Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Ruck depth is a big issue. But new year, maybe big Joe makes it a Furphy!

For this week I'd bring in Jeka to keep SDK in the Ruck.

I don’t think anyone in our list mgmt/scouting doubted Caddy as a talent. But there were other aspects of picking him that were relevant. Like getting a 2nd round pick for moving back 1 spot. The gap between COS and Curtin being negligible. And his Uncle, who he is close to, didn’t have the best exit from our club.
COS had a ripping year last year and separated himself as one of the best KPP in the class. I thought it was a really good decision at the time, and nothing since has clouded that opinion.
To be honest the one reason I wasn’t keen at the time drafting Caddy was due to personality, I wasn’t a fan of Josh at all

The gfc and Scott have made one thing very clear… geelong don’t give a stuff about hitouts. Any ruck they go for will be judged on his output outside of hitouts. Which is why we go for athleticism in Stanley and blicavs and also went after TDK.

If you can find a ruck who fits the criteria they will bite. They clearly are not going to go for a journeyman tap ruckman.

I agree.
But theres a few athletic type of fringe rucks that are available so we should trade in one of those.

yup.. as i posted the other day.

IWWT

GO Catters

Its misleading though bc the last pick in the draft was about 65 so even if we hadnt got those picks from port the afl would have given us say picks 66 and 67 to fill our list and we would have got humphries there anyway.

Like who??

Off the top of my head (and i havent checked contract status)
Bryan
Ladhams
Visentini
Ramsden

(Reidy will be available but is less athletic)

Would be the 4 that id ideally look at.

If youre looking for someone young and rawer verrall okeefe and heath are good options to consider.
Theres definitely better options on other lists than what we have and most will be relatively cheap. We could go down the state league mature age route but i do prefer someone thats already in system.

Anyone just watch the U18 Vic Country v Metro game. Lots of talented kids. Some really good talls. Lots of talent

The mids impressed me more than the talls.
The reality is we are probably trading our r1 pick for smith so most of the top prospects we cant get.
But smith travaglia langford and smillie i liked plus ivisic.
Whitlock and armstrong also showed a fair bit

Off the top of my head (and i havent checked contract status)
Bryan
Ladhams
Visentini
Ramsden

(Reidy will be available but is less athletic)

Would be the 4 that id ideally look at.

If youre looking for someone young and rawer verrall okeefe and heath are good options to consider.
Theres definitely better options on other lists than what we have and most will be relatively cheap. We could go down the state league mature age route but i do prefer someone thats already in system.
Pointless going for a young and raw ruckman.

We've already got two of the better prospects in the league in that category in Conway & Edwards, it doesn't help us having 3 who have all got the same trajectory and don't fix things right now.

Only one in that category I'd look at is Ramsden, because he's shown the ability to be an able forward too and could be backup for Neale...but we don't need anymore young ruckman.

If we're bothering to do it at all, Ladhams & Reidy are the only ones who make sense.

Hold the fort down for a couple of years in an emergency before the young guys do it themselves.

To be honest the one reason I wasn’t keen at the time drafting Caddy was due to personality, I wasn’t a fan of Josh at all
Really? Mate I’ve got some cousins of questionable character and other cousins that are first class citizens! Can’t base your likes and dislikes based on that criteria……..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its misleading though bc the last pick in the draft was about 65 so even if we hadnt got those picks from port the afl would have given us say picks 66 and 67 to fill our list and we would have got humphries there anyway.
I am more than happy to mislead people with talking points that are technically correct

I am more than happy to mislead people with talking points that are technically correct

Haha fair enough im just saying we would have got humphries either way.

Pointless going for a young and raw ruckman.

We've already got two of the better prospects in the league in that category in Conway & Edwards, it doesn't help us having 3 who have all got the same trajectory and don't fix things right now.

Only one in that category I'd look at is Ramsden, because he's shown the ability to be an able forward too and could be backup for Neale...but we don't need anymore young ruckman.

If we're bothering to do it at all, Ladhams & Reidy are the only ones who make sense.

Hold the fort down for a couple of years in an emergency before the young guys do it themselves.
Don't forget Furphy who is older and who I think could come on quickle given a good pr season and clear run with injuries

Really? Mate I’ve got some cousins of questionable character and other cousins that are first class citizens! Can’t base your likes and dislikes based on that criteria……..
When you put it that way I have to agree.
Your being kind calling them questionable. I have some who are complete f wits and some who are legends

I wonder if we could get Pittonet (Carlton), Nick Bryan (Essendon) or Peter Ladham (Sydney). It'd be really nice to replace Stanley with someone acting as a solid backup right now.

Ollie Henry is a forward.. not a wingman. Ollie Henry will be a bloody good player for us, just back him in, and in 2 or 3 years time when his in his prime people will see why we traded him in for
People should see it now.

When you put it that way I have to agree.
Your being kind calling them questionable. I have some who are complete f wits and some who are legends
I was being kind to some of my family members! 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back