Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Yeah good draft you could argue it, but Richmond will have so many picks before us i don't think it would work
Tigers definitely the danger imo after having a look at it.

If we determine they are not interested (and all others)… advantage us. That’s on Wells/Mackie to understand the landscape.

Just like the dogs need to put on a strong front that they will let him go if no deal is sorted… we also need to act as if we are good with that and we don’t technically lose anything if no trade is completed.

It’s a game of chicken but the dogs have more to lose.

We can still snag Smith after the dogs lose their asset for zero return.

Also for example if Richmond get Gold Coast’s #13 and let us know they are taking Smith on draft night, but we can then live trade for the selection if needed.

There’s really so many potential ways for it to unfold (although it almost never happens).

Once a player is OOC you are in a tough spot to play hardball these days now that live trading has come into play.

Also for example if Richmond get Gold Coast’s #13 and let us know they are taking Smith on draft night, but we can then live trade for the selection if needed.

There’s really so many potential ways for it to unfold (although it almost never happens).

Once a player is OOC you are in a tough spot to play hardball these days now that live trading has come into play.
Players simply have to much power these days to really try and screw things over.

Between the players, his manager, the aflpa etc being a complete dick to one player would seriously come back to bite you in the ass over a long period of time.

Players won't want to play for a club that clearly may **** them over, managers will steer players away knowing that it may affect them, and the aflpa will push for even more lopsided power to stop it in the future.

Tigers definitely the danger imo after having a look at it.

If we determine they are not interested (and all others)… advantage us. That’s on Wells/Mackie to understand the landscape.

Just like the dogs need to put on a strong front that they will let him go if no deal is sorted… we also need to act as if we are good with that and we don’t technically lose anything if no trade is completed.

It’s a game of chicken but the dogs have more to lose.

We can still snag Smith after the dogs lose their asset for zero return.
They have more to lose academically. But also, they've moved past him in a list management sense. They at least don't make their opposition harder to beat if he did end up at Richmond

They have more to lose academically. But also, they've moved past him in a list management sense. They at least don't make their opposition harder to beat if he did end up at Richmond
The Dogs can’t be sure he will not get to us anyway after not making a trade and losing their asset for zero.

I’d be shocked if it got to the last moment of the trade period and the Doggies didn’t flinch and trade him for our R1 if that’s was our best and last offer.

It very well may not get to that though, I have no clue what we are offering.

The Dogs can’t be sure he will not get to us anyway after not making a trade and losing their asset for zero.

I’d be shocked if it got to the last moment of the trade period and the Doggies didn’t flinch and trade him for our R1 if that’s was our best and last offer.

It very well may not get to that though, I have no clue what we are offering.
I think it'll be a Jordan Clark trade type sequence of events with our first taking the place of the Freo second.

The closest actual player trade comparison I can think of is Devon Smith, who saw himself as a mid paying hff in a team stacked with mids he was never getting past. That trade scenario never played out because Essendon swooped in with pick 11 which is probably where the original trade value of our first was expected to be. I think Dev even bought a place in Geelong first too?

I think it'll be a Jordan Clark trade type sequence of events with our first taking the place of the Freo second.

The closest actual player trade comparison I can think of is Devon Smith, who saw himself as a mid paying hff in a team stacked with mids he was never getting past. That trade scenario never played out because Essendon swooped in with pick 11 which is probably where the original trade value of our first was expected to be. I think Dev even bought a place in Geelong first too?
I'm not even talking about what I think will happen.

Because what I think will happen is that come the end of the trade period, the Dogs will have traded Smith to us for whatever both clubs agree to.

I'm just going over possible (although unlikely) things that could occur if no trade is ticked off and trying to pinpoint any potential areas where we might have the upper hand and not the dogs if it gets close to that situation and who could blink first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomey said on Gettable the Cats opening offer is 2024 1st…nothing else lol

If Dogs demand is 2024 + 2025 1sts and ours is just 2024 1st then the actual deal is somewhere in between.

Probably 2024 First, 2024 3rd, 2025 second

If we are going to chase the Bulldogs #11, can we try this get his name right otherwise it's going to be a fun 3->4 years coming up

Jack(son) Macrae - there's no second capital letter in his surname
We can’t even get Clark name right on here you’re setting yourself up for some disappointment

Twomey said on Gettable the Cats opening offer is 2024 1st…nothing else lol

If Dogs demand is 2024 + 2025 1sts and ours is just 2024 1st then the actual deal is somewhere in between.

Probably 2024 First, 2024 3rd, 2025 second
I wouldn't stress, neither sides first offer will be the trade

I think I've seen like half a dozen different spellings of his surname over the past 24 hours - I'm wondering how many more we'll see before the end of the trade period

But I can really see things going like this if we sign him and the surname variations keep coming

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

How about Jordan Clark/Clarke and Jhye Clark/Clarke

That’s always a funny one since both have the same spelling last name but it always seems to be an issue lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back