Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo will just walk away if our demands are too much, will get him in 12 months time for next to nothing, this dream land that we have them over a barrel is hilarious though.
If the coaches are holding the same line on him that they did this year then just get as best you can and move on.

If they think they're going to play him then keep him. We're not going to get commensurate value based on his talent or where we drafted him and I'd rather keep him around for the 12 months and see him play.

Who knows maybe he increases his value. He would only be OOC at that point like Tim Kelly was and you can still get something out of it.

TLDR I would just prefer to keep him around. Pick 27 isn't nothing, but it's not worth turfing imo

I don’t think so. He had one season in the AA squad of 40 - it’s a good season, but nothing special. He’s a good long kick and wins his fair share of the footy, but isn’t hugely clean with the footy and can be a little bit peripheral at times.

what does West Coast have to do with anything?

Style of footy played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ffs. Let’s bring another ageing guy that can’t get on the park….

He would be a free agent and in a position where we lack depth. Im not sure why people are blowing up about it.

Jordan Dawson is being talked about as a first/second rd. He's 24 and finished 3rd in BandF. So tell me how a 30 year old Menegola is anymore than a 3rd?
I was not trolling at all. I would say the same about equivalent Freo players.

Menegola if he hadnt re signed and left as FA this year woud have got us far more than a R3 as a compo pick though. But it matters not as hes not leaving.

If he comes in and Kreuger walks to Collingwood as a result it would be a bad outcome

I dont see the two things aa linked at all. Talia would be purely depth as Jenkins was.

If he comes in and Kreuger walks to Collingwood as a result it would be a bad outcome
Kreuger has played 2 games, one against a side without a forward line and the second made him look like he belonged in the GFL, really not that fussed if we lose him, get the games into SDK, 2 years younger, actually played the position as a junior and is overall just a far better talent.

I dont see the two things aa linked at all. Talia would be purely depth as Jenkins was.
If that's the case I'm 100% all for it:

"Sam, Sonia this is Dan your mentor. He's in the 2s unless you're injured or have something identified that you need to work on"

Is a different conversation to "we're parachuting this guy into the seniors ahead of you"

We playing him as a wing in the vfl too?

The VFL matches I watched where Clark played, he was more often than not starting in the guts at centre bounces alongside Constable, and then it would be Fort & say Okunbor, Brownless or other such mid

It got interesting in our VFL match against Footscray, when they started to get on top on the second half that we went with only one of Constable or Clark and at times neither of time

Kreuger has played 2 games, one against a side without a forward line and the second made him look like he belonged in the GFL, really not that fussed if we lose him, get the games into SDK, 2 years younger, actually played the position as a junior and is overall just a far better talent.
I like both to be honest. I'm not going to judge Kreuger too much on the last game. He had a few scratch matches last year but only 4 total games this year through injury isn't a lot of continuity.

SDK I obviously like but a bit more bulk required or KPFs are just going to rag doll him in the seniors. 2023 I direct SDK to get a more regular spot

I think it's a slight mistake to think of picking up a delisted player as something that has no cost.

Some of the most expensive real estate we have is list places. Because we've routinely brought in 1-3 top up players - and more than that in at least one year - we have not been able to 'trawl' the draftees by taking in those, and perhaps once every two to three years getting a long term player from that cohort.

yes, you save in development costs (time and money) with a Talia or a Higgins or a Jenkins, but you also lose that energy and enthusiasm that the draftees, particularly when there is a group of them, seem to bring. And perhaps most importantly, it sends a signal to a de Koning or a Kreuger that they are not going to be trusted.

If Geelong didn't have such a strong reputation for good management, the footy press would be asking some serious questions about why it is that four younger players are being shopped when we have a badly aging list and will need an influx of at least 30 players over the next four years. What's gone wrong in building the will and capacity to play at AFL level?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menegola if he hadnt re signed and left as FA this year woud have got us far more than a R3 as a compo pick though. But it matters not as hes not leaving.

Would we have got anything for him since he would have been leaving as a delisted free agent?

As players keep their DFA status, is there actually compensation picks for those who leave via that method?

The VFL matches I watched where Clark played, he was more often than not starting in the guts at centre bounces alongside Constable, and then it would be Fort & say Okunbor, Brownless or other such mid

It got interesting in our VFL match against Footscray, when they started to get on top on the second half that we went with only one of Constable or Clark and at times neither of time
Yeah Clark thrown around a bit.

Was more referring to us having lots of KP players coming through already and unlike West coast, not having a wing position in the seniors open to him.

I like both to be honest. I'm not going to judge Kreuger too much on the last game. He had a few scratch matches last year but only 4 total games this year through injury isn't a lot of continuity.

SDK I obviously like but a bit more bulk required or KPFs are just going to rag doll him in the seniors. 2023 I direct SDK to get a more regular spot
Too Skinny to give games bullsh-t hell the King brothers were sticks first year but there clubs still got games into them...Same as SDK needs games next year not he is to skinny so don't play him

I think it's a slight mistake to think of picking up a delisted player as something that has no cost.

Some of the most expensive real estate we have is list places. Because we've routinely brought in 1-3 top up players - and more than that in at least one year - we have not been able to 'trawl' the draftees by taking in those, and perhaps once every two to three years getting a long term player from that cohort.

yes, you save in development costs (time and money) with a Talia or a Higgins or a Jenkins, but you also lose that energy and enthusiasm that the draftees, particularly when there is a group of them, seem to bring. And perhaps most importantly, it sends a signal to a de Koning or a Kreuger that they are not going to be trusted.

If Geelong didn't have such a strong reputation for good management, the footy press would be asking some serious questions about why it is that four younger players are being shopped when we have a badly aging list and will need an influx of at least 30 players over the next four years. What's gone wrong in building the will and capacity to play at AFL level?
It's the kids of today they want everything now not in 2 or 3 years

27 (which will be into the 30s on draft night) won’t be enough to get a contracted Clark. Think you need to readjust your expectations
Never said they were my expectations - if I had to make a prediction I would say Geel will ask for first, Freo will offer 3rd and it will land at second.
We'll know soon enough.

It depends on whether the clubs motivation is to try and go for a flag again in 2022.

If yes, they justify bringing in top up players.

If no, they don't justify it.

We all talk about how we need a ruckman but every year we are never linked to any ruckman or even talking about any of them, so i don't think Scott rates ruckman

What are you talking about - we're linked to rucks every year and if we haven't landed a big fish ruck then maybe it's the list management team that don't rate them or see the value in trading for one

Ahead of the mid-season draft we were linked to Sandilands, and until he re-signed with Freo we were linked to Darcy

Over recent years we've also been seriously linked to Goldstein with a 3/4 year deal put to him a couple of years back

Would we have got anything for him since he would have been leaving as a delisted free agent?

As players keep their DFA status, is there actually compensation picks for those who leave via that method?

They are UFA for life not DFA (even Chol was UFA for this reason) so you get a compo pick. If you offer them a contract as we did with Sam they are not DFA.

We all talk about how we need a ruckman but every year we are never linked to any ruckman or even talking about any of them, so i don't think Scott rates ruckman

I'm not so sure about that. We did offer a 32-year-old Goldstein a 4-year deal. That's pretty desperate. He had actually agreed to come before his family situation a 5 kids complicated the move.

It all depends on who is out there and who is available. I would guess that we look at the available options and then ask ourselves whether a ruck stuck in the VFL at another club is actually any better than Stanley??

It's so hard to get a good established ruck from another club IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back