Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

I'm still seeing Bulldogs fans on socials say they should walk him to the PSD, not understanding the above

Try to explain to them that he'd nominate for the ND, not the PSD and that no club is wasting a first round pick on a player who doesn't want to play for their club

in a draft that is considered as good as any for a good time. If they knock back 15 ..there will be blood for a decade if the pick ends up being a ripper kid….

Hotton, Trainer , Berry , Lindsay .. ..but maybe they want another tall … a Whitlock Jack or Matt etc….

For those interested, we've got a Jack thread

Let's dream for a sec, and we get Martin, Clarry, & Baz either back to their best, or playing career best footy.

I thought we were hated before. It might just reach a new realm.

Gorringe was having a whinge on his Pod about Salary Cap (highly ironic from Blues fan), Brad Johnson (who still wears his Doggies colours in his media role) was adamant SDK was going to Dogs in exchange for Smith which both JJ and Damo shutdown as it sounded more like cope than anything else.

I imagine Clarry rumours are gonna make Garry Lyon have a salty hissy fit next time he’s on TV.

We are going to get nuclear level heat next year and MackAttack just sits back smirking at the results 😂

Injury prone is an understatement.

He’s our new Gary Rohan. Insurance in case Ollie Henry gets hurt or falls into a form rut.

He’s not playing ahead of any of these forwards

Jez, Neale, Stengle, Miers, Dempsey, Close, Mannagh, OHenry.

That’s 8 blokes. Into 6 spots, 7 into 6 if you move Dempsey to wing full time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s our new Gary Rohan. Insurance in case Ollie Henry gets hurt or falls into a form rut.

He’s not playing ahead of any of these forwards

Jez, Neale, Stengle, Miers, Dempsey, Close, Mannagh, OHenry.

That’s 8 blokes. Into 6 spots, 7 into 6 if you move Dempsey to wing full time.

Hmm and not much room for a resting Dangerfield. The smalls are pretty reliable when it comes to injury too. I think Dempsey to the wing/midfield group is an almost certainty, but it’s still a tight group to break into.

Perfect world he gives us ISmith type return for 3 plus years..but imo, its not about games played , all that he needs to do is show what he did at times in this clip in a big important game for us …hopefully important finals ..and his signature will have been worth it..

Hmm and not much room for a resting Dangerfield. The smalls are pretty reliable when it comes to injury too. I think Dempsey to the wing/midfield group is an almost certainty, but it’s still a tight group to break into.

Dempsey is already part of the wing/midfield group - watching the team warm up pre-match, they spilt into their groups and I can't remember the last time Dempsey warmed up with the forwards

We know he drifts forward during the match, but he'd definitely more a part of the midfield group than he is the forward group

Perfect world he gives us ISmith type return for 3 plus years..but imo, its not about games played , all that he needs to do is show what he did at times in this clip in a big important game for us …hopefully important finals ..and his signature will have been worth it..

At a point in time I listed all of our 30+ recruits and I believe only Isaac and GAJ were able to be counted as successes with a litany of failures around them. Let’s hope this one is a ✅

Dempsey is already part of the wing/midfield group - watching the team warm up pre-match, they spilt into their groups and I can't remember the last time Dempsey warmed up with the forwards

We know he drifts forward during the match, but he'd definitely more a part of the midfield group than he is the forward group

I wonder what Demp does over the preseason. Concentrate on running again…or try to put on some size.

At a point in time I listed all of our 30+ recruits and I believe only Isaac and GAJ were able to be counted as successes with a litany of failures around them. Let’s hope this one is a ✅
Found it:

It’s interesting, if you look back at our “ready-made” recruits in the past decade and divide them between sub-28 and 28+ years old you see a pretty clear pattern. I’d want extremely good justification to get anyone over 28 based on this evidence. The two successes had 5 Premiership medals between them!!

Sub-28

Rivers
Caddy
Clark
Stanley
Blease
Dangerfield
Henderson

Z.Smith
S.Selwood

Menegola
Black
Tuohy
Stewart

Abbott
Kelly
Crameri
Rohan
Dalhaus
Fort
Atkins
Cameron
Stengle

O.Henry
Bruhn
Bowes

28+

McIntosh
Jenkins
Steven
Higgins

Ablett
Smith

Ceglar

Let's dream for a sec, and we get Martin, Clarry, & Baz either back to their best, or playing career best footy.

I thought we were hated before. It might just reach a new realm.
Aaaah! The Schadenfreude is getting stronger 😹

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back