Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the minority who thinks we should take 25 (or 6,7,8,9, 30) for Esava. It would not be an edifying sight to see our club walk a well liked player to the draft.

There are always hidden gems in the draft and our list managers should back themselves to find one.

It starting to piss me off that the media continue to say it's pick 25. When all the concessions are factored in it's pick 30

Added to that pissing me off, Ratugolea refusing to take medical checks at Norf and the Dawks. Clearly, we have been talking to those clubs about a deal that is more to our liking.

A "Pissed Off" M

Semantics, but it will actually end up being pick 29.

That article proves you wrong. There'll be five academy selections before pick 25 (Walter, Read, Rogers, Croft & McCabe), which will push pick 25 back to pick 30. And then, as your article states, Gold Coast's pick 24 will be swallowed up by their Walter, Read and Rogers bid matching and pick 30 will come back to pick 29.

That article proves you wrong. There'll be five academy selections before pick 25 (Walter, Read, Rogers, Croft & McCabe), which will push pick 25 back to pick 30. And then, as your article states, Gold Coast's pick 24 will be swallowed up by their Walter, Read and Rogers bid matching and pick 30 will come back to pick 29.
i may be wrong but GC can still trade 25 on draft night to later picks as once draft night starts the requirement to have the same amount of open list spots as draft picks is removed. Meaning GC could trade 24 to Essendon for 31 and 52 for example.

Shadow's team is very yesterday. If that lot plays round 1 we're living in the past. Surely Bruhn starts and 2 or 3 other younger blokes get a gig. Moreover we'll probably find that several players are not ready for Rd. 1 - more likely to be older chaps.

The oldest Premiership combo is not getting getting any younger. In fact as Jack Dyer famously said they're "older than they've ever been before."
Well this team is certainly younger than the one that lead us to an 80 point grand final victory in 2022.

FB: J.Henry De Koning Stewart

HB: Z.Guthrie Kolodjashnij O'Connor

C: Bowes Dangerfield Holmes

HF: Miers Cameron Close

FF: Stengle Hawkins O.Henry

FOL: Stanley C.Guthrie Bruhn

IC: Atkins Blicavs Duncan Dempsey Mullin(sub)

Veterans bolded. One on the full back, half back, centre, half forward and full forward lines, then one in the ruck and rover positions. A couple on the bench who can play multiple roles.

Rohan when available likely takes Dempsey's spot but this projected team also favors managing him and accounting for his several niggles each years. You can also plug him in and send Dempsey to the wing when Duncan is out for instance.

Clark would be sharing the load with Bruhn, or ready to go whenever Dangerfield, Blicavs, Guthrie etc need a break (ideally just one at a time though). Knevitt and Parfitt are there if need be.

Bews and Tuohy on standby as experienced veterans who can help. If Kolo's form remains poor, then J.Henry to CHB and one of these two in. But I'm not in favour of trying to squeeze two or three of this lot in at the same time unless injuries force it.

Conway and Neale for when we're managing our talls.

I honestly don't think it's a bad mix at all, unless we have an exact replica of the 2023 injury disaster.

Good get if indeed they do it with Pick 33.
A Real BIG w***er but a great way to improve a bottom 4 side quickly with quality fringe players
He's average. After he stopped receiving those ducking frees he couldn't get a kick and was subsequently dropped. No loss for Collingwood.

King has joined cats coaching staff
I asked his uncle again Saturday and he said he'll find out. Looks like there is no need.
Indeed.

I'm in the minority who thinks we should take 25 (or 6,7,8,9, 30) for Esava. It would not be an edifying sight to see our club walk a well liked player to the draft.

There are always hidden gems in the draft and our list managers should back themselves to find one.

Prefer a little more but if 25 is it then I’m not cutting off my nose to spite my face by letting him go for nothing.

Even if the pick rolls out to 29 it will be better than if we are obstinate. Could still get Hastie with that pick.

i may be wrong but GC can still trade 25 on draft night to later picks as once draft night starts the requirement to have the same amount of open list spots as draft picks is removed. Meaning GC could trade 24 to Essendon for 31 and 52 for example.

Yes, they can. If bids come for Walters at pick 2, Read and pick 6 and Rogers at pick 10, Gold Coast will need 4,530 points to match (after the 20% discount). They currently only have 3,948 points though there aren't many club's that currently have the draft capital this year to do a trade that will make it work.

Yes, they can. If bids come for Walters at pick 2, Read and pick 6 and Rogers at pick 10, Gold Coast will need 4,530 points to match (after the 20% discount). They currently only have 3,948 points though there aren't many club's that currently have the draft capital this year to do a trade that will make it work

Probably banking on 22 from Blues for Hollands to top them up
22 would also be good if we ended up with 25

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, they can. If bids come for Walters at pick 2, Read and pick 6 and Rogers at pick 10, Gold Coast will need 4,530 points to match (after the 20% discount). They currently only have 3,948 points though there aren't many club's that currently have the draft capital this year to do a trade that will make it work.

I think they have like 3 fr1 picks if im right...

He's average. After he stopped receiving those ducking frees he couldn't get a kick and was subsequently dropped. No loss for Collingwood.
Better than anything pick 33 could offer them in the 2024-25 seasons.
An average AFL player he might be... all teams have them even we took a few into a winning premiership team JC13.

Is trading 8 for 2 of GC Future 1sts an option do it on draft night so that they might be able to get another gun before the last acadmy selection

What i mean is wait for GWS to Select there player then trade Pick 8 so it doesn't get eaten up by a Bid

So they can use points for Walter and Reid use pick 8 then use points for any future bid.

Trade SavRat to Port for 25 - Take George Stevens and then take 3x 1st Round picks into 2024 draft

I doubt any club is spending $3mil just to spite another club. In the very, very unlikely scenario that Esava goes to the draft and North take him, it would purely be because they have the cap space and think he'd significantly improve their side.
With McKay leaving North have a serious need for a big tall key defender with Prescence.

I’m all for posts and comments from other people but you will find Zero Hanger is by far the worst attempt of journalism you will find.
I get sucked in reading their articles just to become dumber by the end
I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure most of their articles are just articles from other news sources and then put through a vocabulary switcher (like QuillBot) to get away with copyright.

It's why there's so many spelling errors and words that just don't make sense consistently in their articles.

Plus, any 'source' that refers to our head coach as 'Brad Scott' on at least 3 seperate occasions isn't to be taken seriously.

Huh?

Who's getting lumped with a big contract - for whom & how?

We have cap space. Offer him $700K for 7 years. If the kid wants to stay at Port they’ll be lumped with a big contract whilst trying to retain the rest of their talented young list.

If we entice him to leave then so be it. Offer the same as what we will receive for Sav.

An average AFL player he might be... all teams have them even we took a few into a winning premiership team JC13.
I'm not sure about that.

Apparently turned up fat as a house at day 1 of pre-season last year, hence why he was out of the side immediately post a 40 goal year and leapfrogged by Hill.

Then there's the known off-field troubles, and admittedly this is all rumour, but not very well liked by his teammates or 'Fly, who seems to get along with everyone.

It's a young group at the Hawks, so he's not going to a senior environment who can help iron out those kinks with a good culture and clear set of standards.

There are certain players who are worth the trouble, and he's not one of them IMO.

Grigg who?

OUT: Grigg
IN: Rahilly and S. King

That is a serious assistant coach haul in one off-season

:hearteyes:
Not sure what is going on with Egan. Dogs were chasing him pretty hard. I really liked Kingy as a player but he spent a lot of time in the Dogs program after after he finished playing which I do not rate.

None as incompetent as him, nor at the standard the league is now. The fact Brisbabe got close is testament to how low the fruit is hanging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back