Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I disagree, the guy is 34 by the start of next year and has shown definite signs of slowing down. Although he is durable, nothing lasts forever and I have bad memories of a very immobile Lachie Henderson and Harry Taylor being unable to impact anything that wasn't directly on their heads in the 2020 GF.

There's also just not a spot for him there, either. SdK, once back to full fitness, slots straight into fullback and Kolo has another four years or so at CHB.
Spot on.

Unless they use SDK as a fulltime ruckman(which I hope they don’t) he surely slots in at FB with Kolodjashnij, Henry and eventually O’Sullivan as the other KPD.

I’d have Blicavs continue to play as the 2nd ruck/utility until he can’t.

Yeah, some of his kicking on the weekend genuinely surprised me. I was used to him being a fairly unimpressive kick at AFL level, it was good to see him doing some nice things with a bit more time and space at VFL level.

It's mainly decision making which will come in time. He struck the ball ok at AFL level just took the wrong option.

Still look at his brief sub appearance against Gold Coast. Goaled with a snap from the boundary that he made look effortless. Then cut in on his left to hit up Neale who unfortunately dropped a sitter mark. Ball in hand is not going to be an issue.

Exactly

I don't think he gets enough credit for how smart he is - I know that some people simply view him as having a bit of an ego & making it all about himself, but he seems very calculated with what he does and which buttons to push

I see Dangerfield as a bit of a pseudointellectual. He thinks he's more intelligent than he is.

Bad call on Bruhn. He was a deer in headlights early last year but his ball use has been exquisite this year.

And Clark's kicking is going to be elite. Look at his dart to Foster or 60m pass to Wiltshire on the weekend.
Bruhn has improved - I should have pointed that out. Was probably pointing more to last year and the fact that inside our system he has clearly had some work put into him and has taken steps forward. If Smith needs a few kinks ironed out then he'll be on a sharp trajectory with Lappin and Kelly giving him some time.

Need to cool our jets on Clark. He's going to be a great player for the club - no doubt. But there's a big difference in VFL pressure and the extra time you get, versus the step up to AFL.

Exactly

I don't think he gets enough credit for how smart he is - I know that some people simply view him as having a bit of an ego & making it all about himself, but he seems very calculated with what he does and which buttons to push
Genuinely comes across as being up there with Harley, Gawn and Judd in having quite a lot betwixt the ears... for a footballer.

And actually has a personality, unlike most of the robots currently playing.

There are still a lot of question marks with that group.

Don’t interpret my comment as being negative, that group could be pretty good, but a lot would have to go right.

We should still be aiming for more reinforcements in the midfield.

Not a huge loss. I know some guys who were at Port when Burgess was there around 2012, they said he's still running the same programs today at the Crows. He spends 2-3yrs at a club, runs the same program he's run at every other club then moves on.
All you in hear in the media is that this guy is "the guy" but I always remember him from that fox reality show "the recruit?" and I thought he was a ****wit.

This morning on SEN, Sam Edmund was pretty adamant that Bailey Smith will end up at Geelong regardless of the picks talk.

As an aside, Edmund said that despite some talk from Jake Stringer's manager saying that Stringer would be interested in going to the Cats, there's no way the Cats would ever entertain such an idea due to how Stringer acted a few years ago when they spoke to him about it when his contract was up back then. Reading between the lines, it sounded like Stringer acted like a total douche at the meeting, and it turned the Cats recruiters off big time.

Reading between the lines, it sounded like Stringer acted like a total douche at the meeting, and it turned the Cats recruiters off big time.
Between the treatment of Tom Boyd, the unprofessional approach to skinfolds, and the schoolgirl groupie, it's a hard no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so they do have some draft assets they could use if needed.

Sounds like Smith is wanting us anyway so it's a moot point.
Every club could get any player they want just requires 2 things.

1 the player wanting them.
2 willingness to give up whatever is needed.

e.g Coll could get Reid this year for example even without a first rounder all they would need to do is give up N. Daicos and future first at the bare minimum

Now very low chance that something like the would ever happen but some clubs do get desperate at times.

We have seen similar things before Carlton trying to get Judd and i would say 100% lost that trade easily.

Better foot skills than our captain. And most likely a step up on Bruhn and Clark who have butchered it regularly at senior level.

Just saying.
Our captain is at a completely different level to smith in terms of power, explosiveness and inside game. But yes, I will concede that his disposal is hit and miss.

Bruhn and Clark are both way more inside than outside, and their ball use is at worst on the same level as smith, who is predominantly an outside player.

Just saying

Any thoughts that we might use this years R1 if we have someone in mind and offer our F1 and this years second for BS? Being an unknown pick and potentially top 10 may help the Dogs sell it as a win on their end. Anyone around that 20-25 that may interest us this year..?

There are still a lot of question marks with that group.

Don’t interpret my comment as being negative, that group could be pretty good, but a lot would have to go right.

We should still be aiming for more reinforcements in the midfield.

I know what you're saying and i agree but I also think it's the best we can do this year. Offering Smith lower dollars than the dogs screams that we're going in eyes open on it and we are maybe targeting more again next year.

The challenge is to hold the future first so we can jump on opportunities

From the Fox Footy article:

DIMMA MEETING CONVINCED DAVIES TO STAY A SUN

Davies could've waited for those rival clubs to ramp up their interest in the coming weeks, but a meeting with Hardwick assured the 22-year old his future was at Gold Coast despite playing seven AFL games this season.
In addition to his exit meeting last month, Davies convened with the Suns coach last week to clarify his role and where he stood in Hardwick's plans for 2025 with the looming trade additions of Daniel Rioli and John Noble plus academy draftee Leo Lombard set to further bolster the team's depth.

The 193cm inside midfielder, who's been stuck behind the likes of Gold Coast's star-studded on-ball group of Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson and Touk Miller, was told he was a required player and even that he'd be in Hardwick's starting side.

-
-
-

I have to say this was so predictable, Dimma seems like a complete f-wit, almost verbatim to what I said he would’ve been feeding a player with this kind of BS. Does he believe his own crap? I wonder who he said is dropping out of that midfield because Rowell, Anderson and Miller can only play midfield. Looks like Flanders has been shoved forward now in his plans. Lombard another big bodied midfielder. It’s almost as if Dimma is just selfish and greedy, just the same as what he did with Hopper and Taranto, selling the dream of premierships and then jumping off the sinking ship. Obviously sees it as a business first and foremost, which makes it all the most fascinating Davies was hoodwinked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its not going to affect it in any way , but i read last week he was at the Bulldogs training sessions and all the rest of it leading into the Scrays 1st final

You get beaten Friday night , come Monday he puts in his clearance application , the loss is still pretty raw for the supporters at this stage , i think he should have waited another week

And FWIW , i dont think he is fit to lace up the boots of Peter Featherby who played in the centre for both the Bulldogs and the Cats and also won a Geel (81) Best and Fairest in that position .
Not sure he could have waited. Pretty sure it came out of his exit interview for the year with Bevo.

We would be stupid to trade Knevitt. Tall for a mid, can take a mark and good tank. He has been very good in the VFL this year and was excellent in a losing final on the weekend. No role for him at present but next year and the year after there will be. He has a lot of upside, just needs a preseason or two more to get the AFL body. Zuthrie should be the example of what can be happen when you give the ones with the skills time to acquire the physical attributes they need.
Also looks like a kid that lacks confidence. He could bloom if he gets a run of games in the AFL

From the Fox Footy article:

DIMMA MEETING CONVINCED DAVIES TO STAY A SUN

Davies could've waited for those rival clubs to ramp up their interest in the coming weeks, but a meeting with Hardwick assured the 22-year old his future was at Gold Coast despite playing seven AFL games this season.
In addition to his exit meeting last month, Davies convened with the Suns coach last week to clarify his role and where he stood in Hardwick's plans for 2025 with the looming trade additions of Daniel Rioli and John Noble plus academy draftee Leo Lombard set to further bolster the team's depth.

The 193cm inside midfielder, who's been stuck behind the likes of Gold Coast's star-studded on-ball group of Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson and Touk Miller, was told he was a required player and even that he'd be in Hardwick's starting side.

-
-
-

I have to say this was so predictable, Dimma seems like a complete f-wit, almost verbatim to what I said he would’ve been feeding a player with this kind of BS. Does he believe his own crap? I wonder who he said is dropping out of that midfield because Rowell, Anderson and Miller can only play midfield. Looks like Flanders has been shoved forward now in his plans. Lombard another big bodied midfielder. It’s almost as if Dimma is just selfish and greedy, just the same as what he did with Hopper and Taranto, selling the dream of premierships and then jumping off the sinking ship. Obviously sees it as a business first and foremost, which makes it all the most fascinating Davies was hoodwinked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Davies must have some very bad advice within his circle to not see that he’s being pushed out of that midfield

Meh his career with some very poor choices

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back