Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

If the sticking point is he wants Oliver gone then I wonder how badly Melbourne would accept being nmbent over at the trade table to make that happen?

I mean, I'm not a fan of getting Oliver but if Melbourne were a REALLY motivated seller I could see it.

Oliver would be a culture killer. We have a core of level-headed kids and he would be the last bloke you want around them.

I've heard Petracca is a pro's pro and is as regimented as they come. Goodwin is known to enjoy the night life with his players (Oliver included) so it is of no surprise he is trying to get out now before that club takes another dump down to the bottom of the ladder.

Eseendon delisting Hind is interesting to me. Always thought he had something about him at the Saints - is quick, good user etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if they dumped him for some stupid reason.
He has speed and attacking flair but he makes so many dumb choices that he doesn't have the skills to pull off

He has speed and attacking flair but he makes so many dumb choices that he doesn't have the skills to pull off
apparently Hind is not a great team man in the VFL
Dons are shopping Tsatas and Nick Bryan wanted out a few weeks ago but has been getting games so may be swayed to stay

Dons are shopping Tsatas and Nick Bryan wanted out a few weeks ago but has been getting games so may be swayed to stay

Tsatas could be ok in our system - rumours are that he hasn't settled at the bombers and hasn't been meeting there standards.

clearly not worth a 1st but would give F2 if he wanted out

Hrmmm - I think we could probably turn Hind around if we need a list spot filler.

Eseendon got rid of D'Ambrosio who's now in AA contention. They do make some dumb decisions.

If Oliver and only Oliver was the issue with Trac then one would think the Dees would be a real chance to push out Clayton on the cheap.

But it sounds like Trac has some issues with other key senior players... those senior players might have an even bigger issue with Trac if they want Oliver to stay and they see him get shipped out because of Trac.

It is a mess over at the Dees and I'm loving every second of it.
Didn't I hear Pert say Melbourne had the best culture he's seen in 40 years of football?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver would be a culture killer. We have a core of level-headed kids and he would be the last bloke you want around them.

I've heard Petracca is a pro's pro and is as regimented as they come. Goodwin is known to enjoy the night life with his players (Oliver included) so it is of no surprise he is trying to get out now before that club takes another dump down to the bottom of the ladder.
Yeah maybe, I'm just thinking they may be at defcon 1 for panic trades and might be keen to retain an eye watering amount of cash in the exchange, to the point we could simply delist him if he didn't get himself straight

2. FOOTY’S WORST-KEPT SECRET

Bailey Smith is going to the Cats.

But the Cats are keen on securing more than one experienced midfielder to bolster their onball unit.

What about Jackson Macrae?

The issue is three more years on a lucrative contract around $700,000 a year, but as much as he has played 17 games this year, Ryley Sanders will cut into his midfield minutes next year.

The word in list management circles is that the Cats want to bring in multiple players of experience to bolster this list.

Jack Macrae & Bailey Smith ?
Clayton Oliver & Bailey Smith ?
Both Macrae brothers & Bailey Smith ?

Our defence is going to be cactus soon.
Kolo, Blicavs (as an option), Stewart will all be gone soon.
Add in Thouy, Duncan, bews if you wish.

I hope they aren't going to sell the farm on the midfield.

Zuthrie 26
J Henry 25
SDK 23
Humphries 21
O’Sullivan 19
Bowes can play down back 26

I think you’re being a bit dramatic.

Our defence is going to be cactus soon.
Kolo, Blicavs (as an option), Stewart will all be gone soon.
Add in Thouy, Duncan, bews if you wish.

I hope they aren't going to sell the farm on the midfield.
So in other words:

• Two players
  • A guy who doesn't even play there
  • 3 players on the fringe of selection already.

COS, SDK, Zuthrie, Henry, Humphries, & Mullin is plenty, and it's a lot of investment already too.

Might not all be smooth immediately, but we'll be fine.

Fixing the midfield will make that group better by proxy too.

So in other words:

• Two players
  • A guy who doesn't even play there
  • 3 players on the fringe of selection already.

COS, SDK, Zuthrie, Henry, Humphries, & Mullin is plenty, and it's a lot of investment already too.

Might not all be smooth immediately, but we'll be fine.

Fixing the midfield will make that group better by proxy too.
Who the hell is COS?
And god knows what their plans are for DeKoning. And yes I included a couple that dont play there because they are options that will be gone.

Also think Humphries will play wing.

That defence would be ripped apart!

Of the three blokes you mentioned (kola, blitz and Stewart) only Kola is playing as a full time defender atm so not sure why you think that?

Not saying we shouldn’t be looking at adding to our defense but I hardly think the future of our backline is cooked.

That defence would be ripped apart!
No it wouldn't.

Half of that defence have premiership medals, one looks a star in the making, another is a very highly rated draftee and Bowes has played really solid footy down back.

We've still got Kolo (29), Atkins (28), O'Connor (27) and Mullin (24) as mature players with 3+ years left in them who have played down back a fair bit.

Stewart's not rushing off anywhere and C Guthrie might even come back next year.

There's absolutely no issue with our defence going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back