Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We writing off another first year player are we? 🙄

Please, tell the the current player on our list who played well in year one?

Not what I said at all. Read it again mate. My point was that justifying not drafting Caddy coz of OH is flawed.

There are plenty of first year players who have played well. Are you kidding?

Disagree.

There’s room in a future forwardline with neale Henry and caddy. Very dynamic and dangerous.

We hope COS shows something (as caddy has) and there is time but trying to justify the selection coz of OH is flawed

I dont think so ollie h and nate are too similar in what role they play (and neither can relief ruck so neale will be preferred as he can plus cameron and the 4 smalls should be locks now).
Im comfortable with not taking caddy. It would have been a very marginal upgrade on our strongest line when we are screaming out for kpds and a blitz replacement.

The real debate to me is whether we should have taken cos or we should have traded the pick to wce instead (as they wanted caddy). But thats hard to assess without knowing what picks were involved (and whether we would have still got mannagh etc).

Not what I said at all. Read it again mate. My point was that justifying not drafting Caddy coz of OH is flawed.

There are plenty of first year players who have played well. Are you kidding?
‘We hope COS shows something’ he’s played AFL as a tall in his first year, I’d say he’s shown ‘something’…mate.

How about enjoy who we have and appreciate what Wells and co keep on delivering and not wish we always had the other kid. Serious, some on this board (not you) still carry on about not drafting Brodie Grundy FFS.

Disagree.

There’s room in a future forwardline with neale Henry and caddy. Very dynamic and dangerous.

We hope COS shows something (as caddy has) and there is time but trying to justify the selection coz of OH is flawed
Future is the key part there. It'll take a long time I get Caddy to play as a genuine kpf not a 3rd tall.

Just so rare to come in with zero expectations and play the way he did
I was genuinely surprised, maybe shocked, of the WCE academy stuff. Saw that little vid someone posted last night, didn’t know and ya gotta wonder what clicked with him (apart from age/maturity).

I was genuinely surprised, maybe shocked, of the WCE academy stuff. Saw that little vid someone posted last night, didn’t know and ya gotta wonder what clicked with him (apart from age/maturity).
You can see he was already quite a mature kid, you can tell he has been coached a long time starting with his dad too. He strikes me as a future leader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can see he was already quite a mature kid, you can tell he has been coached a long time starting with his dad too. He strikes me as a future leader
Appears to be genuinely loving being out there playing you can hazard a guess that’s rubbing off the other players too with the way they speak about him

Im ok with adding one as a rookie or SSP providing they are mature age and ready.

Interesting idea-henry is such a good finisher that moving him is a big call but i can see how it might work. Wing in our system requires a lot of running-i dont know if he has a good tank like dempsey?

I get that but you cant count on him as hes not durable.
Next year is probably the last year we have danger so we need to make the most of it.
I wouldnt overspend on the ruck but id bring in a cheap mature ruck who can go now-one of these bryan/reidy/pittonet types or a mature age state leaguer.
You cant have blitz at 34 and sdk as the only real options next year it would be nuts (im assuming we will want neale as a kpf not a first ruck)
The gfc and Scott have made one thing very clear… geelong don’t give a stuff about hitouts. Any ruck they go for will be judged on his output outside of hitouts. Which is why we go for athleticism in Stanley and blicavs and also went after TDK.

If you can find a ruck who fits the criteria they will bite. They clearly are not going to go for a journeyman tap ruckman.

We writing off another first year player are we? 🙄

Please, tell the the current player on our list who played well in year one?
I for one lately have voiced my opinion on we will regret not taking caddy.
But I am not writing O’Sullivan off and I think he will have a good career, I just think Caddy could be elite and be a mixture of Charlie Curnow and Jack Riewoltd

But I am not writing O’Sullivan off and I think he will have a good career, I just think Caddy could be elite and be a mixture of Charlie Curnow and Jack Riewoltd
Easy to look good in a team like Ess

Easy to look good in a team like Ess
And that’s fine, but you need to understand a comment like I’d prefer Caddy over O’Sullivan isn’t writing them off.
It’s just a personal opinion.
I wish we could have both

I hope I’m wrong and Caddy is a spud, I just see talent with him

And that’s fine, but you need to understand a comment like I’d prefer Caddy over O’Sullivan isn’t writing them off.
It’s just a personal opinion.
I wish we could have both

I hope I’m wrong and Caddy is a spud, I just see talent with him
Long term COS is a much better fit and could potentially allow the side to continue developing SDK in the Ruck which is more of a need with a retiring Stanley and Blitz over the next few years …we have plenty of forwards and not much depth with defenders and Rucks

COS easily

Correction on this, pretty sure young Lawson was the pick 94 and George Stevens was the pick 76

Correct

Some are picking up on the second tweet also "pick #76 LMFAO" and replying with comments about Humphries, but they've got the wrong player - I'm happy to make fun of Cornes, but at least have a basic understanding of which pick was used where...

I don’t think anyone in our list mgmt/scouting doubted Caddy as a talent. But there were other aspects of picking him that were relevant. Like getting a 2nd round pick for moving back 1 spot. The gap between COS and Curtin being negligible. And his Uncle, who he is close to, didn’t have the best exit from our club.
COS had a ripping year last year and separated himself as one of the best KPP in the class. I thought it was a really good decision at the time, and nothing since has clouded that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back