Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

McClure now saying Oliver has picked us.

I’m not aware that he has formerly requested a trade at this stage but know he was very impressed by his discussions. Next 48 hrs I reckon we might have a clearer picture as to the likelihood of it progressing to the next stage.

I’m not aware that he has formerly requested a trade at this stage but know he was very impressed by his discussions. Next 48 hrs I reckon we might have a clearer picture as to the likelihood of it progressing to the next stage.
Just out of curiosity YOTC, are you actually Clayton Oliver by any chance?

Who the heck is this guy reporting this? School Holidays is on so the 15 year old boy must be bored

Ready just signed for a year a few weeks ago so I doubt it (although I want a ruck).

I heard when Oliver lost his mrs he went a bit loose... So the Cats will need to sort that part of his life.

Welcome to The Bachelor: Geelong Edition.
Plenty of my Geelong friends have ‘available’ daughters + granddaughters, it’s just a matter of Oliver presenting a

1727861547245.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just out of curiosity YOTC, are you actually Clayton Oliver by any chance?

I thought that talking in 3rd person was going to be a suitable shield! Yep, I’ve been on BigFooty since 2006 (that means I started when I was 9). Been hiding my Cats allegiance for bloody years. No wonder I went on a few benders…

Won’t be either of those two if we have to shed a player or two. I’m thinking Atkins or possibly Kolo. Doubt it though.

Miers will stay at Geelong for life.

Kolo is needed due to kpd issues we have and him and Atkins wouldn't have much trade value due to age they are keep for a year or two (even as depth) then retire. Someone like O'Connor might have better trade value (if fit next year).

Sdk is going nowhere this year but is a watch next year depending on where his brother goes.

I can see clubs coming for close next year I'm open minded on that depending on what we are offered. I can see both Port and Adelaide chasing him. He's a very good player but a small forward is probably the position we can best cover.

I think if we get Smith and Oliver and both work a couple of the depth mids (knevitt and clohesy the obvious ones) will probably look for gametime elsewhere but that would more be the end of next year than this year.

And we still have the ruck and kpd issues to solve.

As much as I hate your club, I also flipping love it. You guys just get shit done!

We haven't got anything done yet other than Martin, but it is bloody exciting regardless!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back