Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think he got suspended for cocaine use by Sydney. I wouldn't take him for that reason.
I know 3 Geelong premiership stars that wouldn't have played had Geelong been worried about cocaine use.

I know theres been a lot of speculation in the media about this but I wanted you guys view. What do you see as a fair trade for Stringer, should he nominate Geelong as his preffered home? I personally want to keep him but I would take a 2018 1st round pick should you guys be able to sort one out for us. Is that fair in your opinion?

There is some merit in some of that (I don't have time to respond to all of it now) but any suggestion of trading Hawkins is silly. Because of his age and his history of back injuries clubs will not trade what you want for him and to replace him with another key forward (which we would have to do as our key forward stocks are painfully thin) would cost 2 1/2 times as much and for that it would still be a key forward who is unproven or inferior to Hawkins. There is a reason why clubs don't trade A grade KPF's unless they are forced to because there is a short supply of them across the league and they always cost overs in trades. I would be focusing on getting our midfielders to kick the ball into the forward line properly and get our forwards to structure their leads properly to create separation way before I ever considered trading Hawkins.

latest

I know theres been a lot of speculation in the media about this but I wanted you guys view. What do you see as a fair trade for Stringer, should he nominate Geelong as his preffered home? I personally want to keep him but I would take a 2018 1st round pick should you guys be able to sort one out for us. Is that fair in your opinion?

This is how all the other Stringer convo's have gone:

Cats board: Our highest pick to offer is 20, along with a fringe player like Stanley, otherwise we won't offer higher than that.

Dogs board: Stringer is clearly worth a top 10 pick, so you're gonna have to get one for us otherwise he's not going to be at the Cats next year.

Cats board: You literally have pushed him out + he clearly has issues he'd be bringing with him, so that's why his value is lowered, and if he nominates us you have to deal with us and the best we can offer you is Pick 20 + a fringe player, otherwise just Pick 20.

Dogs board: He's still contracted to us so if you don't offer enough he'll simply play at the Dogs next year.

Cats board: He definitely won't play at the Dogs next year even though he's contracted because you guys are the ones pushing him out, he's not happy with you guys for this of course, and if he nominates Geelong he will be at Geelong next year.

Dogs board: F*ck you.

Cats board: F*ck you.

That's how it always goes :p

Cats board: Our highest pick to offer is 20, along with a fringe player like Stanley, otherwise we won't offer higher than that.

Dogs board: Stringer is clearly worth a top 10 pick, so you're gonna have to get one for us otherwise he's not going to be at the Cats next year.

Cats board: You literally have pushed him out + he clearly has issues he'd be bringing with him, so that's why his value is lowered, and if he nominates us you have to deal with us and the best we can offer you is Pick 20 + a fringe player, otherwise just Pick 20.

Dogs board: He's still contracted to us so if you don't offer enough he'll simply play at the Dogs next year.

Cats board: He definitely won't play at the Dogs next year even though he's contracted because you guys are the ones pushing him out, he's not happy with you guys for this of course, and if he nominates Geelong he will be at Geelong next year.

Quality Daniel.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha fair call mate, I'll see myself out because I dont want to fill your board with all that garbage

Reckon the club would look at Michael Talia as a KPD given a bit of a shortage?

Just got delisted, I actually rated him at the dogs obviously fell out of favour due to attitude.

Thoughts on Schofield at the Eagles? Ex Geelong lad and being pushed to the fringe by MacKenzie and Barrass. Emergency for both finals. Not a bad Lonergren replacement as has played ok on Buddy types before.

Third rounder, Geelong's 51, but would prefer a pick in the early 40's but you don't have one of those.

Thoughts on Schofield at the Eagles? Ex Geelong lad and being pushed to the fringe by MacKenzie and Barrass. Emergency for both finals. Not a bad Lonergren replacement as has played ok on Buddy types before.

Third rounder, Geelong's 51, but would prefer a pick in the early 40's but you don't have one of those.

No.

Not even as a delisted free agent

Fair enough, as I said only if you got those two, I thought it might be hard for him to cement a position.
He's our first picked. Likely captain next year and probable Brownlow Medalist. It wouldn't surprise me if next year he became the All-Australian captain, the coaches association player of the year and the MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back