Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Who said it was GC?
They drafted a young gun in Read.
Also have signed Moyle.
FWIW. The Big O will be staring at 33 come 2026.

So you are talking about brisbane lions then?

View attachment 2094817

Anyone seen this one? Looks like some of our ITK’s may have been correct, that or reporters are trawling BigFooty for rumours lol
I’m a fan of Davies, he just needs a shot.

I reckon most vic clubs will chase davies but id be happy to get him.

Early rumours are though that Hawks have the picks to make it happen.
They can definitely make it happen. If I was West Coast I would dig in on the trade though

Your best alternative to a trade here is to hold him to his contract. Between him, Gov, and Duggan they can go a long way to holding the backline together just a couple more years while they focus the rebuild on other list areas then that's an advantage to rebuilding.

You're reducing the degrees of freedom in which your game plan can fall apart. That's more valuable than late first round picks in my opinion

I'm thinking Davies goes to Pies in the Noble deal.

Unless of course he nominates us and us only.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Giveaway will be if it takes a while.

If it's the Pies he'll come out in the next week or so like Noble did.

If it's us (or another finals team) it'll likely be radio silence for a little longer, which bodes well in our case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news - can't wait for this to be confirmed

VETERAN CAT TO EXTEND​

GEELONG has tabled free agent defender Jake Kolodjashnij a fresh two-year deal, with the veteran Cat expected to extend his career at GMHBA Stadium.

Kolodjashnij, who has spent the last 11 seasons at Geelong, had always been keen to remain with the Cats and is closing on a new deal that will secure his future at the club until at least 2026.

The club's premiership player had attracted some rival interest throughout the season given his standing as one of the few unsigned and ready-made key defensive options as an unrestricted free agent.

But the Cats will now lock away the 193cm veteran, just weeks after securing the signature of fellow defender Jack Henry on a five-year deal through until 2029.

Kolodjashnij, who is just four appearances short of his 200-game milestone, will be 31 at the conclusion of his next deal.

"Marty Pask (from Kapital Sports Group) looks after him in our office … they're pretty close to doing a two-year deal for Jake," Kapital player agent John Meesen told AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable on Wednesday. – Riley Beveridge
Just this morning I was reading north fans dreaming about picking up kolo as free agent.:tearsofjoy: He would be good for them but there's no way he was going to leave Geelong.

Just this morning I was reading north fans dreaming about picking up kolo as free agent.:tearsofjoy: He would be good for them but there's no way he was going to leave Geelong.

The only possible reason I could see for while he’d leave Geelong is because him & his partner decide they’d like to raise their family in Tassie and our newest team offers him a crazy good retirement boosting deal

Clubs had no interest in Parfitt the past couple of years. Hard to see why they would off the back of his very poor 2nd half of this year.

This is flat out untrue. He absolutely loves Geelong and never really considered moving in either of the last 2 years.

In 2022 we had resigned him just before finals until the end of 2024. He would've had plenty of suitors but it was never even considered.

He had suitors at the end of 2023 but not for big money or big years. His and the club's preference was always for him to stay so he didn't pursue anything.

Parfitt would fit well at WC it would give them a mid age mid that can help lead the young players into the future.

He ticks all the boxes for them

Isn't to old for a rebuilding list
Has experience with a good culture
Will not cost a thing
Straight swap for Ried

Lock it in

I thought Kolo would sign for 3 with us.

2 with us plus 3 with Tassie (VFL, AFL, AFL transitioning to assistant coach) would make sense also I guess.
Believe we had 1 year on the table until Carlton offered 2 which we have matched. Concussions the concern on our end. Very glad we got that deal done. Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone type thing.

Surely Davies is just a packet of chips type of trade... 3rd rounder and maybe a 4th back with it.

He has some upside, but I can't see him costing much at trade table.

Would he actually get a game with us? Smith coming in. Dangerfield still playing on. Who does he replace? Atkins?

This is flat out untrue. He absolutely loves Geelong and never really considered moving in either of the last 2 years.

In 2022 we had resigned him just before finals until the end of 2024. He would've had plenty of suitors but it was never even considered.

He had suitors at the end of 2023 but not for big money or big years. His and the club's preference was always for him to stay so he didn't pursue anything.
Take it up with the Addy

IMG_4883.jpeg

I see the journalists finally got the news on Davies. They were quicker onto hearing about Bailey Smith.

I asked about a bit more today. I’ve been told we have spoken to multiple targets and basically our entire offseason is based around Smith and how we can bring in another midfielder and one more utility type player.

Our interest in Oliver is still alive. Can’t speak from his side as a Melbourne player has said he’s staying.

We have spoken to Wood but sounds like he is going to continue at Saints.

Someone who mentioned Angwin in here was correct. Which shocks me, as I thought we would be chasing Peatling personally. I think he offers huge upside.

Unsurprisingly, we have been sniffing around Bryan and Tsatas. And I’ve been told if Tsatas have had slipped in that draft, the decision between him and Clark would’ve been difficult.

And then the rest of our interest lies in Bulldogs players. Garcia, Macrae and Khamis. As there’s belief they can be tied into a deal with Smith.

It truly is moneyball this offseason.

Now before everyone says we can’t cut them all in, obviously that’s true. But the belief is we will be landing a combo of three of these players. Smith being the lock. It’s going to be a super active offseason but I can’t lie, I’m excited for finals right now. Hate this bye week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back