Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He kicked the eighth most goals out of 800 or so AFL players in 2017. Eighth.

With 3 more goals he would have been 5th.

Also 15th in the league for contested marks, 7th in the league for marks inside 50, 7th in the league for tackles inside 50.

He kicked 5 or more goals twice and only 3 in the finals. It's not good enough. You can support mediocrity but I refuse to.

He's kicked only 6 goals in his last 5 finals.

And despite his size and stature he's only managed 5 or more goals 13 times in his 211 games. Pretty underwhelming given his frame. Compare that to other key forwards and I bet it pales in comparison

You seem to put a lot of effort into your posts so the continual basic factual errors are bewildering. You're like an alien who is almost totally unfamiliar with the sport trying to simulate intelligent comments.

*shakes head*

Thats a disasterous deal for us. Actually that is insanely bad.
It would be, but it doesn’t make any sense. Why would anyone trade for Motlop, who’s a free agent? If we were willing to match the deal being offered to him, he’d probably stay. So if he leaves, it’s for a better deal, and therefore it’s as a free agent.

Judging by Motlop’s Instagram story he is definitely gone.

For those who can’t check it out, it’s a pic of Mots, Hawk and Linc with a heart emoji.

Thoughts on Schofield at the Eagles? Ex Geelong lad and being pushed to the fringe by MacKenzie and Barrass. Emergency for both finals. Not a bad Lonergren replacement as has played ok on Buddy types before.

Third rounder, Geelong's 51, but would prefer a pick in the early 40's but you don't have one of those.

I wouldn't imagine so, the club always seems to go cold on Schofield when it reaches discussion. Seeing he is fringe you're probably around the money there with pick 51. To be honest though with all our trade targets I think he'd be least concern.

I heard Lang and our 3rd for GAJ and one of their 2nds.

At least GAJ and a pick of use to us holds currency and is bet hedge IMO.

Go Catters

If we walk away with that, that's a fairly good deal. I'd be very surprised if it eventuates though.

Is GC shouldering the burden of GAJs massive salary?

He kicked 5 or more goals twice and only 3 in the finals. It's not good enough. You can support mediocrity but I refuse to.

He's kicked only 6 goals in his last 5 finals.

And despite his size and stature he's only managed 5 or more goals 13 times in his 211 games. Pretty underwhelming given his frame. Compare that to other key forwards and I bet it pales in comparison

*shakes head*

Hawkins is overrated in my opinion, his game style is something the modern game can't accomodate for.

If they changed the rules and awarded him free kicks where there is one it would be a completely different story. Brings me to tears when I see what defenders are allowed to do to him. He's owed the most free kicks out of any player ever (that's a real stat). I feel for the guy, but the modern game isn't for pillar forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope... not a chance in hell...

Unless you are bringing the mother load of high picks so far unseen by AFL trading periods.

SO in other words, no.

And im not meaning to be smart, but Chris Scott has a firmness in the strides for him like nothing ever seen before and on that alone, the price would be SO high.

GO Catters
His 9 possessions per game are gold! I believe he has talent but it is unproven at best so far. Never seen a player so over rated v actual output over 30 odd games.

You realise he did not come directly from the Hawks..
Yeah, he went to Myrtleford there for a year didn't he, but I thought the Hawks discarded him - although I might be wrong there? That's why I was saying it feels a bit like the Ablett Snr story, and I guess they have the similar body shape (rolled forward shoulders) and style of play.

Last edited:
I heard Lang and our 3rd for GAJ and one of their 2nds.

At least GAJ and a pick of use to us holds currency and is bet hedge IMO.

Go Catters

I would take that and run. Lang wants out and is a crap player anyway. Still angry we wasted a high pick on him

No cockatoo and parfitt are our two most elite talent youngsters (zac guthrie will be very good also) so are off limits. Both re-signed this year anyway.

If we trade guys to clear cap space for stringer/smith/ablett it will be 22-25 year olds that haven't fully come on as players like thurlow/murdoch/horlin-smith/lang and maybe stanley.
Black has to be on the trade list if he was overlooked behind Stanley

Judging by Motlop’s Instagram story he is definitely gone.

For those who can’t check it out, it’s a pic of Mots, Hawk and Linc with a heart emoji.

I wouldn't say this photo says he's gone at all.
You can tell Hawk and Motlop have a big bromance by how you see them during and after games, always picking on each other on Geelong social media inside the club.
To me it just looks like he's having a good time with some good mates

IMG_7136.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back