Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Oh no I’m not stressed at all, I back in Cats to always get deals done I’m just saying if Dogs want to do 2 firsts and we want to do 1 first, meeting in the middle seems the likely result

So, we're offering 1 pick and the Dogs are seemingly after 2 picks

How about we compromise and give them 2 x round 2 picks - that counts as two picks and more than just our first round pick...

So, we're offering 1 pick and the Dogs are seemingly after 2 picks

How about we compromise and give them 2 x round 2 picks - that counts as two picks and more than just our first round pick...

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

The dogs need to demand 3x R1s if that's the case and meet in the middle with 2x R1s.

They'd be playing chess v checkers if so.

I don’t think they’re insane, 2 firsts for an OOC player is already pretty steep as it is.
3 would just be laughable, like hang up the phone immediately level bad.

I don’t think they’re insane, 2 firsts for an OOC player is already pretty steep as it is.
3 would just be laughable, like hang up the phone immediately level bad.
Once future pick trading is up graded to 3 years i bet a lot more players start going for 3 firsts

They shouldn't but will

I think I've seen like half a dozen different spellings of his surname over the past 24 hours - I'm wondering how many more we'll see before the end of the trade period

But I can really see things going like this if we sign him and the surname variations keep coming

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF
Baeleighy Smythe and Jakk MkReigh

But that’s the thing, right now who is worth 3 firsts in the entire League?

Bailey Smith absolutely isn’t, but I’m talking realistically which players are?

Daicos? Cripps? Harley Reid?
Cripps is too old for 3x R1s IMO.

Some of the jet young players getting around def are worth 3 though... but it also depends on what teams R1s you are getting.

The Tigers R1's would be worth much much much more than a top team like us.

So I probably don't think anyway is worth Richmond's own next 3 R1s.

Back of the napkin calcs ignoring the added games from next week and 🤞 potentially the week after

We have 4452 games experience on the list currently. If we lose Stanley, Tuohy, Rohan, Hawkins but keep Bews, Parfitt, and Duncan we lose 1060 games experience. If you add 103 for Smith then you start the year with 3495 games.

If we lose Duncan, Parfitt, and Bews as well then we lose 1655 games and start the year next year with 2900 games experience if we add 103 for Smith.

North Melbourne lost 1428 games experience and went from 4500 in 2016 to 3072 in 2017.

Just changing tac a bit.
If play their usual card regarding Smith. Which is to trade out the future first on day one of the trade period to take it off the table.

Who do you think they could use that future 1st on? I've always liked Noble but he wants S.A. I think.
Think positional maybe? How about a dynamic 23 year old 'ish' half back flanker?

That would obviously mean Geelong cannot pay much for Smith. A first and a third rounder probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back of the napkin calcs ignoring the added games from next week and 🤞 potentially the week after

We have 4452 games experience on the list currently. If we lose Stanley, Tuohy, Rohan, Hawkins but keep Bews, Parfitt, and Duncan we lose 1060 games experience. If you add 103 for Smith then you start the year with 3495 games.

If we lose Duncan, Parfitt, and Bews as well then we lose 1655 games and start the year next year with 2900 games experience if we add 103 for Smith.

North Melbourne lost 1428 games experience and went from 4500 in 2016 to 3072 in 2017.

Hence why I think they'll like to keep 2 or 3 of Bews, Duncan, Parfitt & Rohan

It's not necessarily about them playing each week, but having that experience available even with things like helping the next generation whether it be at training or in the VFL

Hence why I think they'll like to keep 2 or 3 of Bews, Duncan, Parfitt & Rohan

It's not necessarily about them playing each week, but having that experience available even with things like helping the next generation whether it be at training or in the VFL

Pretty positive Scotty said yesterday Duncs was playing on? So there is 1.
Bews? Seems like a good clubman

Just changing tac a bit.
If play their usual card regarding Smith. Which is to trade out the future first on day one of the trade period to take it off the table.

Who do you think they could use that future 1st on? I've always liked Noble but he wants S.A. I think.
Think positional maybe? How about a dynamic 23 year old 'ish' half back flanker?

That would obviously mean Geelong cannot pay much for Smith. A first and a third rounder probably.

Noble as in John Noble from Collingwood?

He's GC bound on a 4-year deal

Just changing tac a bit.

If we gave our future first for John Noble I'd burn down GMHBA stadium myself

Pretty positive Scotty said yesterday Duncs was playing on? So there is 1.
Bews? Seems like a good clubman

Parfitt is one that I don't think we sign now, let him know he's open to exploring FA but come the close of trade period and if there's been no takers, we could do worse than sign him for 12 months - even if he's main role will be as a mature body in the VFL

The only real exception to that last Thursday was Duncan who had very low game time (under 60%) until the last quarter. Are we worried about him running out a game or were we actively managing him in case we needed to play 4 consecutive finals?

Duncan looked and moved like a Gold Rolls Royce against Port Ade

He looked fresh and A1 physical condition , and moved nicely , got great kicking skills

The penny should drop with a few posters who have continually said hes been cooked/finished for the last 4 years

Duncan looked and moved like a Gold Rolls Royce against Port Ade

He looked fresh and A1 physical condition , and moved nicely , got great kicking skills

The penny should drop with a few posters who have continually said hes been cooked/finished for the last 4 years
I was shocked people were writing him off earlier this year when he was the only one in the team getting over 20 touches a game.

In reality Smith cotton on deal will probably be undervalued if he comes across to us..
Although as an influencer it's difficult to put a dollar value on likes & follows

I wonder how thorough the AFL can audit things tho

Take any player who is on the market , a wealthy third party says you join this particular club i will pay out your father in laws 500k mortgage on his house , how in hell would the AFL be able to pick that up

Oh yeah you'd want something back. But I reckon he's a pick 26 type.
But as he's off to the Gold Coast my point was moot. But I was thinking of players like him.
Nah I get it, and it's a reasonable train of thought.

But if we're going to take that risk, I'd want it to be a player that's already a gun, or young enough that the club predict they can turn him into a star in short order.

With our retirements, it's only going to take a bit of bad luck (ala 2023) and that 2025 pick could be top 10.

We're going to want something a bit better than a Noble type, who we could find with pick 80 in the draft with our track record.

I wonder how thorough the AFL can audit things tho

Take any player who is on the market , a wealthy third party says you join this particular club i will pay out your father in laws 500k mortgage on his house , how in hell would the AFL be able to pick that up
What if I don't like my father in law?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back