Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is SDK continues his good form and develops similar to his brother?
I think then we will be in a real pickle

By the looks of it we will continue to see SDK ruck for the rest of the year and I’m here for it
Yeah it's early days, but it's about the only time I have been disappointed not to have Jordan Clark over Conway.

Cal Twomey saying on Gettable that the more clubs he speaks to, the more they think Geelong is now leading the Smith race.

This is a change from recent weeks, where he's just mentioned it's between Cats and Hawks with no one leading. It's now us leading over Hawthorn.

Long term I don't like the idea of SDK playing a second ruck chop out role.

Either have him as our #1 (if he really takes off as a ruck in this time)... and then that renders Conway a waste, or have him full-time as a key defender.
Or Blitz 2.0

It's not that simple of course, but having flexibility amongst our talls especially if COS, Edwards, or Conway really come on and dominate can only be a good thing.

Blitz does not have long left. We are going to want to replace him in the aggregate (to use moneyball terminology). SDK playing through the ruck will be part of that, and he is proving more than useful as a midfielder once the ball hits the ground (like Blitz has). This list turnover that we're going through now is exciting and interesting precisely because we have no idea how we're going to be going about it in 2 years.

This team will obviously never take the field but it's exciting to think that a team like this one could be taking the field in 2026.

FB: Kolo COS Henry
HB: Humpy Guthrie Holmes
C: Dempsey Stewart Knevitt
HF: Close Cameron Miers
FF: Henry Neale Stengle
R: Conway Smith Bruhn
B: SDK Clark Mannagh Atkins

A lot to like about that team.

And the only reason (a part from smith going somewhere else, or injury) it wouldn't take the field is because other players have come in and pushed someone out. Very exciting time to be a geelong supporter, even if we're about to lose many long time favourites over the next 2 years.

Hawk, Duncan, Touhy, Rohan, (probably Cuthrie), Blitz.

I suspect we'll still be running teams off their feet, and hopefully bullying them a little more with more big bodies at the contest.

Too old and cooked. Id take tomlinson before him but i dont really want either.
I do agree we need another kpd on the cheap.
I wouldnt be against borlase (he looks ok and adelaides development is terrible).
Id consider marchbank if he passed a medical (big IF though).
As much as he has brain fades howard would be ok IF st kilda let him go cheap (which i doubt).
Id be kicking the tyres on harry edwards IF he was willing to leave WA (which he probably isnt).
Noah Bolta will be RFA next year
would be worth asking the question

Because a) harley will sell a massive amount of memberships and put bums on seats for the next 2 years for them (i know wce are a really wealthy club but the marketing relevance matters

B) the way hes projecting he wont be worth less in 2 years he will be worth more than he is now.

C) no incoming coach at the start of a rebuild is going to get rid of his most talented player at this age. Who knows in 12 months he might be more keen to stay.

I do buy the idea that he will be at a vic club in 2027 but theres no chance WCE trade him now imo.
How will the west coast fan base knowing Harley Reid wants out do anything besides create panic anxiety and unrest amongst the fan base?? It won’t sell anything if there is an awareness of it.

Or Blitz 2.0

It's not that simple of course, but having flexibility amongst our talls especially if COS, Edwards, or Conway really come on and dominate can only be a good thing.

Blitz does not have long left. We are going to want to replace him in the aggregate (to use moneyball terminology). SDK playing through the ruck will be part of that, and he is proving more than useful as a midfielder once the ball hits the ground (like Blitz has). This list turnover that we're going through now is exciting and interesting precisely because we have no idea how we're going to be going about it in 2 years.

This team will obviously never take the field but it's exciting to think that a team like this one could be taking the field in 2026.

FB: Kolo COS Henry
HB: Humpy Guthrie Holmes
C: Dempsey Stewart Knevitt
HF: Close Cameron Miers
FF: Henry Neale Stengle
R: Conway Smith Bruhn
B: SDK Clark Mannagh Atkins

A lot to like about that team.

And the only reason (a part from smith going somewhere else, or injury) it wouldn't take the field is because other players have come in and pushed someone out. Very exciting time to be a geelong supporter, even if we're about to lose many long time favourites over the next 2 years.

Hawk, Duncan, Touhy, Rohan, (probably Cuthrie), Blitz.

I suspect we'll still be running teams off their feet, and hopefully bullying them a little more with more big bodies at the contest.
We may well end up having 3 200cm midfielders.. the game is tracking that way anyway.

Conways got to stay fit for 5 minutes before hes getting picked over anyone, I'd be surprised if all our eggs are in his basket at this point tbh...

In real trouble if we enter next year expecting him to be the main man after pretty much back to back foot injuries.
What did I miss re Conway and foot injury?

Big men and foot injury doesn't sound good...

By the looks of it we will continue to see SDK ruck for the rest of the year and I’m here for it
If he does a Dawson Simpson V Saints in like 2013 I will lose my shit... effen ruck

GO Catters

Last edited:
Conways got to stay fit for 5 minutes before hes getting picked over anyone, I'd be surprised if all our eggs are in his basket at this point tbh...

In real trouble if we enter next year expecting him to be the main man after pretty much back to back foot injuries.
He has a bit of brad ottens about him Conway.. he may well have the availability of ottens also moving forward.

I doubt he leaves while maric and his other cousin are there but yes worth asking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People forget his year in 2022.. he was a real reason why we won the flag, and the success we had.. he was one of the best key defenders that year..

I think the reason we drafted Edward’s was we’re worried about Conways body
People forget his year in 2022.. he was a real reason why we won the flag, and the success we had.. he was one of the best key defenders that year..
We don’t forget but we have also seen to trust Kolo and Henry and let’s be honest
There isn’t many key forwards out there that require a SDK size backman and if there is
They’re pretty easy to defend, king brothers

I think the reason we drafted Edward’s was we’re worried about Conways body

We don’t forget but we have also seen to trust Kolo and Henry and let’s be honest
There isn’t many key forwards out there that require a SDK size backman and if there is
They’re pretty easy to defend, king brothers
First time in a while I disagree with you on this Calder 😶‍🌫️

Long term I don't like the idea of SDK playing a second ruck chop out role.

Either have him as our #1 (if he really takes off as a ruck in this time)... and then that renders Conway a waste, or have him full-time as a key defender.
the ideal situation is that Conway becomes a very good #1 ruck, which would allow SDK take over the blitz “do everything” role.

I fear that we will never see the best of Conway - at this point in his career he has shown no ability to stay healthy.

Thus we need SDK to be at least passable as a #1 ruck, at the moment he is showing promise that he could be more than passable.

I reckon the most likely scenario is that Conway’s body doesn’t stay sound, and SDK becomes our main ruck by default.

And that is completely ignoring Edwards……

If SDK develops like his brother it would be great, but that doesn’t make Conway redundant.

Pittonet is plenty valuable at Carlton, even with TDK showing great form

I would get behind that.

Balta makes some absolutely daft errors at times, but he is seriously athletic. He has some ability.

Plus this board will need a new whipping boy when Thuoy retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back