Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Anyone else heard the rumour we are getting Jack Sinclair from the Saints along with Bailey Smith?
Get to the nearest medical facility and seek urgent assistance for whatever illegal mind bending substance has been consumed.

Seriously though - not a chance Jack Sinclair leaves St Kilda. Supporters would burn the joint down.

A rumour floating around on X that Parfitt has been told by the Cats that he will not be offered another contract.

He could have been set for life with an 8 year deal to move to Sydney last year

Considering the number of players trying to move to the "Sunny North" this season, add in their key players coming out of contract over the next couple of years, their salary cap may start to look to bulge a little

Doubt they can really afford to sign all the players they're either directly linked to from known requests or those being speculated upon, as well as keep those currently on their list
Maybe another Bowes deal heading our way ;)

Parf.

CAT KEEN ON MOVE

Geelong’s unrestricted free agent Brandan Parfitt is yet to be offered a new contract and is seeking fresh opportunities two years on from being a late-minute call-up for the 2022 premiership.

Parfitt was the medi-sub in that game but has played only nine games in each of the past two seasons despite his clearance potential and undoubted ball-winning gifts.

Clubs like Melbourne (keen to add midfield experience) and West Coast (who need more midfield depth) have both shown some early interest in Parfitt.

But with list spots tight and plenty of midfielders likely to move clubs, there is plenty to play out for the 26-year-old.

He averaged 4.8 clearances and 6.3 tackles in his nine games but gradually fell from favour and has played only a single game since mid-season.

Geelong has Tom Hawkins and Zach Tuohy retiring but is yet to make a call on Rhys Stanley and Mitch Duncan.

Patrick Dangerfield is yet to sign a new contract but will play on next year on a one or two year deal.

Hope he gets a chance at another club. His value, in part, is his knowledge and understanding of Geelong's standards and processes. Would add value to a dumpster fire like West Coast or Melbourne.

I'd hope he gets West Coast over Melbourne cos I don't think Melbourne's going to be a good club to be part of in the coming years. Their administration is absolutely horrendous and I reckon that ex-board member who lodges lawsuits against them is probably on the money.

There are two major cultural issues at the Adelaide Crows. One of them is Taylor Walker, the other is Mark Riciutto.

Wonder if this means they'll be trading out Fogarty or Rachele now that Thilthorpe is back from living in a cabin in the woods.

I suppose Walker could also be a "break glass" backup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hindsight but how good would it have been to have picked Holmes as the Sub in GF22.................

Parfitt deserved it more, I reckon. I'm glad he got to be part of that. Would be pretty gutted for him to leave the club after all he's given to it without a medal.

Holmes will get his in time.

Here's a name we can cross off our wanted list in the coming year.
A mate of mine with some knowledge of a situation that is looming.
TDK will be moving north... Sunny north.
Here's words were.
He'll be set for life!!

That is unlikely
The last thing gc need is a tall fwd or ruck (unless they trade out current players) and they couldnt afford tdks contract anyway.

A rumour floating around on X that Parfitt has been told by the Cats that he will not be offered another contract.

Thats not a rumour its obvious.

View attachment 2094817

Anyone seen this one? Looks like some of our ITK’s may have been correct, that or reporters are trawling BigFooty for rumours lol
I’m a fan of Davies, he just needs a shot.

The bolded is known to true and has even been reported in the media 😂

Good news - can't wait for this to be confirmed

VETERAN CAT TO EXTEND​

GEELONG has tabled free agent defender Jake Kolodjashnij a fresh two-year deal, with the veteran Cat expected to extend his career at GMHBA Stadium.

Kolodjashnij, who has spent the last 11 seasons at Geelong, had always been keen to remain with the Cats and is closing on a new deal that will secure his future at the club until at least 2026.

The club's premiership player had attracted some rival interest throughout the season given his standing as one of the few unsigned and ready-made key defensive options as an unrestricted free agent.

But the Cats will now lock away the 193cm veteran, just weeks after securing the signature of fellow defender Jack Henry on a five-year deal through until 2029.

Kolodjashnij, who is just four appearances short of his 200-game milestone, will be 31 at the conclusion of his next deal.

"Marty Pask (from Kapital Sports Group) looks after him in our office … they're pretty close to doing a two-year deal for Jake," Kapital player agent John Meesen told AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable on Wednesday. – Riley Beveridge

View attachment 2094817

Anyone seen this one? Looks like some of our ITK’s may have been correct, that or reporters are trawling BigFooty for rumours lol
I’m a fan of Davies, he just needs a shot.

The same report says Collingwood is also interested in Davies

Wonder if he may then be used in a trade for Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back