Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

The people aren't gonna be happy.

He's gonna get tomatoes thrown at him running out for his 300th next year.

Lucky our Mitch Duncan Fan Club have his back.
I’ll be happy as Larry if Mitch takes us to another flag. Those bagging Mullin were the ones that were made to look stupid Thursday night, not those questioning what Duncan brings to the team these days.

For next year's retirees, I see any of the vets who get 1 year now calling time - such as Duncan, Rohan (if he gets a year) etc

Agree on Guthrie that it'll depend on how 25 plays out

Dangerfield reportedly wants a 2-yr deal so I think he sees himself playing on through to 26 at least

Blicavs could well find himself in a similar position games wise to Duncan at the end of this season - he's currently on 269 games, so depending on how he responds in 25, could he extend his career by another year? Just imagine the storyline - Olympic hopefully to Cat B rookie, 2 x Carji medalists, AA & premiership player who finishes his career with 300 games...
Blicavs I can see playing 2-3 years as a key back, more running and less wear and tear in the middle. As durable as they come, how may games has he missed due to injury over the journey..?

We enquired about Burgess but he’s apparently staying in SA.

Not a huge loss. I know some guys who were at Port when Burgess was there around 2012, they said he's still running the same programs today at the Crows. He spends 2-3yrs at a club, runs the same program he's run at every other club then moves on.

I’ll be happy as Larry if Mitch takes us to another flag. Those bagging Mullin were the ones that were made to look stupid Thursday night, not those questioning what Duncan brings to the team these days.
Well then prepare to be called larryhoops or suppalarry! I try not to death ride any player. Duncan has had a decent year, Mullin is showing good signs, I’m not getting sucked into trying throw either in the bin. Especially given that they have had completely different roles this year. If you want to have a go at the Mullin bashers, you will be well aware that I am not one of them.

Blicavs I can see playing 2-3 years as a key back, more running and less wear and tear in the middle. As durable as they come, how may games has he missed due to injury over the journey..?
I disagree, the guy is 34 by the start of next year and has shown definite signs of slowing down. Although he is durable, nothing lasts forever and I have bad memories of a very immobile Lachie Henderson and Harry Taylor being unable to impact anything that wasn't directly on their heads in the 2020 GF.

There's also just not a spot for him there, either. SdK, once back to full fitness, slots straight into fullback and Kolo has another four years or so at CHB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How worried should we be about his footskills? I remember watching him last year against us and his ball use was beyond deplorable. As a Bulldogs fan do you consider his kicking efficiency over the past two years representative of his level or was he just in a form slump in that area?
Better foot skills than our captain. And most likely a step up on Bruhn and Clark who have butchered it regularly at senior level.

Just saying.

Very strong rumour floating around that Collingwood are in play for Smith, not sure they can afford him but you never know.
No draft hand whatsoever. They would need to push out 1 or 2 "name" players from their best 22 to get compensation picks and improve their draft hand. It would destroy the fabric of the club but it's the only way it would happen.

Do Pies have a 2025 R1?
Couldn't tell you sorry. I try and avoid going down the rabbit hole of draft related stuff. If they do, and they use it, then I reckon with their current list profile and lack of key position players, it could get very ugly for that club over the next few years.

You can build a list around the 2x Daicos lads but they're pretty thin once you go deeper than that. De Goey is a shadow of his best - Pendlebury and Sidebottom are cooked - and their key position stocks are very average with Moore coming off an average season by his standards.

Some talk that DeGoey might get shopped around but that would fracture the club and it's probably 12 months too late as far as his peak trade value is concerned.

Better foot skills than our captain. And most likely a step up on Bruhn and Clark who have butchered it regularly at senior level.

Just saying.

Bad call on Bruhn. He was a deer in headlights early last year but his ball use has been exquisite this year.

And Clark's kicking is going to be elite. Look at his dart to Foster or 60m pass to Wiltshire on the weekend.

For sure.

But I reckon Danger knew full well that his post was a double entendre.

Exactly

I don't think he gets enough credit for how smart he is - I know that some people simply view him as having a bit of an ego & making it all about himself, but he seems very calculated with what he does and which buttons to push

Bad call on Bruhn. He was a deer in headlights early last year but his ball use has been exquisite this year.

And Clark's kicking is going to be elite. Look at his dart to Foster or 60m pass to Wiltshire on the weekend.
Yeah, some of his kicking on the weekend genuinely surprised me. I was used to him being a fairly unimpressive kick at AFL level, it was good to see him doing some nice things with a bit more time and space at VFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back