Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Thoughts on Soldo to Cats? Cover for Conway, with Stanley retiring this year?
Yes please! We need a mature age ruckman, but the only problem is what would Soldo be worth in a trade? Contracted as well!
I'd look at Ladhams or Reidy as they would cost cheaper..

It's why I can't understand the McKay link.

The window is arguably already closed. If they lose Trac, it's definitely closed.

You don't then cash in your best asset for a player who will be 28 by the time he plays for you.

I suppose if they're being forced to move Trac, then they don't have a lot of options.

If I'm Melbourne though, I want high quality young players and/or picks in exchange...not a late twenties key forward when I'm about to rebuild.

The McKay idea would have been awesome for them two years ago. Not so much now, and certainly not when Petracca has to go in order to get him there.
The McKay link is 100% media talking out their rectums.

If Petracca wanted the best on field fit it's probably us but apparently he wants to be in Melbourne so we're out

I heard / read that 'Geelong aren't going to stop at Bailey Smith' and thought it had an interesting ring to it.

There was a poster here recently who declared we were into some other players that (from memory) weren't being discussed.....or words to that effect.

Maybe a tenuous link, but maybe that poster has some reasonably good info too 🤔

I heard / read that 'Geelong aren't going to stop at Bailey Smith' and thought it had an interesting ring to it.

There was a poster here recently who declared we were into some other players that (from memory) weren't being discussed.....or words to that effect.

There's been more than one and their information seemed kind of conflicting.

We haven't even landed Smith yet too

There's been more than one and their information seemed kind of conflicting.

We haven't even landed Smith yet too

Yeah, you're right......there have been a couple, and they weren't singing from the same hymn book.

But for some reason I read that article and immediately thought of the poster who said we were looking at some players who weren't being discussed in the public domain....or something like that.

I read the article and wondered if the poster wrote it lol.

Its an accurate take for those with a better understanding of modern footy and the strategic side of the game.

Those who think more simple and just see a player and think his a gun because he kicks his 2-3 goals here and there will probably get excited.
Enlighten us more with your wisdom. Does the modern game allow us to deliver better inside 50 to play to his strengths..?

He's 194cm, a great contested mark, runs all day, decent kick and decision maker. I think his floor Is reliable key defender if they want to turn him into that.
He would be very undersized as a key defender, and has no history at all playing there.

He would need a full season in vfl learning that craft, I don’t know if he has that amount of time on his side.

I don't think it's that.

Most of the Ollie 'supporters' I've seen just think he's tracking well for a developing player, and don't feel the need to bash him incessantly.

Nothing more, nothing less. Nobody has claimed he's a superstar yet from what I've seen...they just don't think he's a spud worthy of weekly ridicule either.
Dont think discussing the same points brought up in his weekly coaching meetings is bashing him either.

Enlighten us more with your wisdom. Does the modern game allow us to deliver better inside 50 to play to his strengths..?
Its a footy forum, we are all big boys who can discuss players strengths and weaknesses. If this is too much or too sensitive, then dont discuss it.

He would be very undersized as a key defender, and has no history at all playing there.

He would need a full season in vfl learning that craft, I don’t know if he has that amount of time on his side.
He's got plenty of time and he's taller than May, Kolo etc. I think he only really has one weakness in that he's just too slow for afl midfield work.

There are plenty in the vfl I'd cut but Knevitt isn't one of them yet.

Maybe a tenuous link, but maybe that poster has some reasonably good info too

100%

Smith will happen but there’s at least one other “name” midfielder who is a real target. Stuffed if I can get any inside info from anyone other than the club wanting to bring ready made players in to bolster our midfield.

Comment made to me was that the club will go hard again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure everyone here is a boy tbh
Very true. Not sure exactly what gets a few posters so sensitive saying O henry is a poor defensive and offensive transition player. Didnt think such statements are controversial while also agreeing he has huge star potential.

Odd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alternatively, Jon Ralph is getting his information from us in here.

Sadly, I'm not joking either.

He's got plenty of time and he's taller than May, Kolo etc. I think he only really has one weakness in that he's just too slow for afl midfield work.

Well, slow with mind - or just always stuck in a laconic gait.

He's meant to be quick, he just can't show it for whatever reason which has to be mental or experience related for mine.

100%

Smith will happen but there’s at least one other “name” midfielder who is a real target. Stuffed if I can get any inside info from anyone other than the club wanting to bring ready made players in to bolster our midfield.

I take it that 'name' is someone other than Oliver?

I don't think it's that.

Most of the Ollie 'supporters' I've seen just think he's tracking well for a developing player, and don't feel the need to bash him incessantly.

Nothing more, nothing less. Nobody has claimed he's a superstar yet from what I've seen...they just don't think he's a spud worthy of weekly ridicule either.
If you run the same ruler over OHenry as has been run over his brother, you would have to conclude he will improve over time. A lot.

For me, going forward, even if he is not the real deal now , there is upside to come .....

And forwards are rarer than defenders.

James Sicily is only 189cm tall but gets the job on taller opponents because of his judgment in aerial marking duels.

100%

And we're to assume guys like Davies, Angwin, Garcia etc don't fit that criteria, even though they've been rumoured.

Although, with the way the AFL landscape throws around the term 'star' so loosely these days, it wouldn't surprise me if it just ended up being them.

Alternatively, Jon Ralph is getting his information from us in here.

Sadly, I'm not joking either.

You know what?

When I saw that article my instantaneous response was to think 'Ralphy has been reading our Board' but I decided to be more generous when pointing out the similarity.

You know what?

When I saw that article my instantaneous response was to think 'Ralphy has been reading our Board' but I decided to be more generous when pointing out the similarity.
He's in a similar camp to Morris & McClure for me. Never fully trust anything he says, although Morris does seem to have some decent Dees sources.

It's not always that bad though. Cleary is reliable, at least with Geelong stuff, and Ryan Daniels out west doesn't print anything unless it's coming from somewhere, so he's got a bit of integrity.

It's sad though that that style of journalist is a dying breed.

They might be a bit vanilla personality wise, but at least they're trying to give the fans what they want - being the truth.

He's in a similar camp to Morris & McClure for me. Never fully trust anything he says, although Morris does seem to have some decent Dees sources.

It's not always that bad though. Cleary is reliable, at least with Geelong stuff, and Ryan Daniels out west doesn't print anything unless it's coming from somewhere, so he's got a bit of integrity.

It's sad though that that style of journalist is a dying breed though.

They might be a bit vanilla personality wise, but at least they're trying to give the fans what they want - being the truth.

Yeah, you can see it in his 'vibe'.

He wants to be the sensationalist.

Yeah, you can see it in his 'vibe'.

He wants to be the sensationalist.
All comes down to money and clicks sadly. Ralphy might have started out okay, but with enough time in the industry you know what sells.

It shouldn't be that way, but fantasy is often far more interesting than reality.

All comes down to money and clicks sadly. Ralphy might have started out okay, but with enough time in the industry you know what sells.

It shouldn't be that way, but fantasy is often far more interesting than reality.

Too right.

If nothing else though we'll soon know who was talking with knowledge about player trades etc and who was making stuff up.

Your love For Knevitt is like mine for 🐓Constable 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back