Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will truly be rooting against Essendon next season.

It'll just be hella funny if they don't fire a shot and miss the 8 after bringing in McKay, Goldy & Gresham.

They are topping up like they have lost a prelim by 1 point for the last two years.

Putting the icing on the cake... Only issue is they don't have an actual cake to ice (well that's what I'm hoping).

Just for a good old fashioned lol... I hope they have a shocker.
I reckon they're trying to do right by Parish & Merrett, like we did with Danger & Joel at their peak.

There's probably a handshake agreement that they'll do everything they can to contend which got those two to sign long term.

The only problem is...Merrett & Parish aren't those difference makers. They're not going to be the two best players in any premiership team. It's closer what Norf did with the likes of Cunnington & Zieball if anything.

Essendon will just be what they always are, mediocre. 5-12th for a couple of years, and then realise it hasn't worked and go back to the draft. It's becoming a real cycle for them.

I will truly be rooting against Essendon next season.

It'll just be hella funny if they don't fire a shot and miss the 8 after bringing in McKay, Goldy & Gresham.

They are topping up like they have lost a prelim by 1 point for the last two years.

Putting the icing on the cake... Only issue is they don't have an actual cake to ice (well that's what I'm hoping).

Just for a good old fashioned lol... I hope they have a shocker.
I am sure your partner will be happy.
But in all seriousness, it would be amusing to see them finish around 10th. I am not sure the three they've bought in make them massive movers up the ladder. It's not like they were close and needed a kick to get them over the hump.

Dees are going to need a wingman
they sold one to swans and Hunter will be given the khyber at the first opportunity

EPSN have bumped Lance Collard up to #20 in their power rankings post-combine. I wouldn't be surprised to see him going closer to pick 10 than pick 20 come draft night. Absolute freak. ESPN write-up below.

20. Lance Collard (unranked)
Subiaco/Western Australia
FWD, 185cm, 70kg
WAFL Colts: 11 games, 11.5 disposals, 2.9 goals

A livewire forward that elevated his game in the finals with 10 goals from two games, Collard's athletic profile was a headline from the draft combine. The smooth-mover posted a 2.92 second 20m sprint, won the agility test and impressed in the 2km time trial as well with a 6:32. Collard moves like Shai Bolton, an impossible-to-tackle goal-sneak that could explode in a professional environment. Ill-discipline and inconsistency has kept him out of the top 30, but not any longer.

Cornesy thinks we are becoming the new Essendon and being difficult to trade with. Not wanting 24 for Sav being part of that theory for him. Good we want more but might bite us in the bum down the track also…. Cats in their right to do so, he goes on to say…. Fair enough!
00VicWard001 made a great post on this.

Wellsy's a ripping bloke, and he tried for years on end to make deals that made us seem like great traders, with the goal of getting some goodwill at some point down the line.

Unfortunately, much like the real business world, it doesn't really work that way. They might buy you a beer and go "So and so is a great fella"....but they're not going to help you out down the line. Dickheads will still be dickheads.

Seems like Mackie's changed that approach over the last couple years, and couldn't care less about what other clubs think of him. It's only about what helps Geelong, as it should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EPSN have bumped Lance Collard up to #20 in their power rankings post-combine. I wouldn't be surprised to see him going closer to pick 10 than pick 20 come draft night. Absolute freak. ESPN write-up below.

If he weren’t such a flight risk I’d be keen. But we don’t have a pick in that range anyway

TWO YEARS, Jesus the dude will drag his body onto the oval to keep playing. We badly need young KPF in that time so they will be ready when he hangs it up, wonder if we can entice Cadman to come back?
Would imagine he only plays 17/18 games this year, and we get some games into Neale. But Neale also has to earn game time as well can't be in the habit of just gifting players matches.

Would imagine he only plays 17/18 games this year, and we get some games into Neale. But Neale also has to earn game time as well can't be in the habit of just gifting players matches.
Neale's regularly kicking goals in the VFL when he's fit. It's not a Sav scenario where he's doing bugger all at either level and we're still picking him.

The kid could put some our senior players to shame with how hard he works. If he's getting game time, he'll have earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back