Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING TO ALL VISITORS TO THE GEELONG BOARD. You are - for the most part - welcome to discuss the current list management & trading situation at Geelong. However, this is our board, so be respectful of the home board posters & don't inflame arguments (make your points succinctly and move on). And if you're just here to troll, then don't bother or you will be enjoying a holiday

By all reports next year is gonna be much less compromised draft with bids, plus its Melbournes pick not lions. So could be mid 40s which still isn’t that good but better than it being the lions.
The compromised drafts even out at the stage of the draft but your point about it being Melbourne’s 3rd pick is very valid. At least it will be in the 40’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fogerty to Carl so we can get Higgins.

Yuck. Fogs and Cocky gone. First time I’ve ever thought players will come back to bite us. Constable and Narkle sure as well won’t.

Wow, disappointed with that Fogarty deal.

He wanted to play more regular footy so I think that been a fair play by both the club and player.

The other way to look at it - pick 30 will most likely be used for Higgins. With Ablett out - Higgins was always the priority given his smarts and elite kicking skills. Fogarty hasn't worked - for him or the club. Are we a better side (best 22) next year with Higgins or Fogarty?

Pretty easy answer I think. It's Money Ball - Higgins plays a key role that Fogarty can't.

He wanted to play more regular footy so I think that been a fair play by both the club and player.

The other way to look at it - pick 30 will most likely be used for Higgins. With Ablett out - Higgins was always the priority given his smarts and elite kicking skills. Fogarty hasn't worked - for him or the club. Are we a better side (best 22) next year with Higgins or Fogarty?

Pretty easy answer I think. It's Money Ball - Higgins plays a key role that Fogarty can't.

Poor deal. Its biased for success toward Fogarty imo. We have not even got Higgins in yet ..lets see what that cost us. ... This is the consequence of bringing in mature players. Higgins must now play 40 games in our side for its to break even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back