Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Believe we had 1 year on the table until Carlton offered 2 which we have matched. Concussions the concern on our end. Very glad we got that deal done. Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone type thing.
2 is fine for guys like kolo.

Review at end 2026 see how his body is tracking and the tassie stuff.

Surely Davies is just a packet of chips type of trade... 3rd rounder and maybe a 4th back with it.

He has some upside, but I can't see him costing much at trade table.
A younger stronger quicker better version of Jack Bowes.
More physical than JB.
With a bit of runt which I like.
Our 2nd pick which will be late 30’s would be a bargain IMO.

I see the journalists finally got the news on Davies. They were quicker onto hearing about Bailey Smith.

I asked about a bit more today. I’ve been told we have spoken to multiple targets and basically our entire offseason is based around Smith and how we can bring in another midfielder and one more utility type player.

Our interest in Oliver is still alive. Can’t speak from his side as a Melbourne player has said he’s staying.

We have spoken to Wood but sounds like he is going to continue at Saints.

Someone who mentioned Angwin in here was correct. Which shocks me, as I thought we would be chasing Peatling personally. I think he offers huge upside.

Unsurprisingly, we have been sniffing around Bryan and Tsatas. And I’ve been told if Tsatas have had slipped in that draft, the decision between him and Clark would’ve been difficult.

And then the rest of our interest lies in Bulldogs players. Garcia, Macrae and Khamis. As there’s belief they can be tied into a deal with Smith.

It truly is moneyball this offseason.

Now before everyone says we can’t cut them all in, obviously that’s true. But the belief is we will be landing a combo of three of these players. Smith being the lock. It’s going to be a super active offseason but I can’t lie, I’m excited for finals right now. Hate this bye week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Davies is logical but i suspect teams like coll will offer a bigger contract so we will see what his priorities are.

I know gws have lost a few academy guys but i dont think peatling will go anyway hes just milking his good year for cash.
I have heard we have been sniffing around both angwin and stone (who we chased 2 years ago) now but i think stone will stay.

Ive heard the same about tsatas but i dont think the bombers are open to trading him (more likely they trade hobbs if anyone) so it wont happen this year.
Im glad to hear we are chasing bryan as it shows we have recognised we need a ruck list wise. Hes an interesting one he might be open to a move but then again draper is FA next year-if ess cant sign him now they might not be open to bryan going also.

The dogs are good targets due to cap space and gametime issues.
Garcia i would like but surely he would choose the eagles instead? Macrae i would like but i would want cheap given the contract (late pick). Khamis might be a shout as we like athletic intercept defenders.

Would he actually get a game with us? Smith coming in. Dangerfield still playing on. Who does he replace? Atkins?
4me he would start in Round 1 next season IMO.
Nearly 23 strong tall fooka who gets his hands dirty and loves the inside physicality.
He’d be ahead of Clark Stevens Clohesy Knevitt as an inside mid.
Duncan is done.
Parfitt is gone.
Blitz is nearly there as well.
As for Guthrie. I think we’ve seen his best years gone.
Danger is one year away from retirement.
Some might say a hamstring away from a 5-6 week holiday.
If he has 2 hammys ?? Well put a fork in him.
Davies would be a good get if it falls our way.

I see the journalists finally got the news on Davies. They were quicker onto hearing about Bailey Smith.

I asked about a bit more today. I’ve been told we have spoken to multiple targets and basically our entire offseason is based around Smith and how we can bring in another midfielder and one more utility type player.

Our interest in Oliver is still alive. Can’t speak from his side as a Melbourne player has said he’s staying.

We have spoken to Wood but sounds like he is going to continue at Saints.

Someone who mentioned Angwin in here was correct. Which shocks me, as I thought we would be chasing Peatling personally. I think he offers huge upside.

Unsurprisingly, we have been sniffing around Bryan and Tsatas. And I’ve been told if Tsatas have had slipped in that draft, the decision between him and Clark would’ve been difficult.

And then the rest of our interest lies in Bulldogs players. Garcia, Macrae and Khamis. As there’s belief they can be tied into a deal with Smith.

It truly is moneyball this offseason.

Now before everyone says we can’t cut them all in, obviously that’s true. But the belief is we will be landing a combo of three of these players. Smith being the lock. It’s going to be a super active offseason but I can’t lie, I’m excited for finals right now. Hate this bye week.

Angwin would be a good acquisition
Tsatas is an interesting one.
Was told Dons are shopping him
he is not a contested player and disposal is below standard. Having said that he does know how to find the footy.

Davies is logical but i suspect teams like coll will offer a bigger contract so we will see what his priorities are.

I know gws have lost a few academy guys but i dont think peatling will go anyway hes just milking his good year for cash.
I have heard we have been sniffing around both angwin and stone (who we chased 2 years ago) now but i think stone will stay.

Ive heard the same about tsatas but i dont think the bombers are open to trading him (more likely they trade hobbs if anyone) so it wont happen this year.
Im glad to hear we are chasing bryan as it shows we have recognised we need a ruck list wise. Hes an interesting one he might be open to a move but then again draper is FA next year-if ess cant sign him now they might not be open to bryan going also.

Garcia i would like but surely he would choose the eagles instead? Macrae i would like but i would want cheap given the contract (late pick). Khamis might be a shout as we like athletic intercept defenders.

I actually agree with Hobbs. But it might be one or the other. Knowing Essendon they’ll ask the world and they’ll both sit there for another year in the VFL until they lose all value. I haven’t heard about us being in for Hobbs, which I’m thankful for. He doesn’t seem to offer anything. I don’t mind Tsatas for his ball hunting, which we lack.

Fair points about Bryan. Felt like the last month was a sales pitch by Essendon. Draper suddenly a forward and Bryan playing first ruck. Will be a small watch.

And yeah Garcia for Eagles makes sense but what doesn’t is Eagles going for Graham, they seem rudderless. And fully agree with Macrae, I must admit I thought he was done but he’s shown enough recently to convince me he could play a solid role with the right players around him. Again, can just find the footy.

Khamis I’m really high on. Think he’s underrated. Good defender, athletic and I think his pace would be handy for us especially with his size.

If we're going after Garcia then we've promised him gametime.

We wouldn't be doing it otherwise, and he'd be mad to go to the Eagles with that that being the case.

Unless there's a go home factor, which hasn't been mentioned with him.

The difference between where the two clubs are at is so stark that there would have to be a huge incentive involved for him to head west.

They're legitimately a joke of a football club, and have been for years. It runs deeper than talent too, depending on who you listen too.

Seeing as Smith is all but a lock, two of Bryan, Tsatas, Khamis, Davies, Garcia, & Angwin would do me.

As FishGutz mentions, outside of Smith, they're all moneyball pickups that won't hurt us to acquire, and could deliver far more than one would typically think.

None of them would cost the world, and all of the have upside to varying degrees, particularly in our system that squeezes the talent lemon more than anybody else league wide.

Not against Clarry or Macrae, just come with their own issues and those contracts could be a worry if the deal isn't skewed in our favour.

2 is fine for guys like kolo.

Review at end 2026 see how his body is tracking and the tassie stuff.
much like GCS teams are gonna have to cut one experienced player off their list for the Tassie team - and Kolo makes the most sense for us. Get 2-3 more years at tassie after 2 more with us..... and by then COS will be fully ready.

GO Catters

My understanding is that Davies will go to whichever team that will provide the most oopportunity. He is not the only Sun we are interested in.

I find FishGutz posts interesting and he seems to me a real ITK. My info comes from out West so if probably different from most on this board. My source has strong links to St Kilda. Funny enough they won't talk about who St Kilda is interested in.

My understanding is that Davies will go to whichever team that will provide the most oopportunity. He is not the only Sun we are interested in.

I find FishGutz posts interesting and he seems to me a real ITK. My info comes from out West so if probably different from most on this board. My source has strong links to St Kilda. Funny enough they won't talk about who St Kilda is interested in.
That makes sense

Appreciated. I am just lucky to have a few different friends with connections or involved in clubs so can share information because as a massive fan I know how exciting it is with trade news. But I always share with disclaimers on things I’m sceptical on.

Curious who the other Gold Coast player is? And I’m not shocked with Saints, probably stems from them not knowing what they’re doing half the time hahaha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oskar Faulkhead????

Appreciated. I am just lucky to have a few different friends with connections or involved in clubs so can share information because as a massive fan I know how exciting it is with trade news. But I always share with disclaimers on things I’m sceptical on.

Curious who the other Gold Coast player is? And I’m not shocked with Saints, probably stems from them not knowing what they’re doing half the time hahaha.

From what I have been told Lyon has absolute full support of the board. They are of the belief that they are not providing/supporting him the right resources to succeed - the right players, player development and assistant coaches.

They are absolutely desperate for some x-factor midfield type of player and threw a bucket load of money at DeGoey. Them looking into Thomas made sense from a list/player point of view

From what I have been told Lyon has absolute full support of the board. They are of the belief that they are not providing/supporting him the right resources to succeed - the right players, player development and assistant coaches.

They are absolutely desperate for some x-factor midfield type of player and threw a bucket load of money at DeGoey. Them looking into Thomas made sense from a list/player point of view
Always everyone else's fault under Rossy. He's virtually appointed everyone of his mates so eventually his castle is going to fall. I'm foreseeing many friendships broken at stkilda when he throws the mates he's appointed under the bus.

I know we are pretty upfront publicly with how much we rate Conway long-term. But if you are a fringe ruck in any team (e.g., Bryan), we would have to be the most appealing option of any club. Bryan would have played at least a dozen games for us this year, and Stanley won't be here next year which makes it even more appealing.

Bryan would be a great pick up if we can get a deal that works. Assuming Smith is coming, a ready to go ruckman would be next on my list of priorities. Bryan is pretty mobile and I could see Conway & Bryan being used in Stanley & Blicavs style.

Next up, a bigger bodied mid, best we can get. Davies from GCS or Cumming from GWS would be great.

Pull that off and Andrew Mackie will be well on the way to being a legend.

Bryan would be a great pick up if we can get a deal that works. Assuming Smith is coming, a ready to go ruckman would be next on my list of priorities. Bryan is pretty mobile and I could see Conway & Bryan being used in Stanley & Blicavs style.

Next up, a bigger bodied mid, best we can get. Davies from GCS or Cumming from GWS would be great.

Smith for attacking mid spot (23 years old....can accumulate and play with flair, winning footy out of the midfield)

Davies for big body mid role (22 years old...191cm and nearly 90kg, our stopgap replacement for big body mid long term, just needs a shot)

Bryan for big body ruck to team up with Conway long term. Allows SDK to go back to Fullback (22 years old....203cm and 101kg. Just needs a chance to prove himself)

Can't say looking at Davies stats fills me with much confidence.

about 20 touches and 7 tackles per game in the VFL.

Barely hits the scoreboard in VFL or AFL.
Barely takes a contested grab for a guy that is 6'3.
Low score involvements.

16/17 touches per game and 7 tackles looks about his level in the AFL and whilst not terrible... 16/17 touches at the Suns where all those mids rack them up is more like 13/14 touches for us.

4 years in the system and has only gone past 30 in the VFL twice in 37 games.

Guys like Clark and Clohesy are putting up better stats in only their 2nd year.
Knevitt is putting up similar numbers in his 3rd year and he has a stack of question marks about him.

For a token pick and minimum chips Davies could be worth a spot for sure as a fringe type that maybe could blossom.

I can't say with any confidence that he would ever be in our best team.

Is Bryan a ready to go ruckman though? That's what I don't get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back