Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Veteran defender Jayden Laverde is being eyed by as many as three rival Victorian clubs amid contract drama at Essendon.

While the 28-year-old is contracted with the Bombers for another season, he and teammate Jake Stringer were reportedly denied new, longer contracts in a recent meeting with club officials.

Now, St Kilda, as well as Carlton and Geelong, are expressing interest in the 131-gamer, according to Herald Sun journalist Scott Gullan.
Emerson Jeka > Jayden Laverde

We've already got a Stringer. You know the guy. Looks like he might kick five. Ends up kicking 1. Its Henry.

How dare you guys pick on booze and women.
You do know that outside of those two categories you're wasting your money right?

We've already got a Stringer. You know the guy. Looks like he might kick five. Ends up kicking 1. Its Henry.

You do know that outside of those two categories you're wasting your money right?

On evidence to date I'd say Henry is nothing like Stringer at all.

He's a far better human being.

How dare you guys pick on booze and under age schoolgirls.
Paints it in a very different, much more messed up light.

Big believer in second chances, and I'm sure (or I hope) he's grown up since then.

He can do that at another club though. Not worth our time IMO.

Gold Coast have delisted James Tsitas and Oskar Faulkhead. Any interest in Faulkhead by the Cats?

Jimmy was great for us in the vfl but too old now. Would consider faulkhead as a rookie.

Veteran defender Jayden Laverde is being eyed by as many as three rival Victorian clubs amid contract drama at Essendon.

While the 28-year-old is contracted with the Bombers for another season, he and teammate Jake Stringer were reportedly denied new, longer contracts in a recent meeting with club officials.

Now, St Kilda, as well as Carlton and Geelong, are expressing interest in the 131-gamer, according to Herald Sun journalist Scott Gullan.
Uggh yuk... He's like if the worst of Kolo then had a lobotomy... Absolutely a hard pass, one of the worst players in the AFL

ESPN are saying this years draft is the deepest draft pool ever
If a i had a dollar for every time i have heard this or "this is a super draft" goddanm i would be rich

Nothing wrong with the ladies …it’s a bit different when it’s 16 year old girls and you have a pregnant partner at home

Perryman reportedly interested in midfield opportunity moreso than money, mates with Jeremy Cameron, and loves fishing and the outdoors lifestyle

Is he good enough to play full time mid?

He’s probably no worse than Atkins or bowes, so could be in the rotation. But I’m not sure he’s significantly better either. So we’d probably still want to target some A grade mids in the next couple of years which would push him back out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a i had a dollar for every time i have heard this or "this is a super draft" goddanm i would be rich

Yeah, I stopped listening to the "experts" opinions of upcoming draft pools ages ago. Rather listen to Wells who regularly states that they see opportunity to bring in talent late in any draft.

Last year's draft was roundly suggested to be shallow after the first dozen or so picks. Meanwhile, picks 36 (Mannagh) & 63 (Humphries) are currently preparing to play in a Qualifying Final, having well and truly earned the right to do so.

Yeah, I stopped listening to the "experts" opinions of upcoming draft pools ages ago. Rather listen to Wells who regularly states that they see opportunity to bring in talent late in any draft.

Last year's draft was roundly suggested to be shallow after the first dozen or so picks. Meanwhile, picks 36 (Mannagh) & 63 (Humphries) are currently preparing to play in a Qualifying Final, having well and truly earned the right to do so.
The fact we brought in so many mature age players indicates that the draft crop last year lacked depth. Last year's draft lacked depth in midfielders in particular

Picking a 26 year old high half forward at pick 36 shows how lowly rated the draft was. He'll give us a few years of solid footy but you don't normally give a top 40 pick for someone whose upside is pretty limited.

It would be fascinating to know where we would've pulled the trigger on Humphries if there was other interest. We clearly knew he wasn't going to be selected by anyone else so could wait to the last pick. It's staggering nobody else was interested especially West Coast letting him slip through their academy.

It would be fascinating to know where we would've pulled the trigger on Humphries if there was other interest. We clearly knew he wasn't going to be selected by anyone else so could wait to the last pick. It's staggering nobody else was interested especially West Coast letting him slip through their academy.
This is where I'd love to get some kind of doco on this stuff.

Hearing Wells say "We have spoken to Lawson a few times and we like him for one of our later picks... he has told us that absolutely zero clubs besides us have contacted him this year" .

That would be an awesome inside viewing of how things potentially work.

I think from memory in Lawson's first interview with the club (the one when he was standing next to Edwards) he mentioned that he thought that it was Geelong possibly in the rookie draft or nothing for him.

Hearing deep list convos with senior club top dogs would be as good as it gets for lots of us footy nuffs.

I know (knew) his dad. He matured late. I actually said it on the north board years ago. ie, be patient.
And he definitely thought he was a chance of being at the cats. He told my brother that 2 months ago.
Masons dad is one of my brothers best friends.

I dont think I've ever met Mason.
But he gets tickets for my brother to go to saints games.
He's never going to win a B&F but he's bloody versatile.
He’s improved out of sight since leaving North
Like I said, he has fantastic management

Picking a 26 year old high half forward at pick 36 shows how lowly rated the draft was. He'll give us a few years of solid footy but you don't normally give a top 40 pick for someone whose upside is pretty limited.

That’s pretty harsh on Mannagh, he’s got plenty of afl footy he can play in his career and looks to have plenty of upside. We took him that early because others had shown interest and he’d just blown up in the vfl gf.

We picked the eyes out of the back end as usual though. At this point there's not much past the top dozen picks from that draft which tracks everything said about it at the time with the usual Wells exceptions

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back