Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Honestly, apart from Reid, Brayshaw would make us a powerhouse. A pure defensive mid that managed 30 touches/5 clearances a game.
Be almost unfair on the rest of the competition.
Brayshaw getting the handball out to a running Smith & Holmes would be thing of beauty.

Followed by the long bomb to Harley 1 out in the square 😍

I had a feeling that photo might resurface. Surprised no one in the media has grabbed it and had some fun.

At least it helps dispel any lingering doubts about Bailey's mental state. I mean who doesn't walk their cat around on a dog lead. Perfectly normal behaviour.
You know a guy is trustworthy when he takes his cat for a walk at the beach.

It's one of the ancestral tenants. Has been for 1000 years.

Brayshaw getting the handball out to a running Smith & Holmes would be thing of beauty.

Followed by the long bomb to Harley 1 out in the square 😍
The AFL might need to step in and ensure that there's a bit of a gap between Smith and Brayshaw arriving, and then Reid landing at Geelong.

If it all happens at once there'll be supporters of 17 other clubs marching down the highway and burning our stadium to the ground. Richmond supporters will be leading the charge.

Don't think that it was at all predictable that Davies would have bought that. Dimma ain't putting him in the 22

Davies had >15 CBAs in each of the last 3 matches of the season. So it's not like there isn't some evidence that actually will play him in the midfield next year. Granted, their season was over by then, so maybe he was just experimenting more. But perhaps also an eye to next year.

You know a guy is trustworthy when he takes his cat for a walk at the beach.

It's one of the ancestral tenants. Has been for 1000 years.
Give it a few months and every teenage girl in Geelong and nearby postcodes will be buying a cat and walking it around town on a lead. There will be a pussy everywhere you turn in Geelong.

All roads will lead to Bellbrae where there'll be a faint waft of pussy in the air once Bailey moves in.

Go the pussies !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see how we get anyone other than Smith and even that will be tough. We don’t have the picks unless we’re offloading players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So Jack Macrae just announced that he's requesting a trade but has not named a club. Can only suspect he wants to get to a club that can't be named as they're still alive in season 2024?

Yikes - is he the mystery mid?
I hope not ! The guy looks cooked when he's on the field these days. Unless its just because he doesn't get along with Bevo.

Macrae was always going to look to get out of the dogs.

The dogs were always going to look to move Macrae on.

It’ll be interesting to see if he goes in a Bowes type deal or if someone actually gives something for him.

I’d be looking to bring someone in with more genuine pace than Knevitt to play wing. Reckon Knevitt is either an inside mid that has the ability to take a mark around the ground or he just doesn’t make the team. Challenge for him is to step up to AFL level. Atm he looks lost in the seniors.
I could see Knevitt on the 1/2 back line in 2025.
He may take Touhy's place.
He would not be the first mid to do an apprenticeship on the flank/pocket.

Not saying I’d kill to get him but he’s not cooked. He had 19 touches in a quarter and a half coming on as sub a few weeks ago
Always loved Macrae but..
Not sure he improves us
Definitely stall development for a young mid

You have to ask is this a Macrae decision or a Bevo
Dogs saying to cats you want Smith and your not willing to give up players or future picks then we will accept your 2024 P1 but you have to take Jack and his contract

If this was the asking price then l would be happy with it

Jack is 30 still has football left in him good user and a perfect replacement for Duncan

So Jack Macrae just announced that he's requesting a trade but has not named a club. Can only suspect he wants to get to a club that can't be named as they're still alive in season 2024?

Hasn't it been reported that he doesn't want to move away from Melbourne due to family reasons?

While I haven't seen anything confirmed, it sounded a similar situation to Goldstein when we were interested in him but he stayed at North due to being separated from his partner/wife, and wanting to stay within close proximity to his kids

I smell a move “Norf”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back