Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Honestly, I haven’t heard any updates. I’ll get some info later this week at a dinner but for now all I know is the names I’ve previously mentioned. Honestly am shocked by Davies. So now he’s out of the picture maybe we will hear something more on Tsatas or Macrae. I’ll also be asking about Stringer because that was left field but I have a gut feeling there’s truth to it.

It does feel like it’s going to be Smith locked down and moneyball pieces to fill it out. I still think we should be trying for Peatling, personally.

Also, bit of a side note, but who the hell brought up Mannagh in any deal hahaha. I tell you, on Thursday night watching him live, between his rise, Humphries and Dempsey. Plus, the tactical prowess King has in the box, they’ve made me a believer for the flag this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I only said dogs should ask for him not that we should push him

Edit: talking about Mannagh

Btw for those speculating that Duncan would retire this year or be pushed out, Scott said on Fox Footy tonight that he's likely to play on.
Hrm that's an interesting decision cos he looks absolutely cactus at times.

Ah well, gotta have experience around the club and be can probably learn a handy trick or two from Hunphries before he goes :p

The last thing we need to do is lose to much experience at once and we are already going to be losing a lot this year no need to push Duncan when he can help us next year as he transitions out of the 23 and someone else replaces him like Knevitt or Clark

We are already losing Hawkins, Tuohy, 99.9% Stanley, Rohan is a high possibility, Parfitt is most likely gone and maybe even Bews.

Next year Duncan and Blics will probably retire along with maybe Danger and Guthrie(depending on body)

Doesn't our coach use fake tan too? We can't really talk.

Would be a great get for the club. Bondi Sands would be licking their lips at the sponsorship opportunity.
No doubt. Let's hope we get our man. And who knows- maybe we will see Chris Scott rock the mullet tan combo himself for 2025. The Hawks won't just have missed out on the star recruit, they also won't know what to do with their hair anymore.

Very strong rumour floating around that Collingwood are in play for Smith, not sure they can afford him but you never know.
February called, it wants it's rumour back.

Collingwood have been out of this for the best part of 6 months.

Actually, probably since they did the Schultz deal tbh.

Nevertheless, it's irrelevant if Smith has nominated us - and all of Ralph, Morris, & most importantly, Cleary, say he has.

Very strong rumour floating around that Collingwood are in play for Smith, not sure they can afford him but you never know.

North in that rumour too. They might have a bit of currency if they guarantee he plays his position- apparently one of his beefs with Beveridge. Whatever conspires, I can see the dogs digging in here.

Super confident. From what I was told we will be super aggressive this year and we are usually savvy enough to pull of a few moves if that’s what we want.

Do you think there'll be any surprises in terms of departures from Geelong - an unexpected trade or two, type thing?

Conway was really good but blew up about 5 minutes into a quarter and has had a concerning injury run. I’m more confident in De Konning but he’s a bit laconic and could use a bit more fire as a ruckman.
I dont think you can call a guy really good if they dont have the aerobic capacity to actually run out games at senior level, wed be foolish to go in with all our chips in the Conway basket at this point, he was stuffed by half time every game he played and has now had even more surgery on an injury notorious for never coming good especially in talls.

The last thing we need to do is lose to much experience at once and we are already going to be losing a lot this year no need to push Duncan when he can help us next year as he transitions out of the 23 and someone else replaces him like Knevitt or Clark

We are already losing Hawkins, Tuohy, 99.9% Stanley, Rohan is a high possibility, Parfitt is most likely gone and maybe even Bews.

Next year Duncan and Blics will probably retire along with maybe Danger and Guthrie(depending on body)

For next year's retirees, I see any of the vets who get 1 year now calling time - such as Duncan, Rohan (if he gets a year) etc

Agree on Guthrie that it'll depend on how 25 plays out

Dangerfield reportedly wants a 2-yr deal so I think he sees himself playing on through to 26 at least

Blicavs could well find himself in a similar position games wise to Duncan at the end of this season - he's currently on 269 games, so depending on how he responds in 25, could he extend his career by another year? Just imagine the storyline - Olympic hopefully to Cat B rookie, 2 x Carji medalists, AA & premiership player who finishes his career with 300 games...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know what game people watch that criticise Duncan, to me hes still one of our more important players and was an absolute no brainer to play on.

In fairness, he has some shockers during the season but he did look composed on Thursday night. Hope he can have a great finals series and play on.

Do you think there'll be any surprises in terms of departures from Geelong - an unexpected trade or two, type thing?

Nah I don’t think so. I think most have been pretty on the money on here and it doesn’t seem like we have anybody knocking on the door and feeling like they’re not getting opportunity at the moment. Parfitt looks like the one who will go but carries no currency. But again, never know. Maybe someone gets a big money offer and it helps generate picks and we see them as someone we can replace easily. I say this with the Caddy trade in mind.

Also, isn’t it fantastic we have Stengle signed up. Having that loom during finals would’ve been awful. He’s still somehow underrated.

How worried should we be about his footskills?

He’s not a long penetrating kick, but he is good around goals , is explosive off the HF line and can do stints on the ball.

Kicking can be a bit wasteful but at an early age that can be corrected. He’s not an inside mid

He’s not a long penetrating kick, but he is good around goals , is explosive off the HF line and can do stints on the ball.

Kicking can be a bit wasteful but at an early age that can be corrected. He’s not an inside mid

Not a long kick......wasteful....not an inside mid.....hmm.

Sounds a bit raw and less credentialed.

Shouldn't cost much then.

😊

I dont know what game people watch that criticise Duncan, to me hes still one of our more important players and was an absolute no brainer to play on.
I’m not overly critical of Duncan, and love what he’s been. I just think when Stewart is back the mix with our smalls up the ground, Mullin and even Bews with speed and the ability to lock down and Holmes and Humphries off half back I think he’s a luxury that makes him 23rd or 24th picked.

Shouldn't cost much then.

What’s the going rate for a can of coke, packet of chips, and a used rip curl surf board?

Asking for…. a friend….. 😎

The short answer is they can’t! Also their midfield is loaded, why would he go there for for midfield time?
Of course they can. Frost is 31. Sicily can be freed up to play anywhere, and you can never have too many line breaking midfielders. Cash isn’t an issue, they’ve probably been paying under the cap lately. The one club that aren’t afraid to use high picks on known talent if they think they’re in the window. I’m still not sold that they’re a genuine top 4 team but can’t fault their quick turnaround. Mitchell in the mix as the next best coach behind Scott and daylight. Let’s see how they go under some genuine finals heat in the next 1-3 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back