Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing with Darcy (I don't want him) is that even if Freo kicked in money for his current contract, ala Pies-Grundy, the man himself clearly doesn't want to move.

You don't sign a massive deal until the end of 2030 just 12-months ago, if you aren't seriously invested in the club and the location.

He has clearly established himself in WA and made it home. He obviously likes living there and has committed to remaining there for a long time.

That ship has sailed for so many different reasons.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tbh I think that’ll be his play, next year he’s with us but I can see him requesting a trade to Carlton.

The good news for us is to afford tdk and sdk carlton would have to trade out one of their good A graders cap wise so we might end up with a decent trade there. But wont be til next year.

For all the talk of 'we need a ruck' I think we can use Tom Campbell (as the most recent example) as to how little clubs rate ruck stocks. The footy stats book I have referenced a few times shows the relative irrelevancy of hitouts to winning and we have clubs literally willing to fill their lists with any old tall bloke, or any state level journeyman just in case.

I am still firmly in no need to go and get a ruck.
We have Conway, Stanley, SDK, Blicavs, Edwards and Furphy on the list. Getting someone else just stunts Edwards and Furphy's growth and development potential for no discernible gains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the talk of 'we need a ruck' I think we can use Tom Campbell (as the most recent example) as to how little clubs rate ruck stocks. The footy stats book I have referenced a few times shows the relative irrelevancy of hitouts to winning and we have clubs literally willing to fill their lists with any old tall bloke, or any state level journeyman just in case.

I am still firmly in no need to go and get a ruck.
We have Conway, Stanley, SDK, Blicavs, Edwards and Furphy on the list. Getting someone else just stunts Edwards and Furphy's growth and development potential for no discernible gains.

You are also left with a VFL team that becomes the land of the giants. Not a balanced team at all.

You are also left with a VFL team that becomes the land of the giants. Not a balanced team at all.
If anything we need a project KPF.
Cameron another year over 30.
Neale now in the senior team.

Hawkins and possibly Rohan off the list. Foster and Bradtke (not on the list) is poor depth for the position imo.

If anything we need a project KPF.
Cameron another year over 30.
Neale now in the senior team.

Hawkins and possibly Rohan off the list. Foster and Bradtke (not on the list) is poor depth for the position imo.

Definitely a looming need. Cadman would solve a few issues if there is an veracity to the rumours we are into him. But otherwise we need to be looking to draft a kid. I'm not sure that Foster is going to be an AFL player.

By all accounts, Campbell is a fantastic bloke and terrific clubman - you read comments from Doggies, North and Saints fans, and they cannot speak highly enough of him as a person.

I guess that goes a long way.
Maybe those teams should try and pick good footballers for their lists instead of good blokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back