Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for coming across rude, that wasn't my intention.

Picks 25 & 31 are worth picks 25 & 31. And in this year's draft that's not worth much at all. Mackie's asked for a first-round pick, which may seem like overs, but not all drafts are equal and there are some fairly ordinary players being talked about as top 20 picks this year. Anything after pick 20 is a hail Mary.

I may have my Geelong-coloured goggles on, but I agree with Mackie.
Gotcha. So in reality they're still kind of throwing spare change from the back of the couch at us, given this year's shallow draft pool.

I'm also on Team Mackie for this one. I still have a feeling we'll fold for something every neutral considers "reasonable" but it certainly doesn't hurt to see what's possible.

Neale's regularly kicking goals in the VFL when he's fit. It's not a Sav scenario where he's doing bugger all at either level and we're still picking him.

The kid could put some our senior players to shame with how hard he works. If he's getting game time, he'll have earned it.
Lets put things into perspective. Shannon is listed on the Club's website as a Ruck. He will not make it as any more than a back up ruck. He is a forward or nothing..

AFL - 5 games - 1 goal

VFL

2021 - 5 games 6 goals 3 behinds
2022 - 15 games 33 goals 17 behinds
2023 - 8 games 17 goals 11 behinds

I think he has potential, but he has not shown enough to punt our future on. He had an injury interrupted season this year with an ankle injury. He also had an ankle injury that put him out for most of the year in his junior year the year he was drafted. I think he is at a stage in his development that he should be taking VFL games apart. Let's see how he goes next year if he gets an injury free run.

It would be great if someone could get him to say something either good or bad in relation to his future

Like - yes i could entertain returning to Geel - the club my grandfather won a Brownlow Medal at in the early 60s

Or no - im very happy in SA playing with my mates at Port Ade - and we have got unfinished business etc

I posted before a straight swap - Lord for Esava is a great deal for the Cats

Esava towards the latter half of the season just gone when JH and SDK were back in the side - Esava got squeezed out for a few weeks - so he is hardly a walk up start - best 22 at Geel
Sav is certainly in the best 22, as evidenced in the B&F. He was only squeezed out briefly because of delayed form after his injury, and returned to the team to stay. Some argue it was injury to others that got him back in; not so. CS has said all year Sav is in our best team.
If Port loses Lord, their forward line will suffer.
With Sav in next year, they should contend deeper than 23.

Lets put things into perspective. Shannon is listed on the Club's website as a Ruck. He will not make it as any more than a back up ruck. He is a forward or nothing..

AFL - 5 games - 1 goal

VFL

I think he has potential, but he has not shown enough to punt our future on. He had an injury interrupted season this year with an ankle injury. He also had an ankle injury that put him out for most of the year in his junior year the year he was drafted. I think he is at a stage in his development that he should be taking VFL games apart. Let's see how he goes next year if he gets an injury free run.
If you've seen our VFL team play you'd know he's doing well to even get those numbers.

Partly due to our injury list last year, but we didn't have a lot of quality running through there. Would hate to be a forward in that side.

I don't see how Mackie hasn't been just as clear as Wells previously had. He's said from the start he wanted a first-round pick for Esava. He's also said he'd trade out pick 8 if we got an offer lopsided in our favour.

Yeah but what is Mackie saying about Lord !!! - and the possible roping in of Esava into those discussions/possibilities - ive got no idea whatsoever what Geelongs position is

Hopefully a chance he'll play for us one day:

View attachment 1830187

Just to add to this.

Harley mentioned on Trade Radio that he also had a 30 mins discussion with Danger in the last few weeks as he preps for an AFL career and to ask questions.

So hopefully Danger gets in his ear at some point about coming home lol.

Just to add to this.

Harley mentioned on Trade Radio that he also had a 30 mins discussion with Danger in the last few weeks as he preps for an AFL career and to ask questions.

So hopefully Danger gets in his ear at some point about coming home lol.
I'm confident that Geelong will have laid a lot of groundwork should there ever be an opportunity to get him to the club.

Danger also laid a lot of groundwork for the Bruhn and Bowes deals which have turned out well.

Where has us all of a sudden getting 31 on top of 25 come from?

Port looking to get an extra pick from Essendon as part of the Duursma deal, which they would on trade to us. Reported by the Herald Sun this afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just did the math and I just hate the way the points bidding system works.

Now I think FS bids get 25% discount on the bid (might be 20% can/t fully remember).

Anyway the Dogs can match a bid for Croft that comes at #10 with #40, #48, #53, #69, #72.

A Top 10 pick for a bunch of absolute junk/nothing picks?

Did they make a rule that you could only bid with picks that you had list spots for or am I thinking of something else?
Not that I know how many list spots are open are the kennel either way.

A 10 Top pick for those junk selections is pure gold and good luck to teams that can get it... I'm jealous as.

Reckon when push comes to shove that the Kangas will relent and trade for pick 1, giving up 2 and 3. They need a generational talent.

A scenario such as this might play out -

1. North - Reid
2. GC - Walter (bid)
3. WC - Curtin
4. WC - McKercher
5. Hawks - Duursma
6. Dogs - Watson
7. Melb - Caddy
8. GWS - O'Sullivan
9. Geel - Sanders
Melbourne will want to bolster their Key Forward stocks.
Dogs might go Sanders if they have plans to offload Smith. Eg corner the market with mids, and offload one at a premium next year.

Word this morning on the Hawks board is that Bailey Smith wants out and talks are escalating between the two clubs to get a deal done.
Tbh, I know he's a bit of a headcase atm, but he is just young. I think he has way more upside than Sanders. But I would take Sanders also. Heck, I'd even take George Stevens as he will compliment some fast outside types like Holmes and if we can add another pacey outside mid.
Have said for a while that Dees will take Caddy or O'Sullivan, as another inside mid does them no favours - they're already playing Petracca forward. GWS is the same, with Cogs and Kelly being kicked out at stages. Definitely still a possibility, but I think GWS are very keen on O'Sullivan (judging by their board), and Dees are into Caddy - as he's the perfect pairing for JVR and Fritsch. Jefferson won't make it, IMO.
I can see Sanders sliding to us, depends if Dogs go Watson and Dawks go Duursma.
EPSN have bumped Lance Collard up to #20 in their power rankings post-combine. I wouldn't be surprised to see him going closer to pick 10 than pick 20 come draft night. Absolute freak. ESPN write-up below.
Is he indigenous? I like those fast slippery goal sneak indigenous boys, every list needs one/some. Stengle is great tbh, but can have another one of those types.

Is he indigenous? I like those fast slippery goal sneak indigenous boys, every list needs one/some. Stengle is great tbh, but can have another one of those types.

Yes, Lance Collard is indigenous. I listened to a podcast with him today, he seems like a good kid. He mentioned he's very close with another Subiaco kid Malakai Champion. I looked him up, he's eligible in 2024 draft and also looks very good.

AFL - 5 games - 1 goal

VFL

Hasn't he played ruck in 4 of those 5? And of those I think 3 as sub?

I mean don't bet the world on him but he's a shot

So just for context the BF supporter bases are absolutely outraged that the guy being offered 5 years at 650k is worth what will now be pick 30 on draft night.

Tom Fullerton was traded for a pick that will come into be pick 40 on the night. He’s on the last chance saloon. Haw have knocked back what will be pick 39 on the night for Brockman and Sydney got what will be probably pick 37 for Dylan Stephens after most of the picks in the 30s and 40s disappear.

Not sure why Mackie is holding 🙄

So just for context the BF supporter based are absolutely outraged that the guy being offered 5 years at 650k is worth what will now be pick 30 on draft night.

Tom Fullerton was traded for a pick that will come into be pick 40 on the night. He’s on the last chance saloon. Haw have knocked back what will be pick 39 on the night for Brockman and Sydney got what will be probably pick 37 for Dylan Stephens after most of the picks in the 30s and 40s disappear.

Not sure why Mackie is holding 🙄
But #25 is fair lol.

Port looking to get an extra pick from Essendon as part of the Duursma deal, which they would on trade to us. Reported by the Herald Sun this afternoon.
The funniest part about all this is Port have to go through Dodoro AND Mackie in their last respective trade periods.

Poor blokes are going to be traumatised by the end of it.

Ok just lets assume we do get 25 + 31 for Sav.

Is 8 + 25 enough to enough to get 6 off the Dees?
Is 8 + 25 enough to get 7 off GWS?

I'll guess that if Sanders is avail at 7 and is our target and GWS doesn't want him then it would be... because GWS will still get the available player they prefer.

Heck 8 + 31 would be enough if GWS want somebody else... but It's weird because if they were willing to make the trade then we would know that they wouldn't want him and then we wouldn't need to make the trade.

Most of the time these list managers do seem to know almost exactly who is going where anyway.

Ahhh the mind games.

Gresham & Doedee end of first round compo picks.

I'll guess that Sav's contract offer from Port is more ($$$ + years) than what those above players are getting from Bris/Dons.

I have no issue thinking we are well within our rights pushing for more than #25 for Sav.

#25 could push out past #30 in this poop draft... Hard pass for mine... Port need to find more.

They havent got a lot more unless they add a future r2 or 3 which is probably what we are trying to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back