Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll drive Neale to Avalon airport myself if it meant Waterman was coming to Geelong
And you would have scoffed at the idea of even contemplating Waterman 12 weeks ago.

Massive, massive overreaction off a very small formline from both players.

Give it time, on the 1% chance it happened, it's a 2025 proposition anyway.

Next year I'd be chasing Darcy Fogarty... RFA as well. Was a Geelong supporter in his day as well

Last edited:
All good news although I kinda feel the bolded be like below....

Kinda the same as im pretty deep into Kate Beckinsale and she's gonna be at work here tomorrow.. and ive been deep into her since her draft year too...Damn keen since her first movie and still pretty handy now.

So I may not have many positing opportunities after I get fired for chatting with the talent.... LOL

Got no chance but still interested lol

GO Catters
This seriously trumps anything else in this thread and needs more discussion

EDIT - is she good on both sides of her body....to kinda keep it on topic.

Can we just back in Neale.

Waterman is 1000 x better.

But waterman is simply using us as leverage to get a better contract and isnt leaving perth so its irrelevant.

Waterman is 1000 x better.

But waterman is simply using us as leverage to get a better contract and isnt leaving perth so its irrelevant.
You know if you compare them at the same age Neale is a full goal a game better. Rest of their stats are fairly comparable up until this year where he went from a goal a game to nearly 3.

Shannon's 2028 may not break out like Waterman's 2024, but he's not worse to this point in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only played for Glenelg when he moved to Adelaide for footy. Born in Portland Vic, grew up in Lucindale 2 hrs from Dartmoor.

Get the boy a farm

Have to say it's ****ing funny to hear Lucindale described as 2hrs from Dartmoor. There are lots of bigger towns than Dartmoor between them. My family lived near (10k out of town) Lucindale and even when we moved still visited family alot. It's in the middle of absolutely no where. Tiny little agricultural community with a pub a couple of schools and sports clubs that's about it. He's a local hero in that part of the world though. Much like John Mossop was for my generation in a different nearby town ;-)

Waterman's point of difference is years in the gym. You don't pay for that, it doesn't last.
Makes you wonder how some are going to handle the continuation of more and more youth in the side.

There's no patience here, and turfing Neale for Waterman is a classic example.

Good player, yes...but many who are excited by him wouldn't have known who he was 3 months ago, or at best wouldn't have been interested.

He's been in the system for 8 years. If only we afforded that sort of leniency to our own instead of turning on them so quickly.

Waterman's point of difference is years in the gym. You don't pay for that, it doesn't last.

Watermans point of difference (over neale) is he has football IQ. And that can be worth paying for depending on the contract. Shannon doesnt yet have it though it might develop.

As i said though waterman isnt coming anyway.

Have to say it's ****ing funny to hear Lucindale described as 2hrs from Dartmoor. My family lived near (10k out of town) Lucindale and even when we moved still visited family alot. It's in the middle of absolutely no where. Tiny little agricultural community with a pub a couple of schools and sports clubs that's about it. He's a local hero in that part of the world though. Much like John Mossop was for my generation in a different nearby town ;-)
Yeah I just note Dartmoor specifically as the kpf he'd get a baton pass from is from there

Watermans point of difference (over neale) is he has football IQ. And that can be worth paying for depending on the contract. Shannon doesnt yet have it though it might develop.

Where was watermans IQ last year?

It's incredible that his footy IQ abandoned him for 7 years and then magically returned.

Truly a footy miracle.

I meant objectively, cause he isn't a high IQ footballer, he is a mark kick undersized KPF pushes players out of the way. When you are short for the position a lot of other things need to go right. His build keeps him close to goal. Which in a team like WCE pads your numbers but keeps your team shit.

Hawkins was a high IQ footballer KPF, created space I50 for himself when he was physically incapable of getting separation on the lead. Created space for others by reading the play which is why he got so many assists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back