Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Nah. This is the thing, when I get told something from someone I trust I know they’re telling me their opinion and accounts of something. I don’t deem it to be absolute truth. What I mean by that is things can change quickly, what they’ve been told could be bs and the person who has told them a certain thing could be playing games. For all I know, Viney was upset and told the playing group he’s upset. They assumed he wanted to go and he went and sat down with officials and they offered him a nice fresh contract that put him at ease. It is interesting the also signed Gawn the past week so obviously they’re trying to make statements.

With a current premiership player firmly in their best 22 you’d expect them to know some of what is happening around the club and he obviously thought he knew as well but goes to show why teammates don’t always make the best sources - they’re often kept in the dark until after the fact. Which makes sense.

And I also said on Saturday night, that when he told me Oliver wants to stay, that was directly conflicting the information I received from my Geelong source. Like I’ve said in the past, when I post things I hear. I’m not saying it’s 100% unless I have the disclaimer it’s 100%.

As of right now I can say 100% we believe Smith is coming to us. 100% ANB is leaving Melbourne. 100% Petracca would want out if he could. And 100% we are into Oliver. Other things I’ve heard are rumours and have too many variables to say 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Other thing too is information can quickly become outdated.

What someone's saying on a Wednesday could be incorrect by Sunday, let alone when we're letting weeks and months go by.

It doesn't mean they're lying. Their information could have been right at the time, it's just incorrect now.

Pretty good list, I'd probably remove Neale personally

And I'd list the veterans because we are arguably in contention mode

Otherwise I'd cut it right back to
Holmes, Stengle, Zuth, SDK, Dempsey, COS, Humphries as our next nucleus
You are probably right about Neale. But structurally he is very important to our list.

I worked on the theory of who is more valuable to us than anyone else, then listed those players.

Humprhries is interesting. I considered him but came to the conclusion that we could replace him if necessary. I also thought “if Harley Reid wanted out and WC demanded our next 3 first rounders plus humphries would I say yes?”. And the answer was that I would pack Humphries bags for him and drive him to the airport.

Last edited:

Other thing too is is information can quickly become outdated.

What someone's saying on a Wednesday could be incorrect by Sunday, let alone when we're letting weeks and months go by.

It doesn't mean they're lying. Their information could have been right at the time, it's just incorrect now.

Yep exactly. He has absolutely no reason to lie. No clout chasing etc. just how it plays out. I think Viney might be quite clever at getting contracts. He leveraged us last year. And looking at his post game interview retrospectively, I think he was cleverly stoking the flames.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You are probably right about Neale. But structurally he is very important to our list.

I worked on the theory of who is more valuable to us than anyone else, then listed those players.

Humprhries is interesting. I considered him but came to the conclusion that we could replace him if necessary. I also thought “if Harley Reid wanted out and WC demanded our next 3 first rounders plus humphries would I say yes?”. And the answer was that I would pack Humphries bags for him and drive him to the airport.
Hard to argue, I did the same thing with Neale!

Pretty good list, I'd probably remove Neale personally

And I'd list the veterans because we are arguably in contention mode

Otherwise I'd cut it right back to
Holmes, Stengle, Zuth, SDK, Dempsey, COS, Humphries as our next nucleus
If you're removing Neale you have to replace him. Best of luck doing that while turning over the midfield.

Name a club where Parfitt would be in there best 5 midfielders?
Richmond and possibly WC
That’s only after Richmond players all request a trade
Melbourne

That's after ANB, Oliver, Petracca & Viney all move on 😉

In all seriousness, I can see Parfitt finding a new home, whether for a late trade or as a DFA - a team like Richmond or North where they could view a player with 100+ games experience as a good option to have around the club, even if it's as depth working with their VFL team to help with the developing youngsters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne

That's after ANB, Oliver, Petracca & Viney all move on 😉

In all seriousness, I can see Parfitt finding a new home, whether for a late trade or as a DFA - a team like Richmond or North where they could view a player with 100+ games experience as a good option to have around the club, even if it's as depth working with their VFL team to help with the developing youngsters
With all the outs Richmond could use him. They'd probably want to trade him for a token pick to protect Graham compo though not sure if it's significant enough to warrant bothering

With all the outs Richmond could use him. They'd probably want to trade him for a token pick to protect Graham compo though not sure if it's significant enough to warrant bothering
I'll take pick 93 - it might drop to 94 depending on results this weekend

Anybody change on thoughts on McRae? In wanting him?
Jack macraes game was good on the weekend but contract still an issue. Id only take him cheap.

With the mass exodus from Richmond, an we go after Noah Balta and Tom Brown?

They might get p2 in compo for balta next year they wont trade him now.
Brown is ok but id wait a year until hes ooc.

I have banned myself from posting about Bailey smith ever again (or at least until he is confirmed in the hoops).

We need a new topic.

LDU anyone?
LDU has stuck fat with the roos through some horrible times. Now they're coming good, he'd be mad to leave them.

With Larkey up forward, Sheezel, Wardlaw and McKercher in the middle and some potential in the back line, they'll do a Hawks and be competing again in no time.

Would love him though.

Could you run an O Lord, O Henry, S Neale forward line?

Can we carry another Oliver?

Technically we have one Ollie and two Oliver's

IF Lord was to join Geelong, it would change the equation to 2 x Oliver & 2 x Ollie's

So, balance things out

At the moment we also have 1 x Mitch, but 3 x Mitchell's

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back