Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I actually think it’s got more to do with Melbournes needs

Key Forwards, the pies play a style that doesn’t rely on them, so they don’t have any
The thing for me is though, that without Petracca, Oliver a shadow of his former self, no Brayshaw.

I think their problem is going to be midfield if Petracca leaves. Maybe just everywhere becomes a problem

The thing for me is though, that without Petracca, Oliver a shadow of his former self, no Brayshaw.

I think their problem is going to be midfield if Petracca leaves. Maybe just everywhere becomes a problem
Hence why a trade will not happen
Dees window is now so they can only take experienced players that fill a need

Having said that it is Melbourne so anything is possible

Hence why a trade will not happen
Dees window is now so they can only take experienced players that fill a need

Having said that it is Melbourne so anything is possible
I'm not sure I know what a window is anymore, but I do know that Melbourne aren't in one.

You can win premierships with one on field weakness if you're strong elsewhere because you can adapt your strategy to hide it. Melbourne without Petracca, Oliver, and Brayshaw have two

OHenry has the potential to be the best medium forward in the game and he gets crucified here, just saying.
He gets crucified for zero defensive ability and being a liability if he isnt kicking goals.

He has a very poor rounded game for a medium forward.

Max king is a 203cm key forward.

Very diffent roles, and max king has also dealt with alot of injury issues

He gets crucified for zero defensive ability and being a liability if he isnt kicking goals.

He has a very poor rounded game for a medium forward.

Max king is a 203cm key forward.

Very diffent roles, and max king has also dealt with alot of injury issues

2 years older, 15 more games, 14cm taller, a focal point.

Hard, and probably unfair, to compare to a younger guy who's been trying to find his place amongst Hawkins, Cameron, Neale and Rohan.

2 years older, 15 more games, 14cm taller, a focal point.

Hard, and probably unfair, to compare to a younger guy who's been trying to find his place amongst Hawkins, Cameron, Neale and Rohan.
I dont know if i am crucifying him or being hardh for pointing out his obvious flaws while in alot of sentences highlighting his immense potential at the same time.

I imagine when ollie goes into reviews with the coaches all these points about his game are highlighted.

It's why I can't understand the McKay link.

The window is arguably already closed. If they lose Trac, it's definitely closed.

You don't then cash in your best asset for a player who will be 28 by the time he plays for you.

I suppose if they're being forced to move Trac, then they don't have a lot of options.

If I'm Melbourne though, I want high quality young players and/or picks in exchange...not a late twenties key forward when I'm about to rebuild.

The McKay idea would have been awesome for them two years ago. Not so much now, and certainly not when Petracca has to go in order to get him there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know if i am crucifying him or being hardh for pointing out his obvious flaws while in alot of sentences highlighting his immense potential at the same time.

I imagine when ollie goes into reviews with the coaches all these points about his game are highlighted.

My comment wasn't directed at you personally......rather, that I see the discussion in general as being a little hard and unfair on OH.

I see his faults, as would any rational supporter. But I also acknowledge his youth, the inherent learning curve that comes with that, and the added difficulty in slotting into our particular forward line.

I also don't see King being a fair comparison. Just me.

At the end of the day he wears our colours, I can see him trying to do his best, I back Scott and the MC......and I often see the ball landing on his head rather than his chest.

I'm happy to back him for longer, and remain confident that he'll be a good player for us.

Just needs time.

My comment wasn't directed at you personally......rather, that I see the discussion in general as being a little hard and unfair on OH.

I see his faults, as would any rational supporter. But I also acknowledge his youth, the inherent learning curve that comes with that, and the added difficulty in slotting into our particular forward line.

I also don't see King being a fair comparison. Just me.

At the end of the day he wears our colours, I can see him trying to do his best, I back Scott and the MC......and I often see the ball landing on his head rather than his chest.

I'm happy to back him for longer, and remain confident that he'll be a good player for us.

Just needs time.
I agree. If he works on his weaknesses, especially his work rate up and down the field in defensive abd offensive transitions, he can become elite.

Its an accurate take for those with a better understanding of modern footy and the strategic side of the game.

Those who think more simple and just see a player and think his a gun because he kicks his 2-3 goals here and there will probably get excited.
I don't think it's that.

Most of the Ollie 'supporters' I've seen just think he's tracking well for a developing player, and don't feel the need to bash him incessantly.

Nothing more, nothing less. Nobody has claimed he's a superstar yet from what I've seen...they just don't think he's a spud worthy of weekly ridicule either.

Oh I missed it. Has he requested a trade somewhere?

Odd for him to do it before Geelong's season is over.

Well, I qualify everything by pointing out it came from Ralphy.

The screen banner said 'Parfitt is leaving Geelong'.

Ralphy said Parfitt is looking elsewhere, but did opine that he (Ralphy) wasn't sure he'd find another home.

Well, I qualify everything by pointing out it came from Ralphy.

The screen banner said 'Parfitt is leaving Geelong'.

Ralphy said Parfitt is looking elsewhere, but did opine that he (Ralphy) wasn't sure he'd find another home.

Hahaha did love the qualification.

Yeah, I suppose it was bound to happen given there's no room for him in the current midfield.

He should find a home somewhere, I hope. Deserves to play on.

I don’t see him as anything other than a wingman. Which severely limits his future at Geelong.
He's 194cm, a great contested mark, runs all day, decent kick and decision maker. I think his floor Is reliable key defender if they want to turn him into that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back