Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Come on guys, let's try to clean up the chat a bit yeah
You know how Godwin's law states that any conversation on the internet will inevitably mention that one guy from Austria?

There should be another where any conversation on BigFooty about your team being successful inevitably results in sexual references.

I would not be surprised if Smith adopts a slightly different hairstyle, to show a new start and a new mature image. And get everyone talking.

l will of course have to copy him again.
Any suggestions?

Adored Oisin’s long hair, gallant to donate it when he went short 😻 But now, in games, I can’t tell him apart from Mannagh 🤦🏻‍♀️ 😹

I’m open to the groovy Covid mullet 🤣 Is that still a ‘thing’?

Over to you Kitcat 😻

Can confirm that the mail on Oliver wanting to now get to Geelong is correct.

I’m told the Cats were looking at getting other players in (outside Smith) but the situation with Oliver “changed significantly” in the last week. Seems the mail about the club (Dee’s) privately shopping him is correct and Oliver’s manager swung into gear. Geelong was top of the list given previous interest.

None of this guarantees his move but if he wants to get to Geelong - Geelong wants him - and Melbourne is pushing him out - it means the odds are improving by the day that he gets to us.

The next 48 hours might get very interesting

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m told the Cats were looking at getting other players in (outside Smith) but the situation with Oliver “changed significantly” in the last week. Seems the mail about the club (Dee’s) privately shopping him is correct and Oliver’s manager swung into gear. Geelong was top of the list given previous interest.

None of this guarantees his move but if he wants to get to Geelong - Geelong wants him - and Melbourne is pushing him out - it means the odds are improving by the day that he gets to us.

Reckon we could bring in a few more just to get oppo supporters juices really going?

Who were the others?

Not soon enough if you ask me
Meme Reaction GIF

You know how Godwin's law states that any conversation on the internet will inevitably mention that one guy from Austria?

There should be another where any conversation on BigFooty about your team being successful inevitably results in sexual references.
Niki Lauda? Every thought of him led to a lusty convo about him, at the convent under the auspices of French nuns

IMG_0703.jpeg

any conversation on BigFooty about your team being successful inevitably results in sexual references
Now I’m listening 😏

Hopefully the new lads all scored an invite to the B&F. Just to send the whinging oppo nuffies a little more troppo
It’s only the polite way 😃

Whingeing oppo nuffies = bonus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not aware that he has formerly requested a trade at this stage but know he was very impressed by his discussions. Next 48 hrs I reckon we might have a clearer picture as to the likelihood of it progressing to the next stage.

Just what type of discussions would they have had? I cant imagine it would be ..will you like me even if Im big dollars? Just how loose is it down Here?

Honestly I have no idea why he would want to sign at freo, where there easily is 2 in front of him

No idea either. He must be moving next year if not this year unless he's happy to just be a career backup like pruess.

The fact that Oliver and Smith have the same management no doubt helped this get back to Geelong.

Do you have any mail on if Geelong are asking Clayton to take a paycut and if he's willing? I can't imagine we are willing to pay 1.3pa.

The only team Close would likely be traded to is Port in an exchange for Butters

Edit - not as a direct swap, but as part of any trade. There's been talk of Butters to Geelong going back a few years, and not sure where the connection comes from but Close gets mentioned a bit in terms of a trade to Port
Close hails from mt Gambier played for Glenelg I think in SANFL. Perhaps they think there is a go home factor?

The only team Close would likely be traded to is Port in an exchange for Butters

Edit - not as a direct swap, but as part of any trade. There's been talk of Butters to Geelong going back a few years, and not sure where the connection comes from but Close gets mentioned a bit in terms of a trade to Port

Mmm ... can you image Close getting traded to Port for a 5th round pick. …after they don't match on Butters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back