been hampered by injuries
I'd give Lang one more year, he's on relatively low $$$

Sorry to disagree D to D but with Smith, Ablett coming and Parfitt needing more midfield time as some suggest who could he displace?
It won't be SS, Sammy, Dunc or Guth will it.
He hasn't got the possessions to even look a possibility and that's at VFL level let's not forget.
On the other hand Thurlow is topping the stats and his versitility puts him way ahead of Lang imo. Others would rather even Jones over Lang sadly.

Sorry to disagree D to D but with Smith, Ablett coming and Parfitt needing more midfield time as some suggest who could he displace?
It won't be SS, Sammy, Dunc or Guth will it.
He hasn't got the possessions to even look a possibility and that's at VFL level let's not forget.
On the other hand Thurlow is topping the stats and his versitility puts him way ahead of Lang imo. Others would rather even Jones over Lang sadly.

You still need reasonable depth to cover injuries. Lang, whilst not as yet living up to potential, is a decent player, who if given a clear run himself from injury, could be one to finally blossom I think. Not all players hit the ground running in their first few years.

You still need reasonable depth to cover injuries. Lang, whilst not as yet living up to potential, is a decent player, who if given a clear run himself from injury, could be one to finally blossom I think. Not all players hit the ground running in their first few years.

With Gregson and McCarthy unavailable atm and others coming, seriously if he can't get a game now what hope then?
He is wasted depth with all those ahead, not to mention younger players wanting to play small forward and midfield roles.

This is probably going too far but I would've been more confident in keeping Billie Smedts for the Tuohy trade and handing over Darcy Lang.

Especially considering Carlton need mids and we need defensive forwards.

With Gregson and McCarthy unavailable atm and others coming, seriously if he can't get a game now what hope then?
He is wasted depth with all those ahead, not to mention younger players wanting to play small forward and midfield roles.

I wouldn't necessarily have him ahead of Gregson (who by the way is no guarantee to come back without complication). McCarthy is another that is always injured so I wouldn't be relying on him either.

If you cut him, by definition, you are assuming that the last person you draft is going to be better than him? A pick in the 60's at best. I'm not sure that will be the case here. If we were talking Cowan then that's different.

I'm very confident that Lang will come good. He's only 21, played less than 50 games. He came from a long way back with that broken leg pre Geelong, and hasn't had an overly injury free run at the club. I think the judgement on him has been bit premature. His tackling efforts were exceptional this year and he knows where the goals are. There is a small forward role for the taking, and i firmly believe he has the ability to take it. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet. If murdoch can turn it around anybody can turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back