Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith is already in a Cats jumper.

Next …………
Sources are impeccable on this one. And yes, it was before the trip away.

Doesn't mean we join the dots and say that leads to a Geelong jumper but what it tells me is it's more likely than him landing at Collingwood or Hawthorn given the travel component for training.
...Which one is it?

Tough to get a gig when Hawk/Jez have been in AA form since he was drafted. It would be good to get a better look at him in the back half of the season though.

Regardless of how he goes though we’d still need a 2nd KPF with Jez in his 30’s.

but why does he have 10 games to his name?
BC he's been held out of the team ( as he should) by a 796 goal and 600 goal forward.

Now with Tomma out we'll get to see what 7 games in a row is like which wont even double his games total but at least he'll get a regualr go at it.

GO Catters

Of course, I know this and It's not his fault.

But that still doesn't mean it's not concerning for us, his lack of game time at his age.

He's been on the list 4 years and we still won't know for a while if he'll make it or not. And he most likely won't hit his straps for another 2-3 years at least, assuming he plays every game from now till then.

Of course, I know this and It's not his fault.

But that still doesn't mean it's not concerning for us, his lack of game time at his age.

He's been on the list 4 years and we still won't know for a while if he'll make it or not. And he most likely won't hit his straps for another 2-3 years at least, assuming he plays every game from now till then.
Meh, he'll get a year and half at it.

To be honest, win lose or draw with him playing forward we have higher priorities and kicking the can 18 months down the road is a win in itself

They look like they up against it atm. Willis has been unlucky with injury but no has a lot of comp for a chance. Foster looks a little lacking in mobility. I hope both succeed , like every kid we draft but the facts are a lot come and go. Just the way it is.
Foster hasn’t found any alliances at the club. The older players are insular and stand offish with young players. You can see why the young players haven’t had a look in. Foster will return to SANFL. He’s been played out of position for 2 seasons. Waste of talent. He’s gone. Shannon Neale is the golden boy. Even though he has barely kicked a bag ever.

Foster hasn’t found any alliances at the club. The older players are insular and stand offish with young players. You can see why the young players haven’t had a look in. Foster will return to SANFL. He’s been played out of position for 2 seasons. Waste of talent. He’s gone. Shannon Neale is the golden boy. Even though he has barely kicked a bag ever.

And what position should Foster be played in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we're in Caleb Daniel's ear. Dropped again this week, surely looking at his options. No good as a small forward but that's fine for us.

Don't know if this is the right thread, but seeing a lot of attention around Logan McDonald.

Like Shannon, Logan's in his 4th year. Has played 58 games to Shannon's 10. And has kicked 21 goals in 14 games, compared to Shannon's 9 goals in 5 games.

Am I missing something here? I know you can't say 'ooh, so Shannon would've kicked more goals if he'd played 14 games" but the numbers on (albeit limited) evidence don't really show Logan to be doing much more than Shannon. But the media (latest example: see Barrett's Sliding Doors today) have McDonald "tracking excellently".

The biggest difference I can see is that one's playing in a team that's humming - and has been for the past 3 years (which he's played 51 of his 58 games). The other has played 8 of his 10 senior games in a team that's struggled with consistency and has a "work in progress" midfield.

Sure, Heeney and co. might be stealing goals from McDonald whereas our forwards don't have that "problem". But McDonald's also getting way better delivery. Meanwhile, we're cursing Neale if he drops 1-2 marks because our forward entries are so bad that we have to maximise them to have any chance.

Look, I get that Shannon's not yet close to a Hawkins replacement but I'm kind of sick of people telling him to go back to the VFL while a player who's tracking not that far ahead (even with 6 times the number of games) is getting plaudits from all and sundry just because he wears red and white.

Zac Guthrie also inspected a property in Newtown and pulled the pin on buying it at the last second because his mum said the loungeroom was too small.

100% true story.

I heard Zac Guthrie just stands still in one spot and they build houses around him as he's sooo huge.

Don't know if this is the right thread, but seeing a lot of attention around Logan McDonald.

Like Shannon, Logan's in his 4th year. Has played 58 games to Shannon's 10. And has kicked 21 goals in 14 games, compared to Shannon's 9 goals in 5 games.

Am I missing something here? I know you can't say 'ooh, so Shannon would've kicked more goals if he'd played 14 games" but the numbers on (albeit limited) evidence don't really show Logan to be doing much more than Shannon. But the media (latest example: see Barrett's Sliding Doors today) have McDonald "tracking excellently".

The biggest difference I can see is that one's playing in a team that's humming - and has been for the past 3 years (which he's played 51 of his 58 games). The other has played 8 of his 10 senior games in a team that's struggled with consistency and has a "work in progress" midfield.

Sure, Heeney and co. might be stealing goals from McDonald whereas our forwards don't have that "problem". But McDonald's also getting way better delivery. Meanwhile, we're cursing Neale if he drops 1-2 marks because our forward entries are so bad that we have to maximise them to have any chance.

Look, I get that Shannon's not yet close to a Hawkins replacement but I'm kind of sick of people telling him to go back to the VFL while a player who's tracking not that far ahead (even with 6 times the number of games) is getting plaudits from all and sundry just because he wears red and white.
I think the issue is most key forwards don't do a heap in their first 3-4 years, regardless of whether they end up being delisted a couple of years later or go on to be stars. Tom Hawkins, Jack Riewoldt, Josh Kennedy all averaged 1-1.5 goals a game in their first 3 years. But then so did Shane Kersten or even other high draft picks like Jon Patton or Tom Boyd.

I'd rather have McDonald than Neale. But I also think you can't use limited stats form so early on to prove that either are or aren't going to make it.

Bailey Smith has done a private property inspection on a place in Bellbrae he's looking to purchase. Confirmed today.
While I think he’ll be a cat by the end of the trade period, it’s a bit hard to have an inspection on a house in Bellbrae while in Greece!

Hope we're in Caleb Daniel's ear. Dropped again this week, surely looking at his options. No good as a small forward but that's fine for us.
Depending on his age would be good off half back taking Duncans spot when he retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back