Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the top of my head (and i havent checked contract status)
Bryan
Ladhams
Visentini
Ramsden

(Reidy will be available but is less athletic)

Would be the 4 that id ideally look at.

If youre looking for someone young and rawer verrall okeefe and heath are good options to consider.
Theres definitely better options on other lists than what we have and most will be relatively cheap. We could go down the state league mature age route but i do prefer someone thats already in system.
So explain to me what benefit there is to playing a ruckman who isn’t AFL standard and adds nothing to our side over giving games to Mitch edwards or Conway if fit and available?? Or just continuing with SDK

So explain to me what benefit there is to playing a ruckman who isn’t AFL standard and adds nothing to our side over giving games to Mitch edwards or Conway if fit and available?? Or just continuing with SDK
There are plenty of players who couldn't get games at the original club and are no 1 rucks at there new club.

Meek- Hawthorn l/Fremantle
Witts- Gold Coast/ Collingwood
Cameron- Collingwood/ Sydney
Nankervis- Sydney/Richmond
Grundy- Melbourne/ Sydney
Sweet- Western Bulldogs/Port Adelaide ( currently he is )

Conway fit and available would play ahead of any ruckman next year. He piteously won't be all the time.

Edwards needs a lot of gym time before he steps up

Conway fit and available would play ahead of any ruckman next year. He piteously won't be all the time.

Edwards needs a lot of gym time before he steps up
I agree on Conway, he will be our no 1 ruck next year 100%. But we all know his body is an unknown, and we need insurance for a backup in case he can't get up

Because the counterpoint to managing your list so badly that edwards has to play afl before he is ready is josh fraser.

I wonder if we could get Pittonet (Carlton), Nick Bryan (Essendon) or Peter Ladham (Sydney). It'd be really nice to replace Stanley with someone acting as a solid backup right now.

On a quick check bryan and ladhams have a year to go on their deals. But sydney will be happy to offload ladhams for cap space. Bryan i think will try and force his way out if you could get rosa to deal more reasomably than dodo. Pittonet has 3 years to run-i think carlton wouldnt mind keeping him as backup but they also know weitering and tdk will get massive offers next year-depending on the $ pitto is on they might be happy to free up the cap for that reason.

Whatever we do trade current picks for smith and dont risk trading our future 1st
I lol thinking that pies probably traded a top 10 pick for schultz and port may have traded a top 10 pick for esava and bzt of all people.

Whatever we do trade current picks for smith and dont risk trading our future 1st
I lol thinking that pies probably traded a top 10 pick for schultz and port may have traded a top 10 pick for esava and bzt of all people.
Pure
What's your thoughts of Max Heath from St Kilda? Was a former pick 7 in 2021 and has not yet played a AFL game.
Is a ruck , but can go forward too

So a ruckman who isn’t up to the standard is superior?? Edwards will be ready for a handful of games. Between him SDK and Conway they will be fine to manage

First of all you wouldnt bring in a traded ruck unless you thought he was up to standard.
And half the good 1st rucks at most clubs were backup rucks at a previous club and improved once they were traded and got more opportunity.

But my point was the pies ruined fraser by playing him before he was physically ready..we will ruin edwards in the same way if we force him to play afl next year bc we dont recruit anyone else.

Pure
What's your thoughts of Max Heath from St Kilda? Was a former pick 7 in 2021 and has not yet played a AFL game.
Is a ruck , but can go forward too

I like max (unsure of his contract status). I assume stk will want to keep him like ess will want to keep bryan and hes a local kid.
I prefer ramsden and bryan as they are slightly more athletic but ive watched heath in the vfl this year and his movement around the ground and his forward craft is much better than last year. So yes i would go for him if he was gettable at a decent price.

Off the top of my head (and i havent checked contract status)
Bryan
Ladhams
Visentini
Ramsden

(Reidy will be available but is less athletic)

Would be the 4 that id ideally look at.

If youre looking for someone young and rawer verrall okeefe and heath are good options to consider.
Theres definitely better options on other lists than what we have and most will be relatively cheap. We could go down the state league mature age route but i do prefer someone thats already in system.

Port are in love with Dante Visentini. We are no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of posters on here last year were saying we wouldn’t need to recruit another ruck for this season because Conway will be a superstar.
Not knocking his potential but it was difficult last year to imagine he would come in and play most games.

After this season he’s a really big concern, he’ll be given plenty of time but he’s on a Dawson Simpson trajectory at the moment. Let’s hope he can find a way to turn his injury concerns around and get fit enough to run out games.

We can’t go into next next year thinking he’ll suddenly be able to play every game. Edwards is a long way off playing, Stanley will retire and Furphy would need a huge pre season to even be a back up.

The team is looking good with DK in the ruck but we need at least a decent backup. As Blicavs gets closer to his end we can’t rely on him saving us if the others get injured or aren’t up to it.

I like max (unsure of his contract status). I assume stk will want to keep him like ess will want to keep bryan and hes a local kid.
I prefer ramsden and bryan as they are slightly more athletic but ive watched heath in the vfl this year and his movement around the ground and his forward craft is much better than last year. So yes i would go for him if he was gettable at a decent price.
Have you heard anything about Rowan Marshall? Afa coming our way?

His out of contract this year.. like I said in previous posts, he hasn't played a game...
On that info, what would he be worth in a trade sense 🤔? 3rd rounder?

Have you heard anything about Rowan Marshall? Afa coming our way?
No chance.

Smith is all but signed with us, there's simply no viable way to get Roma as well. We'd be trading out of two drafts at a minimum.

Plus, he appears to be happy enough at the Saints anyway. Was just a beat up by Morris yet again.

Lots of posters on here last year were saying we wouldn’t need to recruit another ruck for this season because Conway will be a superstar.

File this under things that didn't happen.

I'm pretty sure the consensus was shock when we didn't pick up another mature ruck. There have been debates about whether that was the right choice but I don't think anyone expected Conway to dominate this season after coming in as a 20 year old with 1 game under his belt.

Not what I said at all. Read it again mate. My point was that justifying not drafting Caddy coz of OH is flawed.

There are plenty of first year players who have played well. Are you kidding?
I don't think it is flawed at all.

In 2022 we traded away 2023 picks (same draft as Caddy) R2 and R4 alongside 3 2022 picks to acquire the pick needed to get Ollie Henry. A man who kicked 41 goals in 2023.

You don't expend that much draft capital over two years just to draft a similar profile player a year later.

We didn't need Caddy and COS will prove his worth in years to come.

that were quick to write off Clark too
I don't think this is accurate. No one here has written off Clark as a player.
That's conflating current team selection worthiness and long term ability.

File this under things that didn't happen.

I'm pretty sure the consensus was shock when we didn't pick up another mature ruck. There have been debates about whether that was the right choice but I don't think anyone expected Conway to dominate this season after coming in as a 20 year old with 1 game under his belt.
It certainly did but you’ve taken one part of what I said and isolated it to make your point. You must work for the herald sun. There was a lot of debate last year about the need for a ruck and many said we didn’t need one as Conway would provide that this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back