Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Bruhn's pretty reasonable by foot IMO. Clark, yeah, a work in progress.

Thursday night he kicked some nice drop punts , one in the 3rd qtr on the run , i reckon 55-60 metres effortlessly

Thats what you want from your midfielders , Holmes was moving like an Oakleigh Plater , at full throttle and kicking the leather out of it every time , great to see

Wondering if the Cats would be considering overpaying for Garcia with a 2nd rounder in order to get the Dogs to accept this years 1st for Smith.

If we're trading for a second player from the Bulldogs, it would likely be wrapped up in one trade

Any thoughts that we might use this years R1 if we have someone in mind and offer our F1 and this years second for BS? Being an unknown pick and potentially top 10 may help the Dogs sell it as a win on their end. Anyone around that 20-25 that may interest us this year..?

Might look at one of the talls such as Whitlock, Sims or Shanahan. Alternatively could go for a midfield type such as Moraes.

Bruhn's ball use on Thursday was superb. Both by foot and hand

The highlight for me was in the first quarter when he marked in the half back flank and hit Bowes on the wing on the edge of the centre square to open up the ground in attack. It was just a really composed decision and execution to take on the more aggressive option.

From the Fox Footy article:

DIMMA MEETING CONVINCED DAVIES TO STAY A SUN

Davies could've waited for those rival clubs to ramp up their interest in the coming weeks, but a meeting with Hardwick assured the 22-year old his future was at Gold Coast despite playing seven AFL games this season.
In addition to his exit meeting last month, Davies convened with the Suns coach last week to clarify his role and where he stood in Hardwick's plans for 2025 with the looming trade additions of Daniel Rioli and John Noble plus academy draftee Leo Lombard set to further bolster the team's depth.

The 193cm inside midfielder, who's been stuck behind the likes of Gold Coast's star-studded on-ball group of Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson and Touk Miller, was told he was a required player and even that he'd be in Hardwick's starting side.

-
-
-

I have to say this was so predictable, Dimma seems like a complete f-wit, almost verbatim to what I said he would’ve been feeding a player with this kind of BS. Does he believe his own crap? I wonder who he said is dropping out of that midfield because Rowell, Anderson and Miller can only play midfield. Looks like Flanders has been shoved forward now in his plans. Lombard another big bodied midfielder. It’s almost as if Dimma is just selfish and greedy, just the same as what he did with Hopper and Taranto, selling the dream of premierships and then jumping off the sinking ship. Obviously sees it as a business first and foremost, which makes it all the most fascinating Davies was hoodwinked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Don't think that it was at all predictable that Davies would have bought that. Dimma ain't putting him in the 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the chances we have already ticked off a deal with the Doggies for Smith?

I wouldn’t rule out it already being a done deal.

Maybe it happens more than we think in the AFL but it’s all kept in-house to hype up the drama of trade period.
I agree 100%. It's quite funny how people still fall for all the hyperbole via the media and the over analysis - only to find out down the track that the deal was agreed on a fair way out.

Bailey Smith will most likely be the most hyped trade period deal so I fully expect the AFL to carefully orchestrate it so it goes right to the deadline (ala the Jeremy Cameron deal).

He's coming to Geelong and I'm 100% sure of it. What I'm turning my attention to is what else Geelong is cooking up. If we're to believe some of the talk, they have another target in their sights. Plenty to play out.

A Saints fan whinging over Smith wanting out

It wasn't that long ago we were with the stkildas of the league, now everyone's constantly complaining about our privileges.
I find it funny how some people simultaneously criticise the Geelong region as being a shit place to live but then equally bemoan players wanting to live here.

Thursday night he kicked some nice drop punts , one in the 3rd qtr on the run , i reckon 55-60 metres effortlessly

Thats what you want from your midfielders , Holmes was moving like an Oakleigh Plater , at full throttle and kicking the leather out of it every time , great to see
Yeah I think he had a bit of a habit of biting off high risk kicks when he forat came from GWS, especially off his left. When he hit the target he looked magnificent but Scott would have torn strips off him.

It wasn't that long ago we were with the stkildas of the league, now everyone's constantly complaining about our privileges.
I find it funny how some people simultaneously criticise the Geelong region as being a shit place to live but then equally bemoan players wanting to live here.
It was only 6 months ago one of the 3 teams being talked about in the tweet was missing out on trade targets

With Tuohy's retirement, Duncan's fall off and Holmes move to midfield I can see a spot for Knevitt on the wing next year with his running and marking ability. It is up to Mitch to put in a big pre season and step up and claim the spot. Possibility to transition to midfield as he develops.

I’d be looking to bring someone in with more genuine pace than Knevitt to play wing. Reckon Knevitt is either an inside mid that has the ability to take a mark around the ground or he just doesn’t make the team. Challenge for him is to step up to AFL level. Atm he looks lost in the seniors.

I’d be looking to bring someone in with more genuine pace than Knevitt to play wing. Reckon Knevitt is either an inside mid that has the ability to take a mark around the ground or he just doesn’t make the team. Challenge for him is to step up to AFL level. Atm he looks lost in the seniors.
I like the idea of a player with Knevitt's size making it as a Blicavs type replacement but he just seems a long way off. I've spoken to a few people who know him and they say he's a hell of a nice kid - but that might be his weakness. Just doesn't seem to have that aggressive hard edge that's probably needed at AFL level.

A comparison with Ollie Dempsey might not be too far off the mark - both very nice humble kids off the field - but there's been times where Dempsey seems happy to push and shove and get involved in a scrap. Knevitt just doesn't seem to have that in him. Tyson Stengle - very shy and reserved fella but happy to get in a scrap and push players around.

If Knevitt had a bit of Bruhn or Jye Clark aggression / and attack on the ball I'm sure we'd be having a different conversation about his value to Geelong.

That mystery mid that has been talked of ?
Have we got that mystery mid coming in from the west ?
I am hearing we may be balls deep into a certain Purple People Eater.
Brayshaw has been mentioned a few times. Serong has the Geelong Grammar connection.

Nice to dream but can't see any way we get a player of that stature in as well as getting the Smith deal done. I think it will be a midfielder on the fringe of best 22 at another club who Geelong believe has "upside" similar to Jack Bowes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back