Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is accurate. No one here has written off Clark as a player.
That's conflating current team selection worthiness and long term ability.
Plenty have written that they don’t think he will make it and stated they don’t see anything special about him …my comment wasn’t just isolated to one week of negative posts

A few people have mocked the idea of Alex Davies on here. After this performance on the weekend maybe they’ll get it. Hopefully the Suns selectors don’t and we can still get him on the cheap. Reminds me a lot of Flanders, who I also rated but could not get a run at it. Until he did and now he’s a lock in their best 22.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A few people have mocked the idea of Alex Davies on here. After this performance on the weekend maybe they’ll get it. Hopefully the Suns selectors don’t and we can still get him on the cheap. Reminds me a lot of Flanders, who I also rated but could not get a run at it. Until he did and now he’s a lock in their best 22.

Do not mind young davies. His best with has been good but inconsistent. Good coaching could be a massive difference for him

We writing off another first year player are we? 🙄

Please, tell the the current player on our list who played well in year one?
I don't think they're saying that.

The argument before was that Caddy wouldn't get a game because of OHenry. This is flawed for this year (as you say, which first year KP player, Caddy or COS, is getting picked year 1?), and for future years (how does having OHenry preclude Caddy from playing?).

Realistically we won't know for a few years which of Caddy or COS are the better player. But based on the very, very limited data so far you'd say Caddy has impressed more this season. But also, it's ok for people to question the decisions the club makes or even broadly have an opinion which doesn't align perfectly.

I'm probably in the minority, but I would be more than ok with picking up Ladhams as ruck cover. We would get him for very little, and he's actually played pretty well at AFL level when played as the solo ruck. It's just when he's shoehorned into the side as a forward/2nd ruck that he's looked sub standard.

I think he'd be great cover for 2-3 years until either
a) Conway develops into a mature and durable AFL standard ruck;
b) SDK learns enough ruck craft to be a dynamic AFL ruck; or
c) neither of the above happen and we have time to poach someone else.

Not to mention option d) Ladhams himself because an astute pick who can hold down the ruck position for the next 5 years for very little cost.

i know no one here is straight up writing off COS but just keep in mind SDK himself only played a game or two in his first two years before 2022.

Also as a key posi player, you cant just waltz in like a mid or flanker, there has to be a spot open up for you to play, who would COS replaced in the best 22?

Getting through a full season of VFL would be a great result for COS’s first year.

I am actually surprised how many games he has played, his body can handle the work.

Nope ive been keen on it for months as i mentioned it earlier in the year. Hopefully bowes can get in his ear-is the bigger sized mid type that we need.

The thought if Richmond having the number 1 pick after winning 3 flags in 6 years makes me wanna spew!!!

They couldn't even get 20k, less than 1/5th of their members, to the game on the weekend.

Yeah they will likely get the #1 or #2 pick this year but they are going to have a grim time of it moving forward.

They are bad now. They are going to get even worse when Martin, Baker and Rioli all jump ship at seasons end.

The thought if Richmond having the number 1 pick after winning 3 flags in 6 years makes me wanna spew!!!
Seeing Richmond absolutely suck makes you want to spew?

If it's any consolation, they'll likely f**k up the development of whoever they pick anyway.

Trading out Baker, Bolton, Rioli, and letting Martin walk is a one way ticket to becoming the new Norf.

Useless putting kids into an environment like that, particularly when you've got a guy at the helm who hasn't proven if he can coach yet.

The consolation being they have probably picked the worst year to be spooners (if that eventuates) with a very even bunch of kids at the top end and no obvious pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing Richmond absolutely suck makes you want to spew?

If it's any consolation, they'll likely f**k up the development of whoever they pick anyway.

Trading out Baker, Bolton, Rioli, and letting Martin walk is a one way ticket to becoming the new Norf.

Useless putting kids into an environment like that, particularly when you've got a guy at the helm who hasn't proven if he can coach yet.

I reckon they could trade Rioli and let Martin walk without any serious harm.

Bolton and baker would hurt, but if a club paid a decent price for them then it could be worth it.

North's problem is that they got nothing for throwing out those players, they ended up squandering the warchest tm

Plenty have written that they don’t think he will make it and stated they don’t see anything special about him …my comment wasn’t just isolated to one week of negative posts
So that's a small minority of fans among our tens of thousands.
Most sensible people can separate the now and future.

I think COS will always be behind Caddy (assuming they both stay fit). Caddy just looks a natural forward, loves the contest and the moment. At the end of the day though it depends what the club thought our greatest need was a forward or a back? Perhaps we rated both boys the same and were happy to take either one. The other thing that comes into the equation is how well Mitch Edwards develops as we also got the pick that we took him with in the trade.

Very, very much doubt the club was thinking needs-based with a top 10 pick. The much likelier scenario was they rated both Caddy and COS, and were more than happy to take one and add a pick in the 30s as well. We got COS and Mannagh (not Edwards) for Caddy. COS will be a 200-game player.

Are we linked to him? Or it's just your fantasy/preference?

Barring injury Clark will be a 200 game player
I think you are right…it might be that he just didn’t fit into the team for various reasons?

Anyway that prompted me to ask people’s view on which players we have drafted in the last 5 years we expect to play 200 games…and any 300? If we have enough (10-15) then we have a pretty good decade in front of us

Thoughts?

I think you are right…it might be that he just didn’t fit into the team for various reasons?

Anyway that prompted me to ask people’s view on which players we have drafted in the last 5 years we expect to play 200 games…and any 300? If we have enough (10-15) then we have a pretty good decade in front of us

Thoughts?
My take at 200 gamers

Bowes, Bruhn, Clark, Close, SDK, Dempsey, Z Guthrie, J Henry, O Henry, Holmes, Humphries, Miers, Stengle

COS and Conway could be added to that list but I am not convinced on COS yet and Conway will get there on ability but not prepared to trust his body.

Of those ones with a chance at 300

Bruhn, Clark, SDK, Holmes

All of this assumes a clear run with injuries, Bowes, Bruhn and O Henry will have games with previous clubs included.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

If I was a betting man I would put my money on Holmes, De Koning, Dempsey, and Humphries. I also think Bruhn and Ollie Henry will make to 200 game but we didn't draft them so they technically don't fit the criteria. A few others fail on the criteria as weel because they weren't drafted in the last 5 years.

I don't see it with Clark or Conway but I haven't seen enough to form any sort of opinion on O'Sullivan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back