Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Would we have any interest in Ben Hobbs from Essendon? Top 15 pick, can't get a look in, especially with the emergence of Durham this year.

EDIT - Just seen the post about him a page earlier.

Point still remains. Seems out of favour there, but would we be looking at more seasoned players - he's only 20 after all?

There's some decent names mentioned amongst this lot

Spider senses on blokes like Hobbs Sinn Phillips Ward Pedlar Hollands McRae Tsatis and a certain smallish inside mid we have picked up at pick 7. The similarity around a few of these give me the hebegeebees...

Would we have any interest in Ben Hobbs from Essendon? Top 15 pick, can't get a look in, especially with the emergence of Durham this year.

Point still remains. Seems out of favour there, but would we be looking at more seasoned players - he's only 20 after all?
My Bomber mates reckon he's just a spud. I have cleaned up their comments to the word "spud". lol

If we are taking that contract on I would hope they heavily discount Smith trade value imo
I hope it was agreed on early this season and our first is the cornerstone of the trade (Dogs would have possibly expected it to be late single figure pick at that stage).

Last edited:

Remember a few Bomber supporters posting on here he was their Joel Selwood…pfft.

A first and a second is wishful thinking. They rightfully won't accept it.

They have no choice he is ooc. Look at the dunkley trade as a template. Picks in the teens/early 20s with other pick swaps. They are not getting a likely top 10 pick next year (ie our fr1) for a player who has done an acl. It will get done for our current r1 plus a r2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worse thing about silly season is that the various media outlets love running headlines like below and then fans start discussions around every potential player on the move to their club

I've loved watching Parker play (except against us), the way he attacks the ball & attitude he brings - but do people seriously think he'd be a valuable addition to our senior team

Remembering he'll be turning 32 in October

I remember Chris Scott raving about Parker not long ago.

I spoke to his parents at Brisbane Airport when he 1st starting playing for the Bombers during the COVID days. I said he should be playing for Geelong being a country boy plus there also would be midfield spots available lol

1723630323724.png

As per last years trade period. We need one of these done up. "You must be better than Tom Atkins to play". If not, don't even bother mentioning them. We don't need midfielders, we need good midfielders.

They have no choice he is ooc. Look at the dunkley trade as a template. Picks in the teens/early 20s with other pick swaps. They are not getting a likely top 10 pick next year (ie our fr1) for a player who has done an acl. It will get done for our current r1 plus a r2.

And you watch, they’ll all melt and be like, “wELL wE WiLL sEnD hIm tO tHe PsD aNd hE cAn pLaY fOR tHe TiGeRs”

1. It basically never happens, especially in modern era of player empowerment.
Players Union would be PISSED

2. Bailey’s agent would now feel slighted and when you mess with player managers you get a Colin Young and Freo situation….that is NOT good when you want players to consider your team.
Imagine now Bailey’s agent in all of his client’s ears bad mouthing the Dogs?

3. Anytime Dogs want to deal with Cats down the line in future deals and if Dogs went to grab one of our blokes, Cats will go out of their way to not work any deals with them.

4. Bailey and his agent would tell every team ahead of the Cats that if they try to Draft him he will just sit out the year and then join the Cats either way (See Cam McCarthy with GWS and Freo). Dogs would get an even worse deal for a guy who didn’t play for 2 whole years, it sends a message to other players that you aren’t willing to help players out. Not a good look at all.

It is the emptiest of empty threats and anytime anyone brings it up I just roll my eyes.
He is OOC, Bailey Smith now has the power.

Whether that is us or Hawthorn, the Dogs don’t really get a say outside of a little haggling.

Last edited:
Sounds like we just really really wanted to draft Mannagh

I think we rated COS higher than Caddy, which is why we did the deal. In that sense, Mannagh was free. We were obviously never taking Caddy, even if we had the pick.

It will be interesting to follow their careers over next decade or so.

Caddy looks a very good player.

Bailey Smith's management are only dealing with Hawthorn.
Apparently its not an issue of money, just wants to get there.
Geelong has never really been on the cards so I don't know where these d1ckheads in the media are getting their info from but it's way off.
My info came from close relatives of his girlfriend and a player manager.
On the Dogs Board....
Good old BigFooty... More unknown in what's really happening, then what ingredients is in a vegetarian sausage

What makes you think we won't pay it? We have a very strong history of getting the deal done even if it means paying more than us fans think we should. And this smells like exactly that.
We won't pay 2 firsts because he isn't worth 2 firsts.

A heap of people told me that we would be giving up our future first for OH and since we were committed it was going to happen no matter how much i kicked and screamed he wasn't worth it. And what did we end up giving up?? certainly not a future first.

Yes we always get the deal done when the player publicly commits to us and we will but not at major overs

It is going to be interesting once even more future trading comes in and players that were once worth a first become worth 2 firsts and players that were worth a first and change become worth 2 firsts and change etc.

Average spuds that are currently worth a second around pick 30 going for a first and change as the norm is going to be funny as hell.

And the more the AFL loosens how many years in a row you can trade the worse it will get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back