Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I’m not even sure what you’re trying to say? Are you even aware of what the actual drug policy is in the league? Players can self report when they use drugs and no one will know expect the doctors. You really think a doctor is gonna leak that info to a journalist?

Have a look at the players who have actually been named. They have either been caught via social media pictures, or literally been sent to hospital (Oliver, Libba) or someone like Joel Smith who was caught by police for trafficking.

And as a rando no name myself like you said, I know because I’ve seen it and been involved with my own eyes. You’re ignorant if you think well over half the league aren’t getting on it regularly

So literally half the league are involved, i.e. hundreds of players, and yet somehow basically zero photos of this occurring have been leaked on social media? How does that make any sense? The math isn't mathing.

To be clear: I'm not suggesting illicit substances aren't being partaken in by some of the players, I'm simply disputing the extent of the abuse you're suggesting. I find it implausible to believe that such a cover-up would be possible without more or less any leaks occurring. I think the more likely explanation is that you're making wild generalisations based on anecdotal experiences.

So literally half the league are involved, i.e. hundreds of players, and yet somehow basically zero photos of this occurring have been leaked on social media? How does that make any sense? The math isn't mathing.

To be clear: I'm not suggesting illicit substances aren't being partaken in by some of the players, I'm simply disputing the extent of the abuse you're suggesting. I find it implausible to believe that such a cover-up would be possible without more or less any leaks occurring. I think the more likely explanation is that you're making wild generalisations based on anecdotal experiences.

lol you think the players are racking up lines in the middle of a dancefloor in front of everyone or something?

My contention is that the rate of illicit substance consumption among AFL players is almost certainly less than their same-aged peers in less public careers. Not more. For reasons that should be obvious (greater risk of being caught, career is public so more of a reputational hit and stigma if caught, professional responsibility to avoid it). And the rate of illicit substance consumption among young people in Australia aged 18-30 is not 50% to begin with, so for illicit substance abuse among be something "more than half" of AFL players partake in, they would need to be doing it at a rate significantly higher than their same age peers. Not just at the same level as them.

lol you think the players are racking up lines in the middle of a dancefloor in front of everyone or something?

No of course not, but I also doubt the entire player base would be as impeccably and universally discreet as they would need to be to maintain a near-perfect industry-wide record of avoiding any image leaks whatsoever, if substance abuse were as improbably ubiquitous as you are suggesting.

No of course not, but I also doubt the entire player base would be as impeccably and universally discreet as they would need to be to maintain a near-perfect industry-wide record of avoiding any image leaks whatsoever, if substance abuse were as improbably ubiquitous as you are suggesting.

I don’t know what to tell you mate. It’s got nothing to do with “images being leaked”. They do these things with friends and other players not the bloody general public and Damien Barrett. No one is leaking pictures of their friends doing drugs.

Don’t forget the fact that over 100 players were on the AFLs Illicit Drug Policy medical model which meant they just self reported as I said earlier, and didn’t get any strikes against them.

I don’t know what to tell you mate. It’s got nothing to do with “images being leaked”. They do these things with friends and other players not the bloody general public. No one is leaking pictures of their friends doing drugs.

Don’t forget the fact that over 100 players were on the AFLs Illicit Drug Policy medical model which meant they just self reported as I said earlier, and didn’t get any strikes against them.

This is true. The medical model effectively allowed ongoing transgressions without consequence.

I don’t know what to tell you mate. It’s got nothing to do with “images being leaked”. They do these things with friends and other players not the bloody general public and Damien Barrett. No one is leaking pictures of their friends doing drugs.

Again, I'm not denying it happens, I just don't think it happens at the rate you're suggesting.

Lets be realistic though, he would come overweight, not work hard enough to lose weight and end up not being picked. Bombers only play him because they are desperate, we are not.

The obvious counter argument is that he’s kicked 42 goals this year (more than any cat bar Cameron) despite being overweight and playing for a poor team. Talk about upside!

I'd take a chance on Stringer 2years right money right contract clauses it's fine to consider character but would the Hawks have been 3 peaters if not for Brian Lake.

Lets be realistic though, he would come overweight, not work hard enough to lose weight and end up not being picked. Bombers only play him because they are desperate, we are not.

Id also subject him to laser torture by removing that hideous tattoo on his chest, he doesnt step in the doors at KP without that!!!
He goes pretty well in contract-ending years... that's why I said "1-year contract".

New club, new teammates to impress, great leadership, higher standards, 1-year contract.

I'd back him in to have a strong season.

We aren't getting him on a single-year contract though so it's probably a moot point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who does Stringer replace in our forward line next year?

Miers nope
Stengle nope
Close nope
Cameron nope
Neale nope
Dempsey nope
Mannagh nope
OH/Rohan nope

If people think OH is bad at everything besides kicking goals Stringer is worse apart from a few games a year.

Couple that with someone who obviously doesn't train well is a complete prick of a person why the hell would we want him.

Who does Stringer replace in our forward line next year?

Miers nope
Stengle nope
Close nope
Cameron nope
Neale nope
Dempsey nope
Mannagh nope
OH/Rohan nope

If people think OH is bad at everything besides kicking goals Stringer is worse apart from a few games a year.

Couple that with someone who obviously doesn't train well is a complete prick of a person why the hell would we want him.
I was surprised that stats indicated he was at 31% of Essendon cbas this year. I don't remember seeing him there at all. But if he was maybe the odd midfield stint is a point of difference

I was surprised that stats indicated he was at 31% of Essendon cbas this year. I don't remember seeing him there at all. But if he was maybe the odd midfield stint is a point of difference
Even if he runs through the middle a bit he isn't worth picks/cap space when we need mids not part timers with crap work ethic and bad personality.

I'd be grossly disappointed if we were interested in Stringer. He's got talent but he's a grubby bloke and if Essendon are saying take it or leave it, that should be alarm bells.

pretty sure we asked the question when he was leaving the dogs and we were a few he short listed before going to essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back