Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Waterman is 1000 x better.

But waterman is simply using us as leverage to get a better contract and isnt leaving perth so its irrelevant.
Ridiculous comparison when one is 26 with 100 games and the other has played less than 10.

Ridiculous comparison when one is 26 with 100 games and the other has played less than 10.

Im not criticising neale waterman should be better given the age gap. It was just an observational statement.

Im not criticising neale waterman should be better given the age gap. It was just an observational statement.
No need to be apologetic PO. The 1000 number was an overreach, but we are talking about our current needs.

Neale has been at the club for several years and has yet to show he can dominate games in the twos, a comp widely considered to be far inferior to the AFL.

He has attributes and he has time on his side but to date, he hasn't shown much more than glimpses. Maybe some have his highlights package on rotation.

Hopefully, he'll be a player who can consistently influence games but the evidence so far is more in hope than what he's shown on the park.

Iā€™m still on the Cadman train if we are looking for a future key forward, Neale as the holdover to team with Jez.

Jezza has been a mentor for Cadman and hung out with him in the offseason, itā€™s only a matter of time before the pull to come back and play for the Cats is there to play with his mentor.

I imagine Jez was in his ear a lot and letting him hold the Premiership medal would have been awesome too.

For anyone who saw the Bevo interview on Talking Footy - tell me that's not a coach waving the white flag on his player going.

Sounds like Smith is gone and it's just a matter of where he lands. Geelong still seem to be the destination from all reports floating around.
Aren't you the one reporting it?

Iā€™m still on the Cadman train if we are looking for a future key forward, Neale as the holdover to team with Jez.

Jezza has been a mentor for Cadman and hung out with him in the offseason, itā€™s only a matter of time before the pull to come back and play for the Cats is there to play with his mentor.

I imagine Jez was in his ear a lot and letting him hold the Premiership medal would have been awesome too.

depend on the personality, i can see cameron just being a lay back guy not really fuss about actviely recruting for the club like dangerfield, who got in the ear of daulhous, jenkins, bowes, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

depend on the personality, i can see cameron just being a lay back guy not really fuss about actviely recruting for the club like dangerfield, who got in the ear of daulhous, jenkins, bowes, etc
100%. I doubt Jezza says the word "football" outside of matches and training judging by his personality on social media etc. he has said a few times he doesn't even watch that many games at all during the year.

1720064974633.png

Geelong superstar Jeremy Cameron will play on beyond the end of his contract next season and has no end point in mind for his career just yet.
The Coleman medallist signed a bumper five-year deal when he crossed to the Cats at the end of 2020, with that contract to expire next season.

While he hasnā€™t begun any serious chats with the club about a new deal, Geelong would unsurprisingly be happy to extend his time in the hoops when Cameron is ready.

FYI on Geelong's current contract situation

Geelong's List Moves​

PLAYERS SIGNED UP BY GEELONG SINCE DECEMBER
  • Tom Stewart - until end of 2027
  • Jhye Clark - 2026
  • Oisin Mullin - 2025
  • Zach Guthrie - 2025
  • Mark Oā€™Connor - 2026
  • Max Holmes - 2028
  • Tanner Bruhn - 2027
  • Tyson Stengle - 2029
CATS REMAINING OUT OF CONTRACT
  • Rhys Stanley - Unrestricted Free Agent (UFA)
  • Zach Tuohy - UFA
  • Brandan Parfitt - UFA
  • Jake Kolodjashnij - UFA
  • Phoenix Foster
  • James Willis
  • Mitch Duncan - UFA
  • Gary Rohan
  • Jed Bews - UFA
  • Tom Hawkins - UFA
  • Oscar Murdoch
  • Patrick Dangerfield - Restricted Free Agent (RFA)
  • Jack Henry - UFA
  • Ted Clohesy
  • Mitch Hardie
  • Emerson Jeka - UFA
STATUS OF OTHER CATS OVER 30
  • Jeremy Cameron - contracted until 2025
  • Cam Guthrie - 2025
  • Mark Blicavs - 2025
  • Tom Stewart - 2027

FYI on Geelong's current contract situation

Geelong's List Moves​

PLAYERS SIGNED UP BY GEELONG SINCE DECEMBER
  • Tom Stewart - until end of 2027
  • Jhye Clark - 2026
  • Oisin Mullin - 2025
  • Zach Guthrie - 2025
  • Mark Oā€™Connor - 2026
  • Max Holmes - 2028
  • Tanner Bruhn - 2027
  • Tyson Stengle - 2029
CATS REMAINING OUT OF CONTRACT
  • Rhys Stanley - Unrestricted Free Agent (UFA)
  • Zach Tuohy - UFA
  • Brandan Parfitt - UFA
  • Jake Kolodjashnij - UFA
  • Phoenix Foster
  • James Willis
  • Mitch Duncan - UFA
  • Gary Rohan
  • Jed Bews - UFA
  • Tom Hawkins - UFA
  • Oscar Murdoch
  • Patrick Dangerfield - Restricted Free Agent (RFA)
  • Jack Henry - UFA
  • Ted Clohesy
  • Mitch Hardie
  • Emerson Jeka - UFA
STATUS OF OTHER CATS OVER 30
  • Jeremy Cameron - contracted until 2025
  • Cam Guthrie - 2025
  • Mark Blicavs - 2025
  • Tom Stewart - 2027

Here's the full picture:

1720070302409.png

Attachments

• 89e6400de9dfe3b5014ce4c73c5f25e82d77d14e.jpg
    89e6400de9dfe3b5014ce4c73c5f25e82d77d14e.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 69

Cheap shots as usual.

I never said Iā€™d spoken to Bailey Smith so clearly my comments are based on speaking to people who are closer to it than I am (or most of us probably are). Hence my comments.

Whatā€™s so hard about that to work out. If youā€™ve got nothing positive to add maybe have a spell for a while. As Iā€™ve said previously - itā€™s a forum. Think about why people come on and comment or provide thoughts.

Or are you suggesting people only post when something is on the front page of the newspaper?

Just a weird attitude. Youā€™re either young and immature - or youā€™re old enough to know better and have a touch of the ā€œJoe Bidenā€™sā€

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back