Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Picks 13+14 are gone on Lombard and Ashcroft so those don’t affect us unless they trade back of course. So it’s still gonna be the 16th best AVAILABLE player as it always is. After all those two aren’t on the table to begin with.
Unless picks 13 and 14 get traded and they keep their early pick as likely being ahead of Lombard

Yeah but that's what we already have. I thought the suggestion was to go for a Darcy Fort type operator
Maybe, but Bryan's closer to hitting whatever that peak is.

2 years older than Conway, and 4 years older than Edwards. An eternity in ruckman years.

More like when we got Stanley a decade ago, than the McIntosh, Ceglar, Fort, Stephenson acquisitions.

We don't need a superstar, just someone who get us from point A to point B, and can actually stay healthy across the season.

A young guy a year or two out from his prime is more likely to deliver that than another broken down ruckman.

Yeah I think it's just cheap throw at the stumps. Right age, right position, flashes of brilliance. 2-3 year cheap contract for a third rounder and if it doesn't work then no harm no foul.

Better than drafting a kid with a third and throwing him to the wolves
Third-rounder = no worries.

Someone mentioned a 2nd rounder and I'm not sure I'd be keen on that.

Battle confirmed going to Hawks... Probably pushes our R1 back another spot.

After bids for Ashcroft, Lombard and possibly Kako + band 1 comp to the Aints... at worst our R1 pick is looking like being 16+.

If we can get Smith for our R1 alone I'm happy with that... Unsure if that is enough now.

I was always confident if our pick would end up 12ish that it was plenty... but 16+ is real iffy draft selection territory.
Hawks putting together a very competitive list.

We really don't, if we did we wouldn't be talking about bringing in a ruckman, we have plenty of back up types.
To be fair to CatToTheFuture, he's talking about Conway & Edwards being similar in that we like them for what they could be, not what they are right now.

Bryan is different though in the sense that's he's a couple years older, and appears to be pretty durable, which is something we don't have right now.

Even if he's still in the 'potential' basket like the others, he's closer to being reaching whatever that potential is.

Hands up who was furious when we gave 21 for Stanley, especially since it was all we got for losing Christensen for it

Our 2nd rounder could be close to 40 by the time it is live.
I kind of just expect our second to go to the dogs for that reason. Think this was in reference to Davies right? I'm not sure the Suns put up much of a fight to keep him with the talent they have coming through and being traded in.

If we're talking bryan I have no solid opinions on his trade value. I haven't seen enough of him but he does strike me as needing a lot of the development we should be giving to Conway

To be fair to CatToTheFuture, he's talking about Conway & Edwards being similar in that we like them for what they could be, not what they are right now.

Bryan is different though in the sense that's he's a couple years older, and appears to be pretty durable, which is something we don't have right now.

Even if he's still in the 'potential' basket like the others, he's closer to being reaching whatever that potential is.

No chance Essendon let him go. They started playing him in the ruck over Draper at the end of the year. More likely they try and shift Draper.

Davies is not worth anywhere near a second rounder. He's OOC and struggling to get game time at a club that comfortably missed the 8. His VFL performances have been underwhelming.

What would Clohesy or Knevitt (if he was OOC) be worth if they wanted to leave? Basically nothing.

If we're interested in Davies then we convince him to nominate us and get him for pick 60+.
Gold Coast have always been reasonably generous when trading with us. I think a 3rd/4th rounder with a future pick swap would get the job done. Wellsy threatens them with photos every year at the trade table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davies is not worth anywhere near a second rounder. He's OOC and struggling to get game time at a club that comfortably missed the 8. His VFL performances have been underwhelming.

What would Clohesy or Knevitt (if he was OOC) be worth if they wanted to leave? Basically nothing.

If we're interested in Davies then we convince him to nominate us and get him for pick 60+.
Exactly

There has been interest in Nick Bryan for some time however we would need to sell the idea of two rucks.
Nick rates Toby so knows that he may end up behind him in selection if fit and he wants to be playing AFL.
Four weeks ago he wanted to move but things may have changed as now he is getting games.

I honestly think bryan is mobile enough that you could play both together anyway (blitz is almost at the end) and bryan would be our no1 next year.

Looks ready to go imho... Looked much bigger this season, is tipping the scales around 102kgs now. Had terrific stats in the VFL this year. He probably could get to 103-105kgs without affecting his mobility. He's not a gun though, more like dependable back up. Conway would be better, but I don't think he will be durable, so we need someone. But he's probably a similar type to Edwards, except I think Edwards if fit has higher upside but is probably 2-3 years away anyway.
I saw him in the VFL and said during the season when the Bombers weren't playing him that we had a go to try and lure him across and then the Bombers gave him the last 4 games of the season.

Is he an upgrade on current Stanley? Not yet, but he will be 23 when the season starts, he barely missed games in the VFL/AFL and was really good in the ruck in the VFL, just needs time at AFL level.
If we went into games next year with Bryan as a starting ruck, playing Conway in games where he is fit, and using Neale or SDK to pinch hit then we will be in good shape going forward.

75% chance no one. 20% Jeka style list filler. 5% anyone decent.
Honestly I would be fine if we get a Jeka replacement, that is possible to play 12-15 games a year and is even like Matt Flynn or a Ned Reeves or Reidy ... I can hope Conway could play 24 games next season, but I highly doubt it

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back