Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Watching CS deny knowing about Smith was a hard watch.

The guy is usually the smoothest operator in the AFL via the tongue but was in all sorts when quizzed on Smith.

Sort of feel for them though. How many pages did we devote to the Tim Kelly and wife drama, some nasty business said there. Supporters/media should just be resigned while all the machinations going on.
At least we'll be the second last to know- someone better call Scotty.

They'd be crazy to let Mannagh go, especially as a deal sweetener... he is worth a bit at trade table that is for sure.
100%

And in line with the jump Tim Kelly made year two I don’t think Mannagh is the finished product just yet. He might only play 100 games in his career given the late start but I reckon games 20-75 he’ll go up another gear. He’s still acclimating.

Cracking group, just need a ruckman (assuming Stanley retires). Maybe Conway or DeKoning but it’d be nice to have a more established ruck option.
It's a huge if, but if Conway is fit and available he can become that ruckman.

This isn't a situation where the kid came in and got flogged every week, he held his own regularly.

Admittedly, maybe our standards are lower since Ottens in terms of what a great ruckman looks like...but if Toby can just give us what he did this year for a full season then we'll be fine IMO.

(Again though, huge emphasis on "if")

If not, SDK has shown he can be a more than adequate ruckman, he's just the complete antithesis of Conway and plays more in that 'extra midfielder' role.

To get to Bellbrae you go through Freshwater Creek then Bellbrae near the start of the Great Ocean Rd.

Depending on whether you take the bitumen or the dirt road you’d go past Jezza’s joint - and then past the Austin property. Founders of Cotton On. You could also stop at the Freshwater Creek bakery where Jezza gets his sugar fix.

Head back the other direction (north west) and you be at Moriac / Barabool and go past a couple of farms that Stanley and Hawkins own.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
and Decjuba.

It's a huge if, but if Conway is fit and available he can become that ruckman.

This isn't a situation where the kid came in and got flogged every week, he held his own regularly.

Admittedly, maybe our standards are lower since Ottens in terms of what a great ruckman looks like...but if Toby can just give us what he did this year for a full season then we'll be fine IMO.

(Again though, huge emphasis on "if")

If not, SDK has shown he can be a more than adequate ruckman, he's just the complete antithesis of Conway and plays more in that 'extra midfielder' role.

Conway was really good but blew up about 5 minutes into a quarter and has had a concerning injury run. I’m more confident in De Konning but he’s a bit laconic and could use a bit more fire as a ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong don't have good enough picks on their own do get it done but they do have Max Holmes and Sam deKonning, either of which would fit seamlessly into the Dogs top 22

Bless em. Still stuck on the delusional stage dealing with losing a player.

Agree but never seen anyone look more Hawthorn with whatever he's got going on. Needs to lose the mo and mullet and go the Blicavs, Bruhn, Zuthrie, Stewart, Dempsey look.
I don't think you can really 'look' like you play for any club tbh.

We used to be a club for the brunettes and those who were folically challenged, and now it's blondes (both peroxide and natural) with headbands.

Seemingly changes throughout the eras, I'm sure it'll switch back again soon.

Harley Reid might keep that trend going for a while though.

I don't think you can really 'look' like you play for any club tbh.

We used to be a club for the brunettes and those who were folically challenged, and now it's blondes (both peroxide and natural) with headbands.

Seemingly changes throughout the eras, I'm sure it'll switch back again soon.

Harley Reid might keep that trend going for a while though.
In my book mullet + fake tan = hawks. It's scientific.

Appreciate your posts.

What others have you heard that could be happening?

Honestly, I haven’t heard any updates. I’ll get some info later this week at a dinner but for now all I know is the names I’ve previously mentioned. Honestly am shocked by Davies. So now he’s out of the picture maybe we will hear something more on Tsatas or Macrae. I’ll also be asking about Stringer because that was left field but I have a gut feeling there’s truth to it.

It does feel like it’s going to be Smith locked down and moneyball pieces to fill it out. I still think we should be trying for Peatling, personally.

Also, bit of a side note, but who the hell brought up Mannagh in any deal hahaha. I tell you, on Thursday night watching him live, between his rise, Humphries and Dempsey. Plus, the tactical prowess King has in the box, they’ve made me a believer for the flag this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sort of feel for them though. How many pages did we devote to the Tim Kelly and wife drama, some nasty business said there. Supporters/media should just be resigned while all the machinations going on.
At least we'll be the second last to know- someone better call Scotty.
He probably won't know until the Thursday before Round 1 at the team selection committee meeting.

"Oh we got him, did we? That's great news." :p

Bailey Smith does have the capacity to play at a much higher ceiling, we’ve seen what he can do but the measure of a player through their career is their maturity and approach to the game. His last two seasons though had been ordinary in comparison to his 2021 season. However footy fans need to be realistic about a 21yo who is still wet behind the ears on many levels.

How worried should we be about his footskills? I remember watching him last year against us and his ball use was beyond deplorable. As a Bulldogs fan do you consider his kicking efficiency over the past two years representative of his level or was he just in a form slump in that area?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back