Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

All this Petracca talk is such fanciful BS
Can’t see how a trade could possibly get done without blowing up two teams

Melb trade Trac = Dee’s imploding
Carlton trade a semi reluctant key forward = Blues lose major asset and potentially piss playing group off Boom

Could of course benefit us
If they were to ask TDK if he would be willing to go. Refuses then tells Blues to stick it next year and comes to cats aka caddy

Melb hold all the cards so will have to be massive win for them

Carlton trade a semi reluctant key forward = Blues lose major asset and potentially piss playing group off Boom

If they were to ask TDK if he would be willing to go. Refuses then tells Blues to stick it next year and comes to cats aka caddy

I'm trying to work out why TDK would consider going to Melbourne

We know he can play forward, but his best position is the ruck

With Melbourne having recently extended Gawn's signature by a further two years taking him through to 2027 - why would TDK even consider heading there knowing he'll be behind the captain in his preferred position for at least the next 2 years

He wouldn’t but he is one they may ask
however they may need it to be one of the forwards to free up cash

It would be a typical Carlton move though like Essendon just grab good available players even if we don’t need that style of player

It would be a typical Carlton move though like Essendon just grab good available players even if we don’t need that style of player

Just on this, I wonder if Darcy Parish is thinking twice about his decision to remain with Essendon.
It's not as if he's a necessity there in comparison to filling a need in our midfield

In hindsight, he could have been playing finals while potentially joining forces with Bailey Smith but I guess we will just have to put all of our eggs into a Harley Reid megatrade.

Interesting how this plays out but. Melbourne finally get a decent forward but are left with an iffy Oliver.
Makes Carlton's midfield insanely stacked and with Curnow and Weitering as bookends... I think Carlton benefit more so should pay up but Melbournes blowing up, it's their player that wants out so that reduces currency.
Apparently contracts are similar.
I'm trying to think how we might be able to benefit from this scenario to assist with a trade TDK? Oliver?

Correct, the cost of getting Petracca would be too much for any club, save GC or GWS. The starting price would Cameron-esque, and I don’t see how any club would blow up their list mgmt strategy for a guy who is 29, with a lot of miles on the clock.

Harry McKay would never agree to be traded to Melbourne so just fantasy stuff.

If the rumours are true it does seem a bit rich that Melbourne players were dirty on Petracca for going to Noosa.
There's parts of this that make Petracca look a bit precious, but with everything thats happened at Melbourne, trac going to Noosa is when they decide to set a boundary?
If the players were annoyed it makes me think they are easily annoyed by Petracca and maybe he isn't that great of a teammate...

If the rumours are true it does seem a bit rich that Melbourne players were dirty on Petracca for going to Noosa.
There's parts of this that make Petracca look a bit precious, but with everything thats happened at Melbourne, trac going to Noosa is when they decide to set a boundary?
If the players were annoyed it makes me think they are easily annoyed by Petracca and maybe he isn't that great of a teammate...
From what we’ve heard about players at the demons I’d have thought it says more about the other players at the club.
Not sure how we get involved in this, I’d love Petracca but it’ll cost too much to get him to the club. Despite the risks I’d be seeing if we can get Oliver on the cheap he’d be massive to add to our mids alongside Baz.

I'd be surprised if Geelong went anywhere near Clayton Oliver.

I'd be surprised if Geelong went anywhere near Clayton Oliver.
Nothing would surprise me these days.
Take away what transpired this preseason and then throughout the year.
For whatever reason or reasons.
You’d take him in a heartbeat.
His 2021-22-23 seasons were absolutely ELITE.
I mean like I’d sell my left nut to acquire a player of his calibre.
The question is. What do our/other players, various agents, various managers and our club staff/officials etc etc know that the general public doesn’t know.
All I’ll say is don’t dismiss our club on Oliver from what I’ve heard lately.
It’s not as bleak as some would like to portray it.
But as I said. Nothing would surprise me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda will have.

Ironically the Aints passed up on Trac and took McCartin with #1 in the draft.

Doubt Trac wants to go there though.
He’s not going to want to go to the tigers after they let half their senior players go. The saints could be an option though, maybe he sees himself as someone that can lift them up the ladder.

calder_daddy ... would you be interested in Will Brodie?

Hardly think your best player asking for a trade out is a massive win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back